Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 335233 times)

dwaino

Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #750 on: April 20, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
^^^You are surely not equating being a redneck with secularism. Personally when I go to the football I see enough deluded football fans, do we really need to take it to another level? Sorry, but I find all religions anachronistic as they presume to embody that which by their own definition is unknowable. :banghead BTW, I like Bachar too........ATM.

How dare you, Ruandaidh, this is Texas and in Texas one does not argue with the magisterium  :P remember, theism is synonymous with morality, and to be secular, or a-theist, is to be without moral..... You redneck  :banghead :rollin

If this wasn't such a big deal and no one cared then it would of been a non-event, instead we've got discussions and articles.

Will I be allowed to pray to the Flying spaghetti monster in these rooms? I also demand a strainer to be worn as a hat. Failure to comply will result in noodly wrath.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:43:49 AM by dwaino »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #751 on: April 20, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »
ooh my who gives a stuff if there is a room or isnt.

its only a room which you more than likely will never see or pass so again who cares.

if its going to give us more members from Houli's contacts then im all for it. i would be the same if it was a Jew, catholic, christian again its a room for crying out loud.

i bet you wouldnt oppose another TAB yet oppose a room that you will never go into or pass.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #752 on: April 20, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
Bachar is a pioneer and doing plenty to break down the fear factors that divide society in this country.
I'm not saying that Bachar is a fan of Sharia Law but it is the essence, along with the Torah and Old Testament, of hierarchical division. Blokes like yours truly are dross to them. Pandering to cultural and/or religious minorities must be seen through this lens, it is divisive by nature. I also noted that now they have the prayer rooms Bachar stated that:  "they wont be giving them up" (or words to that effect). This absolutism is a typical trait of an adherent and it has me concerned. Bachar isn't Gandhi FCS (pardon the pun)! ;)

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:15:37 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: April 20, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »

its only a room which you more than likely will never see or pass so again who cares.

if its going to give us more members from Houli's contacts then im all for it. i would be the same if it was a Jew, catholic, christian again its a room for crying out loud.

i bet you wouldnt oppose another TAB yet oppose a room that you will never go into or pass.
Agree, makes no difference to anyone that it is there. The only people it does make a difference to are those using it . . .

As someone else said on here, if they aren't shoving it down your throat and telling you how to live etc. then this whole thing has been a non event blown way out of proportion.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #754 on: April 20, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »

Scenario: The 'multi-faith' room at the 'g' begins to overflow and pathways through the various 'bays' are blocked. Any attempt to disturb this action is seen as sacrilege by the worshippers and they react accordingly. What will be your response???? And for those who say it can't happen....exhibit A:

http://muslimvillage.com/2011/09/19/14737/france-bans-public-muslim-prayers/

BTW is is my last post on this matter - I think I've laboured my viewpoint enough.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #755 on: April 20, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
I don't mind a prayer room for those of various faiths, but where is my atheist room full of drugs, booze and hookers?

Discrimination.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: April 20, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
I don't mind a prayer room for those of various faiths, but where is my atheist room full of drugs, booze and hookers?

Discrimination.

Obviously wouldn't be able to build a room big enough for what has to be the fastest growing nonreligion! There would be mor people there than at the game!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »

Discrimination.

It's called the MCC

Willy is the dealer and the hooker

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #758 on: April 20, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »

Discrimination.

TAB

Ox

« Reply #759 on: April 20, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »
It's none of our stuffing business
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:59:57 PM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #760 on: April 20, 2012, 11:46:24 PM »
With any luck,a Hashis  room is just around the corner

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #761 on: April 21, 2012, 01:18:27 AM »

Discrimination.

It's called the MCC

Willy is the dealer and the hooker

Cashin cheques/snappin necks
whrorin/scorin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers can compete with the best, says Bachar Houli (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #762 on: May 29, 2012, 12:40:47 AM »
Tigers can compete with the best, says Bachar Houli

Eliza Sewell
    May 29, 2012

RICHMOND defender Bachar Houli says the Tigers feel they can compete with the best teams in the AFL.

The Tigers upset Hawthorn by 62 points on Saturday - their biggest scalp of the season.

Despite falling 10 points short of both West Coast and Geelong earlier in the season, Houli said the players remained confident they would beat a top-four contender.

"We've worked extremely hard over pre-season on our defensive side and believe that we can be right up there with the likes of Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn," Houli said.

"Believing in our ability doesn't come easy, but definitely everyone's up and about, week in, week out."

He said that after building the foundations for success, this was the year to deliver.

"Last year and the year before we were probably spending too much time getting games into our younger players," Houli said.

"(Coach) Damien Hardwick has put a stamp on things and said it's no more about development, it's about moving forward and aiming for finals football ... that's been our mentality since pre-season.

