Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465222 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2910 on: April 01, 2016, 11:04:53 PM »
Jack good in last quarter but too quiet earlier in the game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2911 on: April 27, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
Jack on AFL 360:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-04-27/riewoldt-ankle-update

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riewoldt’s resolute race against time

richmondfc.com.au
27 April 2016

Star Richmond key forward Jack Riewoldt is determined to take his place in the Tigers’ line-up for Saturday night’s big clash with Port Adelaide at the MCG.

Riewoldt, who badly rolled his ankle in a marking contest during the final quarter of Richmond’s loss to Melbourne last Sunday night, is working around the clock to ensure he’s right to go against the Power.

“At the moment, it’s still a little bit swollen . . . I want to play.  I’ll give myself every chance to get up and play on the weekend . . . I really feel like I’m giving myself every chance to play,” Riewoldt said on Fox Footy’s ‘AFL 360’ program.

Riewoldt described the regime he’s undertaken in a bid to prove his fitness for Saturday night’s match.

“Every two hours just get up and try and get some ice on it . . . You want to get some movement back in it and, most importantly, you want to get the swelling out of it,” he said.

“You want to get some range back in your ankle because, obviously, if it’s swollen you lose a lot of your range and your calf starts to get affected from that as well.

“So, it’s a lot of physio, a lot of walking in deep water, for the compression, more than the actual coldness of the water . . .”     

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-04-27/riewoldts-resolute-race-against-time

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2912 on: April 28, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »
His ankle looked ridiculously F'd in the rooms after the game. Apparently he's going to be right to go though...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2913 on: April 28, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
His ankle looked ridiculously F'd in the rooms after the game. Apparently he's going to be right to go though...

Seeing Astbury come back a week after that roll last week makes me think anyone could be alright after rolling their ankle. Obviously that's not the case but FMD Astbury's looked awful

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2914 on: April 28, 2016, 04:23:29 PM »
Shouldn't play IMESHO.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2915 on: April 28, 2016, 04:27:52 PM »
Definitely shouldn't play. But the imbeciles will probably risk it to once again in a desperate attempt to appear relevant.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2916 on: April 28, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »
RICHMOND will name Jack Riewoldt for Saturday night's crunch game against Port Adelaide, with coach Damien Hardwick confident the star forward will be will be cleared of an ankle injury.

Riewoldt suffered an ankle sprain late in last Sunday night's loss to Melbourne and has been racing the clock to face the Power.   

The 27-year-old took part in Thursday's light training session and completed goal kicking work, but a decision will likely be made later in the week.   

"Jack's very diligent in his recovery and he's been at the club up and down icing and all those things that are required from a professional athlete," Hardwick said.

"Jack's given himself every chance to play. We do a limited amount today.

"I'm very confident he'll play."

The Tigers will regain vice-captain Brett Deledio for his first game this season having overcome a quad injury after the club declared he was available earlier this week.

Tall forward Ben Griffiths could return, with Hardwick looking for a "taller, athletic key position player" to come in after All Australian defender Alex Rance was suspended for two matches.   

Defender Nick Vlastuin is not available because of a knee injury and ran laps at Thursday's session along with tall forward Liam McBean, whose right calf was heavily strapped.

Third-year prospect Ben Lennon, who has been in and out of the team this season, trained with the forwards and did not appear troubled by a head knock he suffered in the VFL at the weekend.

Hardwick praised Rance for the way he handled his suspension for striking Jack Watts but said the team had to move on quickly.

With Port Adelaide positioned at 2-3, the coach expected a desperate contest at the MCG.

"I'd be disappointed – and Ken (Hinkley) would be the same – if we didn't get that," Hardwick said.

"It is a very important game this week, make no doubt about that, and Port Adelaide would be saying the same thing.

"You can't keep giving sides a three or four-game head start and expecting to reel them back in towards the end."

Hardwick also dismissed criticism of the club's list management strategy.

"It does get questioned this time of year when you're not performing well," he said. 

"As I said earlier this year, I think our squad is in a good place … we'll get some players back over the next two to three weeks and we'll start to see some better football.

"But I've got a group of 22 players who are going to represent our club this week who I expect a high level of performance from."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-28/hardwick-confident-jack-riewoldt-will-be-fit-for-crunch-game
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:33:57 PM by one-eyed »

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2917 on: April 28, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »

"It does get questioned this time of year when you're not performing well," he said. 

"As I said earlier this year, I think our squad is in a good place … we'll get some players back over the next two to three weeks and we'll start to see some better football.

"But I've got a group of 22 players who are going to represent our club this week who I expect a high level of performance from."
Just a bald-faced liar now. This crap is beyond a joke and if the administration continues to peddle out this trash the club can be damned afaic. Ross lyon isn't going down this path. He admits there are deficiencies in his team.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2918 on: April 28, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »

Just a bald-faced liar now. This crap is beyond a joke and if the administration continues to peddle out this trash the club can be damned afaic. Ross lyon isn't going down this path he admits there are deficiences in his team.
I actually think he really thinks we're in a good place. Is being deluded better than being a liar? Line ball decision there.

