Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167817 times)

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #480 on: July 07, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
The comparison to gunston is prob the best one I've heard, he has a unique skill set for a tall. We won't know until he experiences senior footy what he ll be able to get away with as snaps through traffic will be a bit harder I would have thought

Yep. L.Dunn had his measure in the pre season comp. He can expect similar match ups to that in future.
Whilst his skill set at ground level is good for someone of his size he really needs to develop his body strength to take advantage of his height.
Pretty good on the hit up lead but if he can add contested marking to his arsenal he'll become a much more dangerous proposition.
As someone else said Justin Westhoff is his targeted development.

tony_montana

« Reply #481 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »
yep would definitely like to see him add contested marking to his rep and just play taller in general. As it stands he wont be able to snap goals like that very often at afl level  and as he gets older and bigger he will lose that agility - don't become a dean putt mkII small man stuck in a big mans body

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: July 07, 2014, 08:07:43 PM »
With Riewoldt maric Vickery griffiths as potential forward line partners. Mcbean would not be getting the no.1 defender / Harry. Taylor. Jack on his own usually attract numerous defenders.
Mcbean would getting the best defender currently. Which would not be light years ahead of the 3rd or 4th senior defender. Mcbean would likely have a size advantage at senior level too.

Coburg in the past have been awful. And at times Richmond VFLa bbit of a rabble. Very often some people play betterat senior level with good pplayers around them. Even given the step up in tempo.

For mine - with mcbean near winning the VFL Coleman medal and still not getting a game behind mcgaune aedwards hampson sums up hardwicks backward mentality

Harry Taylor is irrelevant fact is he will play on better opponents and won't be our number 1 target like he is at VFL. Plonk Reiwoldt in that VFL side and I bet he'd kick 10 goals even with the VFL hacks kicking it to him

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: July 07, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »
With Riewoldt maric Vickery griffiths as potential forward line partners. Mcbean would not be getting the no.1 defender / Harry. Taylor. Jack on his own usually attract numerous defenders.
Mcbean would getting the best defender currently. Which would not be light years ahead of the 3rd or 4th senior defender. Mcbean would likely have a size advantage at senior level too.

Coburg in the past have been awful. And at times Richmond VFLa bbit of a rabble. Very often some people play betterat senior level with good pplayers around them. Even given the step up in tempo.

For mine - with mcbean near winning the VFL Coleman medal and still not getting a game behind mcgaune aedwards hampson sums up hardwicks backward mentality

Harry Taylor is irrelevant fact is he will play on better opponents and won't be our number 1 target like he is at VFL. Plonk Reiwoldt in that VFL side and I bet he'd kick 10 goals even with the VFL hacks kicking it to him
Interesting, but I disagree.  He wouldn't be kicking 10 with no midfield supply.  He'd be just sooking a lot more.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: July 08, 2014, 01:00:50 AM »

Interesting, but I disagree.  He wouldn't be kicking 10 with no midfield supply.  He'd be just sooking a lot more.

Ball would get in there enough just like it does for McBean

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #485 on: July 08, 2014, 03:20:13 AM »
Richmond Tiger Talk @Richmond_TT  twitter:

"In 72 hours we will know whether @liammcbean is playing his first game #candlelit-vigil #mcbeanmania"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
Richmond Tiger Talk @Richmond_TT  twitter:

"In 72 hours we will know whether @liammcbean is playing his first game #candlelit-vigil #mcbeanmania"

Get him in the team. I need some Jack and the McBeanstalk action!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »
Come on Dimma and give us members and supporters something new in a forgettable year. Play McBean.
Am I right in saying that Lennon and Lloyd are the only debutants for us this year? (AFL first gamers)
The future is bright at Tigerland!!

the claw

« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »
yep would definitely like to see him add contested marking to his rep and just play taller in general. As it stands he wont be able to snap goals like that very often at afl level  and as he gets older and bigger he will lose that agility - don't become a dean putt mkII small man stuck in a big mans body
the key question is, does he have the capability to play tall. if not delist asap. if so how best to develop it. still think he should be developed as a defender.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #489 on: July 23, 2014, 02:47:07 AM »
Hardwick said exciting 204cm forward Liam McBean still had work to do before he’d be considered for an AFL debut despite slotting nine goals in the past two VFL games.

Source: Herald-Sun

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: July 23, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »
Hardwick said exciting 204cm forward Liam McBean still had work to do before he’d be considered for an AFL debut despite slotting nine goals in the past two VFL games.

Not sure he actually said that.  He did say he had things to work on but I don't think he made those things conditional to getting a game.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: July 23, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »

yep sure does.

Lack of intensity, softness, Selfishness, Lack of gut running, and a mentally weak mind.

Once he satisfies these above requirements he gets a gig.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: July 23, 2014, 02:04:12 PM »

yep sure does.

Lack of intensity, softness, Selfishness, Lack of gut running, and a mentally weak mind.

Once he satisfies these above requirements he gets a gig.

Bring him in for West Coast! I don't want a McBean less side to beat west coast because then we'll be 'chasing finals' and he definitely won't be getting a go at all.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »
He looks like a tall atheltic forward like a Nick Riewolt type.He's a tall boy and has super talent judt needs more size.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
He needs more time.  You would have to give him a chance of getting a game though considering how bad the rest of our talls are.