Author Topic: Arnot delisted .... but to be redrafted to the rookie list ....... (afl site)  (Read 5637 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Chaplin never dropped -  shyte form in ones

I'm a fan of your work Judge but you've got to get over this blind spot for Chaplin.

He had an ordinary start to the year last year but most defenders did given the way the side played.

In the last two months he was top 10 in the AFL for intercepting opposition possessions.

When he plays well, we play well. Absolute key to the side and in our 5 most important players.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Agree, not a huge fan of Chaplin but when Rance is in the team and he's allowed to play with more freedom he is actually a decent player. Just can't handle playing tight on a direct opponent IMO

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
He's just OK to me. Not our worst, not our best. Wouldn't mind if Astbury took his spot.

the claw

Chaplin never dropped -  shyte form in ones

I'm a fan of your work Judge but you've got to get over this blind spot for Chaplin.

He had an ordinary start to the year last year but most defenders did given the way the side played.

In the last two months he was top 10 in the AFL for intercepting opposition possessions.

When he plays well, we play well. Absolute key to the side and in our 5 most important players.
i actually to  a far lesser degree agree with the judge on this one. i think we could find a slightly smaller quicker more sklled player to perform the role chaplin does.  my gripe with him is the poor skills but more importanly the inability to go one v one with the fwds around his size.  he should be the player taking on and stopping your clokes hawkins etc but he just doesnt do that role and when he does he gets cleaned up.
simply put i dont think him a top level KPD  he plays more like a third tall hence why i think hes expendable with his skill set. hes not top level kpd or top level third tall imo  AS SUCH WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND WITHOUT TOO MUCH  TROUBLE A BETTER OPTION for the role he does. sorry caps on.
ATM  he is the better option of the tall defenders apart from rance  but then again atm i dont rate many of our talls full stop.