Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 337361 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
he may have started at the club in 2005 (?) but it was in a part time capacity and not as head of recruiting. His job during that time was watching kids running around in the TAC Cup. So to blame him for the trading for and drafting of re-cycled players in 2005 is a nonsense.

Even if you are part time I would have thought you look at measures like who was picked by junior selectors, rather than your own "vibe" even more so if you can't see them personally.
Passed on Hurn - AIS, SA captain, AA, SANFL premier (2). Took JON
Passed on Swallow - AIS, WA captain, AA. Took Casserley
Took Hughes - AA so at least he had the record if not the character.

I take your point but my original response was in regard to re-cycled players not "junior selections" - big difference.

And I still believe that blame Jackson a part time recruiter in 2005 who's job it was to watch the "juniors" for the misses regarding re-cycled players recruited at that time is a nonsense

Fair point WP. I admit that to blame Jackson for P Bowden and Humm in 2005 is a "nonsense".
Should only be judged on JON, Hughes, Casserley, White, Graham and Howat - the juniors.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: March 16, 2012, 02:18:26 PM »
good to see you have a balanced view on this
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #677 on: March 16, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
Thought Greggy Miller picked JON?

FJ should only be judged on picks taken after he became full time, to speculate on what was and wasn't in his job description as a part timer, and what advice he did and didn't give, what it was based on, and what was done with that advice when given just has too many variables to bother.

If you can't mount a case against his record from the time he became a full time employee of the RFC to now, then you can't mount a case.

gerkin greg

« Reply #678 on: March 16, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
I also think a recruiter's record is hugely co-dependent on the quality of the football department his picks develop under. A good football department will make an average recruiter look good, whilst a poor football department (*cough*) could make Geez look like a gimp.

Having said that, I think FJ, like most recruiters, is middle of the road. Surrounding him with more experience, more eyes, more resources is the real answer. We just need to keep adding to his department to get the best results.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: March 16, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
:nope
this is no good.

Gerks, please put your brain in neutral and try again.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #680 on: March 16, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
i think that's what you call a moment of clarity

just let me hammer this crayon back into my brain...chok...chok...chok...

BEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR  :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bachar Houli - 50 games
« Reply #681 on: April 04, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
Congrats to Bachar who is playing his 50th AFL game on Saturday night.

Thank you Essendon  ;D.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Bachar Houli - 50 games
« Reply #682 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
He'd be hoping to play better than he did last Thursday or he won't be playing his 51st in round 3. Actually, he probably will. I forgot that Dimma plays favourites

:outtahere

dwaino

« Reply #683 on: April 04, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
He'd be hoping to play better than he did last Thursday or he won't be playing his 51st in round 3. Actually, he probably will. I forgot that Dimma plays favourites

:outtahere

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #684 on: April 05, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
Bachar has tipped Collingwood to win .... Oops!  :lol

http://www.afl.com.au/tipping/aflexperttipsters/tabid/13842/default.aspx

Edit: They must have heard me as they just fixed it back to Richmond.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL now a Mecca for all fans (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #685 on: April 19, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
AFL now a Mecca for all fans

Daryl Timms
    April 19, 2012

RICHMOND'S Bachar Houli said more Muslims would go to the footy after the AFL announced prayer rooms must be provided at all venues.

The requirement for Muslims to pray five times a day was stopping many from attending AFL games, he said.

Houli said many were forced to pray in carparks or stairwells at AFL grounds.

Houli, a devout Muslim who works for the AFL one day a week as a multicultural ambassador, asked league chief Andrew Demetriou to provide prayer rooms at all grounds.

Prayer rooms, for all denominations, have been recently introduced at Etihad Stadium, the MCG and Sydney's ANZ Stadium.

But the AFL is now insisting on prayer rooms at the SCG and all other interstate venues.

Houli said not many fans knew of the existing prayer rooms and Mr Demetriou said prayer rooms were long overdue.

"It was a request from Bachar in his role as a multicultural ambassador and, to be honest, I was genuinely surprised it wasn't thought of before,"

Mr Demetriou said.

"We will be speaking to all our venues about providing a prayer room, which is, of course, for any denomination. It's again a demonstration of our inclusiveness."

Houli, who prays five times a day - including for five minutes before and after games - said a lot of people from the Islamic community weren't going to the footy because of a lack of prayer rooms.

He said all Muslims would need to pray once while at games  women in an enclosed area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/afl-now-a-mecca-for-all-fans/story-e6frf9jf-1226332122338

Ruanaidh

Re: AFL now a Mecca for all fans (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #686 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:22 AM »

Houli, who prays five times a day - including for five minutes before and after games

I find myself praying from the time the game begins and I don't finish until it ends! :pray

dwaino

« Reply #687 on: April 19, 2012, 10:12:05 AM »
That'd be right. I bet there will be halal food at the G before any decent vego options. Nandos is going into the Southern Stand upgrade isn't it. Will probably have a compromised menu and no vege pitas any way :(

Houli, who prays five times a day - including for five minutes before and after games

I find myself praying from the time the game begins and I don't finish until it ends! :pray

:lol :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #688 on: April 19, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
That'd be right. I bet there will be halal food at the G before any decent vego options. Nandos is going into the Southern Stand upgrade isn't it. Will probably have a compromised menu and no vege pitas any way :(

vegetarians shouldn't be allowed at the footy
bottom of the food chain
just under seagulls

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »

:lol :thumbsup

The Nandos van at the g is feral.. Isn't made fresh and sits there for ages
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH