Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 176646 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #630 on: May 01, 2021, 01:48:36 PM »
Other than Lynch and Dusty I actually don't think anyone is worth more than Bolton.

Cotchin, Astbury, maybe Houli to retire. Move Caddy on.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #631 on: May 01, 2021, 02:01:38 PM »
Houli and Caddy to come off the list. Take draft picks only. Dont worry about free agents this yesr. Just keep our best young players.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #632 on: May 01, 2021, 05:58:28 PM »
You’d hope he’d take a little less to stay at current challenging club. Like something in the realms of 600k for 2 years before he becomes a free agent. If you were giving him 800k you’d hope it would be on a long term 4-5 year deal which takes him past free agency.
TK, nice try, why shouldn’t he get 800, ? That is his value, would you stay at a job when could get more but liked it where you were would you go? He has earned it, he should get it

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: May 01, 2021, 08:17:09 PM »
I think $800,000 a year x 3 years is fine

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #634 on: May 01, 2021, 10:38:54 PM »
You’d hope he’d take a little less to stay at current challenging club. Like something in the realms of 600k for 2 years before he becomes a free agent. If you were giving him 800k you’d hope it would be on a long term 4-5 year deal which takes him past free agency.
TK, nice try, why shouldn’t he get 800, ? That is his value, would you stay at a job when could get more but liked it where you were would you go? He has earned it, he should get it

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve it but why are you talking like what I’m saying is so outrageous? Sacrificing salary for team success is very common. Dusty took less than he was offered by the kangas, lynch joined us when he was offered more by the suns, pies and hawks, cotch/Riewoldt/rance all shaved $$$ off their contracts a few years back. I could go on and on and that’s just Richmond.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #635 on: May 02, 2021, 04:30:15 AM »
“(Richmond) cannot sign Shai Bolton quick enough,” SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund said on Crunch Time.

“He’s got everything as a player hasn’t he. Ralph Carr is his manager and you know he isn’t going to be rushed.

“He was quoted this week saying Shai wanted to wait until the last portion of the year and he’s getting better by the week.

“It’s management 101 and about extracting the maximum (money and contract length), you’re not going to go home to Western Australia and you’d like it at that football club, but he has to get the share of the pie.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/01/the-player-who-richmond-cannot-re-sign-quick-enough/

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #636 on: May 02, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve it but why are you talking like what I’m saying is so outrageous? Sacrificing salary for team success is very common. Dusty took less than he was offered by the kangas, lynch joined us when he was offered more by the suns, pies and hawks, cotch/Riewoldt/rance all shaved $$$ off their contracts a few years back. I could go on and on and that’s just Richmond.
I didn’t say anything about your comment being outrageous ( I never put anyone’s comments down on this forum as I believe we should all feel comfortable expressing an opinion or asking a question) and yes I understand people may accept unders to play at a club.
I just don’t take it for granted that he will.
Let’s say he accepts 700 for 5 years, with a backend bonus of 200 in his last year, (or some other deal they concoct) the 100k diff is only 50 k in his pocket, he doesn’t have the weight of expectation on him and he has a carrot dangling to stay. Happy with that Tiger K ? Would like to hear your other opinions🤓
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:42:51 AM by MintOnLamb »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #637 on: May 02, 2021, 09:53:04 AM »
This has a "Dusty 2017" feel about it

Ralph dragging it on and on to maximise not just Shai's final figure but his own commission

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #638 on: May 02, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »

Ralph dragging it on and on to maximise not just Shai's final figure but his own commission

As any good manager should do.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: May 02, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »

I didn’t say anything about your comment being outrageous ( I never put anyone’s comments down on this forum as I believe we should all feel comfortable expressing an opinion or asking a question) and yes I understand people may accept unders to play at a club.
I just don’t take it for granted that he will.
Let’s say he accepts 700 for 5 years, with a backend bonus of 200 in his last year, (or some other deal they concoct) the 100k diff is only 50 k in his pocket, he doesn’t have the weight of expectation on him and he has a carrot dangling to stay. Happy with that Tiger K ? Would like to hear your other opinions🤓

Not sure what the beef is here. He like any other player is entitled to ask for whatever salary they feel they are worth. The no.1 priority is re-signing him. If we can re-sign him for less than his market value then that’s just a nice little bonus for the RFC that will help to keep the team together/pursue trade or free agency targets.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #640 on: May 02, 2021, 01:35:54 PM »

As any good manager should do.

True but having it play out weekly in the media is going to be painful
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #641 on: May 02, 2021, 02:01:32 PM »
Cerra/Serong, Logue and a first round pick or gtfo.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #642 on: May 02, 2021, 03:33:27 PM »
Pure class. Dogs had not answer for him.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: May 02, 2021, 03:48:09 PM »
Ran Caleb Daniels ragged in the fourth quarter.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #644 on: May 03, 2021, 05:38:22 PM »
[Ralph] Carr reiterated on Monday that he and Bolton, averaging almost 22 touches per game, would wait until the end of the season to weigh up Richmond’s offer and any that came from rival clubs.

“We made that decision earlier in the year, nothing has changed since then,” Carr said.

“Do we talk about it? No. We are just getting on with business ... what I mean by business is the footy side.”

A three-year deal for Bolton would take him to free agency but he could expect a grander offer on the open market, particularly if, for instance, North Melbourne believe he could play a key role in their rebuild or the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle attempt to lure him home.

Player-agent sources indicate Bolton is worth between $500,000 to $600,000 a season but former St Kilda star Nick Dal Santo said that could rise to $700,000 or $800,000 a year offers from interested rival clubs.

Speaking after Friday night’s win, Hardwick expressed confidence Bolton would remain a Tiger.

“I just stay out of it but Shai is an important player to us and he knows the fact that, and our players realise it, they can get paid more somewhere else, there is no doubt about that and they sacrifice to stay. But that’s what Richmond men do,” he said.

Source: The Age