Author Topic: Match Review Panel  (Read 1491 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Match Review Panel
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
King offered 2 weeks - level 3 striking

Tons of players fined

Swan fined for 3rd offence for involvement in a melee

Hislop offerend 1 match
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
King 2 matches, Hislop 1 match, + a heap of others receiving melee fines
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »
MRP in........

King - 2 matches with early plea. Level 3 striking.

Hislop - 1 match with early plea

melee fines: Nahas, Deledio, Graham, Tambling, Hislop, Cogs, King and a few other Tigers I missed. A number of Pies fined as well.

Swan - separate $3000 fine with early plea

Didak on Cogs - no action

Cloke alleged biting on McGuane - no action

Hislop ragdolling Maxwell - no action

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Match Review Panel
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
Match review panel: round 20
afl.com.au
5:13 PM Mon 17 August, 2009

The AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has laid the following charges from the weekend's round of matches.

Charges Laid:

The following players have been charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee, during the second quarter of the Round 20 match between Richmond and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Saturday August 15, 2009.

In summary, all players can accept a $1200 sanction with an early plea.

Robin Nahas, Richmond
Brett Deledio, Richmond
Angus Graham, Richmond
Richard Tambling, Richmond
Luke McGuane, Richmond
Tom Hislop, Richmond
Will Thursfield, Richmond
Mark Coughlan, Richmond
Daniel Jackson, Richmond
Jake King, Richmond

Shane O’Bree, Collingwood
Dayne Beams, Collingwood
Chris Dawes, Collingwood
Heath Shaw, Collingwood
Harry O’Brien, Collingwood
Leigh Brown, Collingwood
Nick Maxwell, Collingwood
Alan Toovey, Collingwood
Tarkyn Lockyer, Collingwood

A first offence for engaging in a melee is a $1600 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $1200 sanction.

Dane Swan, Collingwood, has been charged with a third offence for engaging in a melee, during the second quarter of the Round 20 match between Richmond and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Saturday August 15, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea.

A third offence for engaging in a melee is a $4000 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $3000 sanction.

Jake King, Richmond has been charged with a Level Three striking offence against Alan Didak, Collingwood, during the second quarter of the Round 20 match between Richmond and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Saturday August 15, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point). This is a total of six activation points resulting in the classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has 93.75 demerit points carried over from the last 12 months increasing the penalty to 318.75 points and a three match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 239.06 points and a two-match sanction.

Tom Hislop. Richmond, has been charged with a Level Three striking offence against Shane O’Bree, Collingwood during the fourth quarter of the Round 20 match between Richmond and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Saturday August 15, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and  high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points resulting in the classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

Other Incidents Assessed

Contact between Collingwood’s Alan Didak and Richmond’s Mark Coughlin from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The contact was made to Coughlin’s back. No high contact was made and therefore no further action was taken.

Contact between Collingwood’s Travis Cloke and Richmond’s Luke McGuane from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. Due to the inconclusive nature of the video evidence an investigation into the contact took place. Due to the Richmond player’s evidence, no further action could be taken.

Contact between Richmond’s Tom Hislop and Collingwood’s Nick Maxwell during the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed.  The impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82908/default.aspx

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »
I wish McGuane could've dobbed on Travis Cloke for biting, he would've got 6 weeks and a seat in the coaches box for the finals. Alas this player 'code' has prevented him, how unfortunate.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »
Hislop probably a bit lucky with the 1 week, take it, and tuck your elbow in next time!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 05:59:33 PM »
I wish McGuane could've dobbed on Travis Cloke for biting, he would've got 6 weeks and a seat in the coaches box for the finals. Alas this player 'code' has prevented him, how unfortunate.

Players code didn't apply to Maxwell in the press today.  Dog.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 06:49:49 PM »
The vision they had from behind the goal was fuzzy but it looked like Kingy's punch to Didak's stomach was retaliating to something. Didak trailing King looked to have his arm up near King's shoulder/upper arm. King them turns and gives Didak one to the guts.