I secretly wish he proves us all wrong but I just can't see it happening. I'm more likely to win tattslotto than being proved wrong IMHO.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2919 on: April 28, 2016, 05:34:46 PM »

Just a bald-faced liar now. This crap is beyond a joke and if the administration continues to peddle out this trash the club can be damned afaic. Ross lyon isn't going down this path he admits there are deficiences in his team.
I actually think he really thinks we're in a good place. Is being deluded better than being a liar? Line ball decision there.

I secretly wish he proves us all wrong but I just can't see it happening. I'm more likely to win tattslotto than being proved wrong IMHO.
It is a strong term, but I use it advisedly. A growing group of AFL insiders, ex- footballers and expert commentators agree, our list is fragile and lacks class/depth/direction.... yet he spouts this rubbish.  No,...he is looking to string this dance of death out as long as he can and so is the rest of the clique. Idgaf about these people but I have a nephew (30ish) with Asperger Syndrome who believes everything that comes out of the club and catches a train (by himself) every week to watch this fraud. All of his life he has been disappointed. This is why I am so angry at what has been going on down there.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2920 on: April 28, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »

RICHMOND will name Jack Riewoldt for Saturday night's crunch game against Port Adelaide, with coach Damien Hardwick confident the star forward will be will be cleared of an ankle injury.

Riewoldt suffered an ankle sprain late in last Sunday night's loss to Melbourne and has been racing the clock to face the Power.   

The 27-year-old took part in Thursday's light training session and completed goal kicking work, but a decision will likely be made later in the week.   

"Jack's very diligent in his recovery and he's been at the club up and down icing and all those things that are required from a professional athlete," Hardwick said.

The Tigers will regain vice-captain Brett Deledio for his first game this season having overcome a quad injury after the club declared he was available earlier this week.

Tall forward Ben Griffiths could return, with Hardwick looking for a "taller, athletic key position player" to come in after All Australian defender Alex Rance was suspended for two matches.   

Defender Nick Vlastuin is not available because of a knee injury and ran laps at Thursday's session along with tall forward Liam McBean, whose right calf was heavily strapped.

Third-year prospect Ben Lennon, who has been in and out of the team this season, trained with the forwards and did not appear troubled by a head knock he suffered in the VFL at the weekend.

Hardwick praised Rance for the way he handled his suspension for striking Jack Watts but said the team had to move on quickly.

With Port Adelaide positioned at 2-3, the coach expected a desperate contest at the MCG.

"I'd be disappointed – and Ken (Hinkley) would be the same – if we didn't get that," Hardwick said.

"It is a very important game this week, make no doubt about that, and Port Adelaide would be saying the same thing.

"You can't keep giving sides a three or four-game head start and expecting to reel them back in towards the end."

Ben Lennon in his 3rd year!
He should realiscly have about 30 odd senior games under his belt by now at the very minimum.  And on the verge of really contributing to our team but here we sit hoping the wise old men pick him. He was drafted and his body was AFL ready, so games should have been given to him to try and fast track his development. He wasn't a tall that needed time to develop in the twos or a small just too light for AFL footy.
I'm not saying he is a star, far from it, but he should be further advanced than where he is. They could have played him across the half forward line or in a forward pocket in stead of playing Nathan Gordon, who obviously isn't even on our list anymore. These are the sort of decisions that have hurt our club in the last couple of weeks exposing our lack of depth.
But the bigger mistake even than that was to pick him in front of Cripps on draft day. A 194cm big bodied onballer we desperately need now. Anyway we have all heard it before.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:10:11 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2921 on: April 28, 2016, 05:49:41 PM »
Oh look Ben Lennon still has a few things he needs to work on.....Taylor Hunt plays an important role....Liam just needs to string together some consistent performances, while Troy has that experience and has shown he can adequately fill a role in the forward line when called upon....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2922 on: April 28, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »

Ben Lennon in his 3rd year!
He should realiscly have about 30 odd senior games under his belt by now at the very minimum.  And on the verge of really contributing to our team but here we sit hoping the wise old men pick him. He was drafted and his body was AFL ready, so games should have been given to him to try and fast track his development. He wasn't a tall that needed time to develop in the twos or a small just too light for AFL footy.
I'm not saying he is a star, far from it, but he should be further advanced than where he is. They could have played him across the half forward line or in a forward pocket in stead of playing Nathan Gordon, who obviously isn't even on our list anymore. These are the sort of decisions that have hurt our club in the last couple of weeks exposing our lack of depth.
But the bigger mistake even than that was to pick him in front of Cripps on draft day. A 194cm big bodied onballer we desperately need now. Anyway we have all heard it before.
Well said bt.
On the Cripps front, most "experts" had Lennon ranked ahead of him. Nobody knew he was gong to grow another 6cm too. If we had Cripps, he also may have been played in the backline and in and out of the team. I also hear that Judd has had a huge influence on him with preparation, something he wouldn't have had at Richmond.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:14:19 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2923 on: April 28, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
Wee needed both types of players - that's why sometimes it's good idea to try and trade for more high picks...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2924 on: April 28, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

Isn't he by saying he thinks we have a good list also putting the onus back on him if we don't perform? Once we get players back i can definitely see we will improve but not to the degree we need to in order to make finals or overcome the poor game style he has implemented. Therefore he cant play the "we need extra personnel" card if he is clearly stating that its not a problem. If we don't get a better performance this week, in other words a win, then Hardwick and co. will have the blow torch further applied from both supporters and the media.