Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167782 times)

tony_montana

Re: Pick 33: Liam McBean
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
Rance is coming along very well imo. Tracking really well for a 23yo KPD

Vickery is showing some promising signs. Still goes missing and still inconsistent but his trending upwards in performance this season.

Chaplin has been fantastic too.

Astbury - too slow concerning
Griff - just cant get near it concerning
Elton - bit like Griff just doesn't get involved enough (like his attack on the ball in the air), but his kicking is poo
Grimes - injuries and small frame
McBean - very very raw but bloody encouraging

the claw

« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2013, 09:40:25 PM »
RANCE VICKERY AND CHAPLIN ALL HAVE THEIR ISSUE.
Whoops caps on apologies.

Vickery in particular is a concern. He just doesnt do enough of the big man things if we wanted a a crumber we could have drafted a quick skillful sml med forward.
how does one say it without getting everyone off side. he plays like a sml he doesnt do what you expect kpps to do. he is poor in contests and in the air he lacks size and physicality. yeah he gets the ball at times but he gets the ball in the role of say paul hudson rather than a jon brown. hes 200cm and he has no presence he takes few contested marks and he does few hard acts. in fact he spectates when the ball has gone hes lazy and worst of all hes soft.
ask yourselves what do you want in your chf or even your resting ruckman/for. he doesnt tick many boxes.

i wont go into rance or chaplin. but if we are all honest we know they both have issues in some areas that kpds should not have issues in.

tony_montana

« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »
RANCE VICKERY AND CHAPLIN ALL HAVE THEIR ISSUE.
Whoops caps on apologies.

Vickery in particular is a concern. He just doesnt do enough of the big man things if we wanted a a crumber we could have drafted a quick skillful sml med forward.
how does one say it without getting everyone off side. he plays like a sml he doesnt do what you expect kpps to do. he is poor in contests and in the air he lacks size and physicality. yeah he gets the ball at times but he gets the ball in the role of say paul hudson rather than a jon brown. hes 200cm and he has no presence he takes few contested marks and he does few hard acts. in fact he spectates when the ball has gone hes lazy and worst of all hes soft.
ask yourselves what do you want in your chf or even your resting ruckman/for. he doesnt tick many boxes.

i wont go into rance or chaplin. but if we are all honest we know they both have issues in some areas that kpds should not have issues in.

Heard it all before, its like you've been in a time capsule claw.  :)  Im staggered you haven't seen the vast improvement in Rance as this season has progressed. Hes gone from honest chopper to a genuine quality KPD as the season has progressed. His intercept and rebound skill is elite for a KPD and his 1 on 1 has improved heaps this season.

Vickery too has stepped it up markedly. Has had and still has issues re staying involved in games for longer spells, but again as the season has progressed his good patches have increased and they way he drifts completely out of games has diminished although that's still an issue he needs to work on. When it comes to your summation, again, I don't think he plays like a small at all. :huh He doesn't get involved enough but when he does he looks like a star in the making, can make the game look very easy at times whicvh is why he's so frustrating. But he's young, coming off a shoulder - so Im satisfied with the improvement hes shown as the season has progressed.

Chaplin. I'll say again has been fantastic for us, no player apart from the ultra elite like Taylor and McPharlin doesn't have issues in some areas.

the claw

« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
all i can say hannah montana is until  i see for myself improvement in areas that are key for me  i will remain critical.

i have little doubt we would be better off with say a  elton mcbean riewoldt combo than persevering with vickery if he cant,  na why bother at the end of the day you lot just dont want to know.

