Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 337361 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #1005 on: July 06, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »
Bachar is out !! late change for dea. Whats wrong with him?

On 3AW they said he was "a bit sore" so he was being "rested"

Huge mistake if he could have played

Missed his run and carry from half back

Agree 100%

We missed it but it wasn't the difference.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1006 on: July 08, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
Houli eyes return for Multicultural Round

By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
4:25pm AEST Monday, July 8, 2013

RICHMOND defender Bachar Houli is hopeful he will be cleared to return from a hamstring injury for Saturday night's clash against Gold Coast as the Tigers look to end a horror run in Cairns.

The Suns have beaten Richmond in each game of the past two years at Cazalys Stadium, with this week's clash the club's last 'home' game in northern Queensland under the deal.

Houli, who was a late withdrawal against North Melbourne last Saturday, was on hand to launch Multicultural Round on Monday and said he hoped to be part of the celebrations on field.

"I pulled out late last week so hopefully I'll be back, it's a massive round for myself," Houli said. "I'm looking forward to getting back in."

Richmond received a wake-up call against the Kangaroos in round 15, losing by 62 points and suffering a setback in its quest to lock in a finals berth for the first time since 2001.

Houli said it was a good time for a reality check, with the Tigers facing premiership contenders Fremantle, the Sydney Swans and Hawthorn in the next month.

"We had times where we probably should have gone in a bit harder at the contest … there was a lack of intensity at times," he said.

"We've got a massive challenge against Gold Coast, who we haven't had a good run against.

"At the end of the day if you don't bring your attitude and intensity you're not going to get the job done, so that's our biggest focus this week."

Houli has recently been recognised for his work with multicultural communities through the Bachar Houli Islamic Program, which has been shortlisted for an International Beyond Sport Award, in the category 'sport for social inclusion'.

The 25-year-old said the AFL industry had come a long way in cultural inclusion and he hoped to provide opportunities for young Muslim footballers to progress to the highest level.

As the AFL plans a series of events and promotions for this week's Multicultural Round, Houli will begin fasting for the holy month of Ramadan, going without food during daylight hours. 

"Nobody really likes to go without food or drink for the most part of the day, but for me I really look forward to this month," he said. 

"It's a month where I can sit down, reflect, think, learn a little bit more about religion, and most importantly repent.

"It's a month of worship where we have the chance to go back to God, ask for forgiveness from God and to come out of this month as a better person.

"We all get caught up in our day-to-day jobs and work, which is so important, but it's a good time to sit down and reflect on where we're at as individuals."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-08/houli-eyes-return-for-multicultural-round

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1007 on: July 08, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
soccer was first played in Italy well a form of it where they played with a criminals decapitated head and the first team to kick the ball out  of the village boundaries won.. but it's nothing like what soccer is today that the poms think they invented

aztex had very similar stuff

england during the middle ages had games of soccer over two villiages with thousands of people
called mob football or something wasnt it?

The chinese were playing a form of football well before (23 hundred years at least) JC played for Jerusalem.

One of the emperors would have exhibition games where the losers were executed and the winners were celebrated with a lavish feast.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1008 on: July 08, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »
soccer was first played in Italy well a form of it where they played with a criminals decapitated head and the first team to kick the ball out  of the village boundaries won.. but it's nothing like what soccer is today that the poms think they invented

england during the middle ages had games of soccer over two villiages with thousands of people

The chinese were playing a form of football well before (23 hundred years at least) JC played for Jerusalem.

One of the emperors would have exhibition games where the losers were executed and the winners were celebrated with a lavish feast.
...consisting of the losers
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1009 on: July 08, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »

Probably just the sort of training method the RFC should look at.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1010 on: July 08, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
Houli eyes return for Multicultural Round

By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
4:25pm AEST Monday, July 8, 2013

"It's a month where I can sit down, reflect, think, learn a little bit more about religion, and most importantly repent.

"It's a month of worship where we have the chance to go back to God, ask for forgiveness from God and to come out of this month as a better person.

"We all get caught up in our day-to-day jobs and work, which is so important, but it's a good time to sit down and reflect on where we're at as individuals."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-08/houli-eyes-return-for-multicultural-round

Sounds like something some of our posters could benefit from.

:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1011 on: July 10, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
On Wednesday morning Richmond defender Bachar Houli took over the @AFL Twitter account.

The talented Tiger delivered generous responses to eager AFL fans, covering all sorts of topics including diet restrictions due to his religious beliefs, what he does with his leisure time and plenty more.

Here's some of what Bachar had to say:

@Kensingtonpizza - "Are you back this week?"

Houli - "still have to wait and see how i get through tomorrows session"

Read more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-10/houli-twitter-chat

Gigantor

« Reply #1012 on: July 10, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
That's the bit I was interested in one eyed..ta

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1013 on: July 10, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
.... and it's Ramadan for the next month ....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1014 on: August 11, 2013, 04:24:36 AM »
Bachar Houli has also had his critics, but they were quiet when he had 11 clinical disposals in that decisive second quarter, including seven handball receives and three inside 50s.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Rampstar

« Reply #1015 on: August 11, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
excellent yesterday

tony_montana

« Reply #1016 on: August 11, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »
should be in AA extended squad at years end. One of the best line breakers going around

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1017 on: August 11, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
Bachar Muhammad  :bow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1018 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:36 AM »
Houli declared himself a certain starter for a match-up against the Blues' fleet-footed attack of Chris Yarran, Jeff Garlett and Eddie Betts.

The 25-year-old had scans on Sunday for an ongoing adductor injury.

"I’m all good, it’s just a general check-up to see where things are at," he said.

"All year my adductors have been loaded, I just wanted to see where they’re at, just to clarify a few things.

"I didn’t do too much today (at training) but I’ll be looking to have a big session on Thursday."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-03/tigers-to-tackle-tackling

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1019 on: September 13, 2013, 02:35:31 AM »
VIDEO: Bachar interviewed on Ch 10 news ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-09-12/bachar-houli-cup

* Midfield was unable to get its hands on the ball in the second half. We have taken things out of the game to learn from which will last till next year.

* Blown away by the Tiger Army and their passion when they ran out and turned to teammates and just said "wow!". Wants to experience that again and disappointed we are out.

* Going to go out on Port Phillip Bay during the break and release some anger (from the loss).