Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 276023 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #765 on: October 20, 2016, 02:33:04 PM »
Comparing McCrae to Ellis says leagues about your footy acumen. He or Boyd should have won the Norm Smith in the Granny.

:lol :lol if you don't think he's an improved Ellis then you've obviously got your blinkers on. Saying he deserved the Norm Smith doesn't even deserve a response :lol :lol :lol :lol
Oh really?.....You came into my headspace and once again you cower and I win...I do pay the price of feeling a bit dumber having  conversed with you though.....but I'll get over it.

On McCrae, his stats weren't bolstered by clearances following chip kicks to oneself after kicking out from opposition points. He also had 4 crucial clearances and almost double the contested possessions of Johannisen. He was a close 2nd to Johannisen re DT points but was much more effective when in counted . All nuanced thinking I know, but try to squeeze some energy out of your necrotized neurons pleeaasssse.

By the way you referred to me as a 'supporter' in a recent post.....I prefer the term 'reformed member'.
You have put a lot of thought and energy and psychotropic drug abuse into this post...  for some reason
Not really, it just rolled off the tongue whilst perusing a tender, watching the US debate and listening to trade radio. My drug of choice is a cup of coffee but if you're willing to share some of your 'stash' PM me.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #766 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:54 PM »
The Prestia deal looks even pootier now that we don't have a first round pick in what some experts say is a very good draft.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #767 on: October 20, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »
The Prestia deal looks even pootier now that we don't have a first round pick in what some experts say is a very good draft.

WTF would they not insist on a higher pick in this draft. Unless they know dimwit is out the door and the new coach will be armed with 2 inside 20 next year and 4 inside when we lose dusty.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: October 20, 2016, 03:29:31 PM »
Comparing McCrae to Ellis says leagues about your footy acumen. He or Boyd should have won the Norm Smith in the Granny.

:lol :lol if you don't think he's an improved Ellis then you've obviously got your blinkers on. Saying he deserved the Norm Smith doesn't even deserve a response :lol :lol :lol :lol
Oh really?.....You came into my headspace and once again you cower and I win...I do pay the price of feeling a bit dumber having  conversed with you though.....but I'll get over it.

On McCrae, his stats weren't bolstered by clearances following chip kicks to oneself after kicking out from opposition points. He also had 4 crucial clearances and almost double the contested possessions of Johannisen. He was a close 2nd to Johannisen re DT points but was much more effective when in counted . All nuanced thinking I know, but try to squeeze some energy out of your necrotized neurons pleeaasssse.

By the way you referred to me as a 'supporter' in a recent post.....I prefer the term 'reformed member'.

Sorry, what? Not sure how I came into your headspace and am now cowering but if that's how you feel, then good for you. I'm glad you feel some sort of superiority for disagreeing with someone on the internet. Wonder why that is?

Hey I didn't have Johannisen as my pick for Norm Smith but I guess simple minds just assume because I don't agree with one thing, it means I agree with the other. I would have picked a few others before him, one of them being Boyd ;), alas.

Lastly, that post had nothing to do with you except you were one of two people who mentioned 'members', assuming I'm thinking of the right one. Rather, it was a tongue in cheek comment directed towards ol' mate YBB. I know it's difficult for you to think that maybe I didn't even realise it was you who posted because I don't love you as much as you love yourself but it's true.
If only you could progress an argument as adeptly as you regress one....sigh....
I'll let you in on a little secret.....come close now.......(whisper behind a cupped hand) - "I don't take any of this too seriously", myself included.

I think you do

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: October 21, 2016, 12:39:08 PM »
essentially we got Prestia and Caddy for pick 6 and future 2nd rounder
pretty solid deal.

esp when you consider we will pick up another 1st rounder and 3rd rounder next year for Deledio

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #770 on: October 21, 2016, 10:02:54 PM »
Did we do a full due diligence (body and mind) on prestia and caddy?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »
Get the rubber gloves out

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #772 on: October 22, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
You using the whole fist doc?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #774 on: October 22, 2016, 03:51:13 PM »
Nah!

Look! No hands!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »
Nah!

Look! No hands!

Elimination final memories....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #776 on: October 23, 2016, 06:59:52 AM »
haha
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #777 on: October 23, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »

But we have 2 first round picks in next years SUPER draft :clapping

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #778 on: October 23, 2016, 11:10:18 AM »

But we have 2 first round picks in next years SUPER draft :clapping

I always treat it with trepidation when one draft is called a strong draft and others a weak one. The only stand-out was the '01 draft, which didn't really prove itself until 5-6 years afterwards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #779 on: November 05, 2016, 05:22:11 AM »
Richmond’s star recruit Dion Prestia will be able to complete a full pre-season with the Tigers

JON RALPH
Herald Sun
5 November 2016

RICHMOND’S star signing Dion Prestia will be fit to complete a full pre-season at Punt Road as the Tigers prepare for the return of Chris Yarran.

The Tigers pre-season will start on Monday for their first-to-fourth-year players with Yarran committed to returning early after injury and mental health injuries.

Prestia, out since Round 16 following knee surgery, should quickly progress from the rehab group into full training.

He battled for most of the season with knee pain as the Gold Coast’s injury crisis worsened, but eventually succumbed to the problem.

That cartilage issue kept him out for the rest of the year, but Richmond says he is in good shape.

New football boss Neil Balme said Prestia would quickly progress once the club’s senior players returned to training.

“He will still be in the rehab group to start with, but it will only take him a little while to get out of it. It was a little cartilage issue,’’ he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmonds-star-recruit-dion-prestia-will-be-able-to-complete-a-full-preseason-with-the-tigers/news-story/d8526086fa69a69b2e8eca7e1398a798