"We've put a lot of expectations on ourselves to take the next step and that's evident in the way we're travelling at the moment."

The Tigers lead the league in uncontested possessions and have improved their contested-possession count and their efficiency.

"Chipping it around is our focus, as well as contested football," Houli said.

"We've come a long way with our contested football - last year being in the bottom half of the competition and this year we're right up there with the best.

"We've worked extremely hard on our kicking and handballing technique and mainly just staying relaxed when we've got the football, not taking the perceived pressure."

Richmond takes on St Kilda on Friday night at Etihad Stadium.

And Houli has done his homework.

"The Saints are going pretty well, sitting in the top eight. We're just out, so it's going to be another big challenge," he said.

"We haven't beaten the Saints since 2003, so nine years is quite a long time. They're pretty tough opposition, especially at Etihad.

"We know that their lively forwards are up and about and we've got to come with a game plan to slow them down.

"People forget the experience that the Saints' players have got. A lot of players have played 150 games and their experience is starting to step up again."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tigers-can-compete-with-the-best-says-bachar-houli/story-e6frf9jf-1226370412301

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers set to attack after long drought: Houli (Age)
« Reply #763 on: May 29, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »
Tigers set to attack after long drought
Jon Pierik
The Age
May 29, 2012

RICHMOND defender Bachar Houli says the Tigers have moved out of their development phase and are now expected to deliver on heightened expectations.

While Houli insisted yesterday it was too early to mention the sometimes dreaded F word - finals - it's clear the Tigers are no longer content dealing with honourable defeats.

Those came earlier in the season against Geelong (10-point loss), West Coast (10-points) and Essendon (19-points), but a thumping 62-point win over Hawthorn has shown the Tigers they can compete with the so-called elite sides.

Houli, enjoying another consistent season across half-back with a hardened defensive edge, revealed coach Damien Hardwick had made his intentions clear over the pre-season. ''For us, it was no more about development. Last year and the year before, we were probably spending too much time getting games into our younger players,'' Houli said.

''Damien Hardwick has obviously put a stamp on things and said that it is no more about development, it's about moving forward and aiming for finals football.''

Houli said the Tigers maintained their belief during a tough start to the season when they dropped four of their opening five matches - with the lone victory against insipid Melbourne. ''We have worked extremely hard over the pre-season on our defensive side and believe that we can be right up there with the likes of Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn,'' he said. ''Believing in our ability doesn't come easy but definitely everyone is up and about week in, week out.''

This belief has been endorsed by punters. According to TAB Sportsbet, the Tigers were $51 for the flag on the eve of the season, ballooning to $81 after the round-one loss to Carlton. However, there has been strong support since Saturday, with the Tigers now at $17 to break their premiership drought.

Many challenges still await, though, continuing under the bright Friday-night lights when they face a resurgent St Kilda at Etihad Stadium. The Tigers have not beaten the Saints in 14 meetings since April 2003. They drew in their last meeting, in round two last season, but it is ugly reading from there for the Tigers' faithful.

''We haven't beaten the Saints since 2003, so nine years is quite a long time,'' Houli said. ''They are pretty tough opposition, especially at Etihad Stadium. We are looking forward to a massive challenge again.''

The Tigers must also overcome a scratchy record at the Docklands venue. They have lost five of their past six matches at Etihad Stadium, and their past 10 against the Saints at the stadium.

Their high-possession style - Champion Data statistics show the Tigers lead the league in average total disposals and are well ahead in uncontested possessions - would seem more conducive to the MCG but must be replicated at the smaller Etihad venue. To maximise these high number of possessions, the Tigers must find a target. They have successfully achieved this, ranking third in kicking efficiency and second in overall disposal efficiency. ''We have worked extremely hard at our kicking and handballing technique and mainly just staying relaxed when we have the football and not taking the perceived pressure,'' Houli said. ''It's all about staying relaxed and maintaining possession whilst you have got the ball.''

While Jack Riewoldt booted six goals against the Hawks, Houli praised the enigmatic forward's defensive pressure, while delighting in what ruckman Ivan Maric had brought to the club after struggling for a regular senior game at Adelaide last year. ''He has obviously come from a similar background to what I went through at Essendon,'' Houli said.

''His standard of performance has risen a long way. His character at the club stands out a mile, just his leadership with the young guys. His performance on the field shows that as well.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-set-to-attack-after-long-drought-20120528-1zfdl.html#ixzz1wAwZR68y

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #764 on: July 12, 2012, 11:48:38 PM »
VIDEO: Bachar Houli press conference ...

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/468316/Bachar%20Houli%20press%20conference/

ps. Anyone else having trouble with the link?