i will finish by saying yes i would keep rance but at the same time i would be vigorously looking for a mcpharlin rutten merrett frawley type.  some players have assurance and make few mistakes and others are well like alex.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2013, 10:12:41 PM »
B:   Bernie Smith (Geelong)   Stephen Silvagni (Carlton)   John Nicholls (Carlton)
HB:   Bruce Doull (Carlton)   Ted Whitten (Footscray) Captain   Kevin Murray (Fitzroy)
C:   Francis Bourke (Richmond)   Ian Stewart (St Kilda, Richmond)   Keith Greig (North Melbourne)
HF:   Alex Jesaulenko (Carlton, St Kilda)   Royce Hart (Richmond)   Dick Reynolds (Essendon)
F:   Leigh Matthews (Hawthorn)   John Coleman (Essendon)   Haydn Bunton, Sr. (Fitzroy)
Foll:   Graham Farmer (Geelong)   Ron Barassi (Melbourne, Carlton)   Bob Skilton (South Melbourne)
Int:   Gary Ablett, Sr. (Hawthorn, Geelong)   Jack Dyer (Richmond)   Greg Williams (Geelong, Sydney, Carlton)

Reckon if we lined up like this on the weekend with all players in their prime Claw would still tell us we need to turn the list over and find upgrades. I don't think he can grasp the fact no team ever looks like this...

tony_montana

« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
all i can say hannah montana is until  i see for myself improvement in areas that are key for me  i will remain critical.

i have little doubt we would be better off with say a  elton mcbean riewoldt combo than persevering with vickery if he cant,  na why bother at the end of the day you lot just dont want to know.

i will finish by saying yes i would keep rance but at the same time i would be vigorously looking for a mcpharlin rutten merrett frawley type.  some players have assurance and make few mistakes and others are well like alex.

Don't want to know what? Whereas you think Vickery is an out and out dud that should be delisted I see something in him. I've said numerous times he has flaws and needs to improve. Not sure what else I can say? That's the way I see it, whether its right or wrong time will tell.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »
It was the Coburg oval...and its surface looks below par.
Wayno was at the Coburg game as hes always(assume he has some official capacity ).At the 3/4 time huddle he seemed more than a little concerned watching the Bean being helped off the ground

The surface at Coburg always looks below par but it gets sign off from the league so.

Wayne Campbell is the RFC representative on the Coburg board since CCameron left the RFC. Part of his role is helping them set up for 2014 as a stand alone club
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
And just in case folks missed it in the Coburg -v- Box Hill Thread I'll post it here
======================================================

McBean injured in Coburg loss

By richmondfc.com.au
1:01am AEST Monday, August 19, 2013

Scans later today will determine the extent of an ankle injury suffered by exciting, young Richmond key forward, Liam McBean, playing for Coburg in the VFL on Sunday.

McBean left the field in the third quarter and did not return, as Coburg suffered an 87-point loss to Box Hill.

The talented 18-year-old had registered 13 disposals and kicked 1.4 before the injury.

Full article:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-08-19/mcbean-injured-in-coburg-loss

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #338 on: August 19, 2013, 11:21:51 AM »
Should of played him against the Blues...FFS :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #339 on: August 19, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
Had a good chance to play this week with question marks over Jack. Will probably have to wait another year now.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This is not oneeyed-westcoast.com  :banghead

gerkin greg

« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
oneeyed-snake.com  :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »
Well the good news is the ankle isn't broken but the bad news is McBean is out for the remainder of the season
===============================================================================

Ankle injury grounds McBean
By richmondfc.com.au
2:27pm AEST Monday, August 19, 2013

Exciting, young Tiger key-forward prospect, Liam McBean, will miss the remainder of the 2013 season with an ankle injury.

It was initially feared the 18-year-old had fractured his ankle while playing for Coburg against Box Hill in the VFL on Sunday, after he limped from the field during the third quarter. Scans today, however, revealed no bone damage.

McBean has damaged ankle ligaments, which means he will be sidelined for a short period.

“It’s disappointing for Liam, but the good news is he will be ready to go for the start of the pre-season,” said Richmond’s Elite Performance Manager, Peter Burge.

“He will wear a moon boot for the next few weeks, before beginning his rehab.”

Full article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-08-19/ankle-injury-grounds-mcbean

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
oneeyed-snake.com  :cheers
Yes it is.  :cheers