The AFL will be happy with $26,000 into the kitty.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »
Yep Maxwell is a dog, seen him hit many when not looking, double standard prick will get his  :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
Yep Maxwell is a dog, seen him hit many when not looking, double standard prick will get his  :banghead

How can you say that, it's clearly Kingy's fault that the 2nd melee was sparked because 3 Collingwood players jumped him and starting laying into him.   ;D   ::)  ::)

I may be wrong but when O'Bree had Lids in a headlock, was Swann pulling Lids hair like a school girl?   :shh   :P   I've only seen one replay of it so I may be wrong but it looked like it on first look.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
A bit hypocritical of Maxwell sookinglike a girl (sorry girls) and yet he gets fined for his involvement in the melee.  Personally, I think the melee was the best part of the game and I was yelling at Kingy to really give it to Didak!

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »

How can you say that, it's clearly Kingy's fault that the 2nd melee was sparked because 3 Collingwood players jumped him and starting laying into him.   ;D   ::)  ::)

I may be wrong but when O'Bree had Lids in a headlock, was Swann pulling Lids hair like a school girl?   :shh   :P   I've only seen one replay of it so I may be wrong but it looked like it on first look.

Maxwell is a dirty player & always has been, if it was us in the finals & them struggling l bet he be the first one out with his fists.
Maxwell was refering more to Hislops attack on Collingwood players TA, he was hitting them to the ground & going back & bumping them while they were down.
Hislop attack on players went on all day l can remember 5 good hits he give out & some that were not on the TV.
Kingy done his job well & can tell you Didak was no angel on the day giving a few kidney punches behind play & was doing just as much niggling & was Cloke who should have got 2 weeks for striking but we talking about Eddiewood here when it comes to tribunal

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 10:32:25 AM »

Maxwell is a dirty player & always has been, if it was us in the finals & them struggling l bet he be the first one out with his fists.
Maxwell was refering more to Hislops attack on Collingwood players TA, he was hitting them to the ground & going back & bumping them while they were down.
Hislop attack on players went on all day l can remember 5 good hits he give out & some that were not on the TV.
Kingy done his job well & can tell you Didak was no angel on the day giving a few kidney punches behind play & was doing just as much niggling & was Cloke who should have got 2 weeks for striking but we talking about Eddiewood here when it comes to tribunal

Still gives us ammo then as Maxwell was the one that went at Hislop during the melee, then Hislop promptly won the battle.   :thumbsup

And Hislop's hip and shoulder on Shaw was sensational and there is nothing wrong with running back and reminding him about it.  :thumbsup

I don't know if Hislop, or King for that matter, will make it as footballers if we are to become a good team, but they're exactly what we need right now and I don't care what "expert" journalists say otherwise about their conduct on the weekend.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »
i nearly fell off my chair when i heard one commentator say "its not called for" when Hislop went back and reminded Shaw of that sensational bump.

the same idiot commentators that went after big Mal when he gave it to the girl Nick R.

Give me a break please. what a bunch of wankers and i hope they get absolutely smashed in the finals. Right nwo id almost rather Blues beat them by 1 point just to see the look on Maxwell and Eddie's face.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »
Well lets be honest anyone whose played the game knows you don't need to go back for a 2nd dig if you've laid a good bump.

Tommy's bump was perfect and within the rules. Leave it there. We're 100 points down, put Shaw on his back and keep walking, it's embarrassing seeing a 2nd push. And I really like Hislop but Tom just leave it in future.

Same thing happened when Cambell Brown cut the wind out of a Richmond Player with a fair bump and he came back at them on the ground with push and shove, weak as pee. Thats why Campbell Brown will always be seen as a thug instead of a hard nut.

Look up the AFL archives you'll never see a Michael Voss, Glenn Archer or Scott Turner do that. Some of the greatest hip and shoulders of all time.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 12:41:58 PM »
King and Hislop have accepted their suspensions. So Kingy's season is over while Sloppy misses this week.

However Kingy and Lids are contesting their melee fines.