Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275998 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »
Hate to be a Debbie Downer but just have a bad feeling about this. Just feel the club is going through a period of bad luck in combination with bad football management.

First we stuff up with our draft picks over a number of drafts, then resigning Hardwick too early and then we shift our attention to free agency and stuff up with Yarran.

Supporters might be looking back in 10 years time and say how we essentially shot ourselves in the foot with this list of errors and lost a decade in the process, really hope i am wrong (in all honesty similar decison making has already cost us three decades anyway).

You're right.

If the RFC was a country we would be having food air dropped by the UN.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »
According to SENS Courier Mail bloke (can't remember the name) pick 6 won't get the deal done with Prestia - they want a player.

Take your pick GC!

Deledio
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
According to SENS Courier Mail bloke (can't remember the name) pick 6 won't get the deal done with Prestia - they want a player.

Take your pick GC!

You mean the player GC already have?

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »
yep heres the list of players.
hunt
morris
ty
townsend
moore x 2
griffo
lennon
 should I keep going

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2016, 05:21:54 PM »

Take your pick GC!

Am I missing something, of whom are you speaking?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2016, 05:48:05 PM »
Hate to be a Debbie Downer but just have a bad feeling about this. Just feel the club is going through a period of bad luck in combination with bad football management.

First we stuff up with our draft picks over a number of drafts, then resigning Hardwick too early and then we shift our attention to free agency and stuff up with Yarran.

Supporters might be looking back in 10 years time and say how we essentially shot ourselves in the foot with this list of errors and lost a decade in the process, really hope i am wrong (in all honesty similar decison making has already cost us three decades anyway).

You're right.

If the RFC was a country we would be having food air dropped by the UN.

stuff the u.n, forcing poverty amongst europe
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:27 PM »
poverty is the cornerstone of capitalism.

Wash your dirty commie mouth out
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »

Take your pick GC!

Don't want pick six? How about six players!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2016, 11:23:57 PM »
poverty is the cornerstone of capitalism.

Wash your dirty commie mouth out

Don't ever call me commie pos

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2016, 11:25:26 PM »
 :angel:

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2016, 11:32:12 PM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2016, 04:18:40 AM »
Prestia’s manager Marty Pask is hopeful a deal can quickly be done when the trade period commences on Monday October 10.

“Dion has had a desire to return to Victoria and play his football in Melbourne surrounded by friends and family,’’ Pask said.

“If you look at Richmond’s core group of players and their ages, it was appealing for Dion to join a group of strong footballers in the right hit zone in terms of their age.

Pask said Prestia would be ready for day one of the pre-season after a knee clean-out ended his season early.

The hard-running midfielder was second in Suns club’s best-and-fairest in 2013 and third in the 2014 season.

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2016, 04:28:33 AM »
Richmond trading pick No.6 for Dion Prestia would be a mistake, says Kane Cornes

Jay Clark
Herald Sun
September 1, 2016

RICHMOND would be making a mistake trading pick No.6 for Dion Prestia in an attempt to bounce back quickly into the finals mix next season, according to Port Adelaide’s Kane Cornes.

The Tigers may part with their top selection for the 23-year-old Gold Coast midfielder, who nominated the Tigers as his preferred destination.

Cornes said Richmond clearly overrated its list and should follow St Kilda’s plan to rebuild through the draft.

“I worry with the language coming out of the club all year that they (Tigers) overestimate their list,” Cornes told the Herald Sun.

“And they seem to think they are a Dion Prestia away from a final series, but I don’t see that at all.

”I think they are a fair way back, and it can turn quickly, if you look at St Kilda and the way they have gone about it. That’s the way I would have gone.”

Richmond has already moved its second-round draft pick on to Gold Coast, meaning its first selection, after trading on pick No.6 for Prestia, would be in the third-round.

Cornes said the pressure on coach Damien Hardwick to perform next season was at odds with the state of the Tigers’ list.

Richmond they probably need to realise where their list is at and when you are that far behind, the best strategy is to go to the draft.

“It is just the wrong play for me because the thing you have to remember is clearly Hardwick is under pressure, so he needs improvement (straight away),” he said.

“So there’s two issues, there’s the coaching issue and the club as a whole.

“I think the best long-term strategy for the club is the one I’m suggesting, to go through the draft, but if you are Damien Hardwick, you probably can’t knock him for the way he is going because he needs improvement.”

Richmond has also been linked to veteran Collingwood spearhead Travis Cloke.

Cornes said Richmond needed as many early draft picks as possible to help rebuild back into a genuine premiership contender.

“Richmond they probably need to realise where their list is at and when you are that far behind, the best strategy is to go to the draft and there are a number of midfielders are available this year,” he said.

“To give up so much to get a 23-year-old (Prestia) who only played 22 games in the past two years and had some injury concerns when he was a kid, is risky.

“They should get as many first-round draft picks as you can, and trade out a (Ty) Vickery and (Reece) Conca and get those picks in return, because I don’t think the first-round picks that they have had in the past five years - I can’t see apart from (Dustin) Martin - the next star.”

Cornes said the Saints had shown teams can regenerate through the draft, while keeping some core senior players.

“They kept some of their older stars like (Nick) Riewoldt, (Leigh) Montagna and clearly Richmond has a whole of quality in that same department, so you keep on to (Alex) Rance and (Jack) Riewoldt and Dustin Martin,” he said.

“But if you look at those three and I think who is the next Dustin Martin at Richmond? There is no one coming through that I think is the next star of that football club.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-trading-pick-no6-for-dion-prestia-would-be-a-mistake-says-kane-cornes/news-story/5cdb40ec176ddae425a6e89c3f9931a0

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2016, 06:17:56 AM »
If we trade pick 6 for him we a basket case and nothing has changed. I have no cofidence in our board and football department.No way near worth a pick 6 he can pass for me.Sack the the lot of these clowns running the club.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2016, 08:58:49 AM »
you must have confidence in the recruiters to find a better player than prestia than pick 6 though?