Author Topic: Hardwick named Tigers coach  (Read 10771 times)

bushranger

Re: Hardwick named Tigers coach / official announcement at 10.30am Wed
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »
The only thing he will learn from Tony Shaw is "Imbecile 101".
He (Shaw) might be trying to get the nephew back to Victoria.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »
The only thing he will learn from Tony Shaw is "Imbecile 101".
He (Shaw) might be trying to get the nephew back to Victoria.

He went ok in their B & F I see.  Not that I would want him but the change certainly seems to have helped his career - as it seems to do for a lot of 'wayward souls'.  Bit like the Boags ad - there must be something in the water up there, things come out different.  I wouldn't mind being able to bottle some of their club culture.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick preaches Hafey gospel (RFC)
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »
Hardwick preaches Hafey gospel
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg | Tue 22 September, 2009

New Richmond coach Damien Hardwick wants to instill the spirit of the triumphant Tiger teams of the 1960s and 70s into the current playing group.

Speaking at last week’s Jack Dyer Medal night, Hardwick told the audience he was hoping the special qualities that defined those Tommy Hafey-coached Tigers, could be transplanted into the Club’s modern-day players.

“I look back with envy at the Hafey era, the period between 1967 and ’74, and the four premierships that go with it – the most successful era of this club,” he said.

“Ruthless, relentless and, most importantly, uncompromising. These are the words used to describe those great teams.

“The sooner these words become associated with our current group, the closer we will be to that elusive 11th premiership.”

Hardwick advised the Yellow and Black faithful that the road to the Tigers’ next successful would be long, but short-cuts were definitely not on their map.

“The Richmond Football Club, from this point on, will take no short-cuts,” he said.

“We’ll make brave decisions – and make no apologies for them because, you know from our proud history, that a period of sustained success is built on the back of hard work and exceptional teamwork.

“You’ll hear the term “team first” a lot about Richmond from here on in. We won’t just pay it lip-service, we’ll absolutely live it. It will become the fundamental plank in restoring the Club to its rightful position as a power of the AFL.”

Hardwick finished his speech with a strong message to the Tiger players . . .

“There will no longer be a reliance on hope at the Richmond Football Club. We will believe,” he said.

“Over summer, you will start that belief by rehearsing, rehearsing and rehearsing an offensive and defensive game plan that will keep you in good stead for the 2010 season.

“Belief comes when you are properly prepared. Finally, we have a blueprint for success – and we will not deviate from that blueprint.

“Every decision we make will be around how this can help the Richmond Football Club win the 11th premiership cup, and develop a period of sustained success . . .”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/85122/default.aspx

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »
i hope actions speak louder then words.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
i hope actions speak louder then words.

i would be happy with a volume somewhat near those words at this point... he is saying and mostly doing the right things so far!
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »
Hardwick is saying what people want to hear but the proof of course will be in the pudding. Even if he does all the right things and they pay off long-term, next year and maybe also 2011 will be tough until the list matures. Hardwick will have his knockers from impatient supporters as his honeymoon period wears off. By 2012 the Club will want to see the team starting to click and pushing up the ladder. The media of course will be on our back if they can smell Tiger coach's blood in the final year of his contract. If Hardwick succeeds in the long run he is going to earn it these three upcoming years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

bushranger

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »
I have got a good feeling about Hardwick.
I think he will deliver, and I think it may just take a little longer than we all want but he will get us there.
I know all about wanting success and quick. But here I know we all hve to wait and let his game plan take effect.
As they have been a a big blood round about for so many years.
And now we have got a good weapon so lets all take a long breath and let him get the job done.
We soon will be feared once more under him.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »
Hardwick will have his knockers from impatient supporters as his honeymoon period wears off.

I cant wait for this MT  ::) , I reckon after our first pumping which will probably be round 1 next year we will hear the nutters come out in full force.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »
i think Hardwick knows what is expected of him ...

2010: 13th - 16th (3 - 6 wins)

2011: 9th - 12th (7 - 10 wins)

2012: 5th - 8th (11 - 14 wins)

:)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2009, 12:09:45 PM »
i think Hardwick knows what is expected of him ...

2010: 13th - 16th (3 - 6 wins)

2011: 9th - 12th (7 - 10 wins)

2012: 5th - 8th (11 - 14 wins)

:)

More or less a carbon copy of Hawthorn in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Looking at our list I think it is an optimistic goal and I would be rapt if we got anywhere near it.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2009, 12:29:13 PM »
After all its going to a few tough years for clubs trying to rebuild through the draft

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Hardwick named Tigers coach
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Maybe we may hear from Dimma once training gets into full gear but one thing that stands out so far is Hardwick isn't expected to be the face of the Club and comment on everything that happens as we expected from our past coaches. Even with the club complaining to Demetriou about the draft fixture we still haven't heard boo from him. Looks like he is being allowed to focus solely on preparing and coaching the side in his debut year as a senior coach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
Re: Hardwick named Tigers coach
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
Maybe we may hear from Dimma once training gets into full gear but one thing that stands out so far is Hardwick isn't expected to be the face of the Club and comment on everything that happens as we expected from our past coaches. Even with the club complaining to Demetriou about the draft fixture we still haven't heard boo from him. Looks like he is being allowed to focus solely on preparing and coaching the side in his debut year as a senior coach.
and a big  :thumbsup to that!!!
he really has said the bare minimum so far, but im all for the actions more than words vibe.
we really have ages to go but im pretty excited to see what our sides rolls out in the NAB cup and more importantly Rd 1 (my tip is an expensive melee fine).
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
I'd much rather the silence than what the Demons are doing.  :thumbsup
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
he really has said the bare minimum so far, but im all for the actions more than words vibe.

So true. I used to cringe every time Spud, when interviewed before a game would go on about respect and how they were not respected.
He obviously didn't understand that you earned respect through actions, not connived through words. King size pin head.

“A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.”  Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta

You could add to that " A football club is not a good side because their coach talks them up"
 :shh :shh :shh

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI