Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465310 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3945 on: May 13, 2023, 04:16:43 PM »
Jumper swap pre-planned, says Jack Riewoldt

Damien Ractliffe
The Age
13 May 2023 2:04pm

Richmond great Jack Riewoldt says his decision to swap jumpers with Geelong’s Tom Hawkins after Friday night’s win was pre-planned, admitting the two goalkicking stars may never play against each other again.

Riewoldt and Hawkins signed their own jumpers before swapping them last night, and Riewoldt said the pair had discussed the swap before recording AFL360 earlier in the week.

Asked whether they chose this game because they may never play against each other again, Riewoldt told 3AW: “That possibly could be the case.”

“Neither of us are spring chickens, both 34, both out of the 2006 draft,” he said.

“I think you just take those moments when they come up. We’ve got a lot of respect for each other, we’ve got a really great friendship. We’ve worked together on TV now as well and developed a really good chemistry there as well.

“We actually talked about it during the week and said, ‘yep, righto, we’ll swap jumpers after the game’.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-of-old-hardwick-thrilled-with-upset-win-despite-recruit-s-injury-20230512-p5d83k.html

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3946 on: May 20, 2023, 10:51:59 PM »
I've changed my mind on Jack.  He's done after 2023

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3947 on: May 20, 2023, 10:54:55 PM »
We are all peeed at Jack for tonight but he plays out the year easily. Lets' not forget his games against Sydney which isn't that long ago. Had a crap night tonight but where Jack is at is the absolute last of our problems.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3948 on: May 21, 2023, 01:41:15 PM »
Hardwick also revealed that veteran forward Jack Riewoldt probably should not be playing, but the long-term injury to Tom Lynch means the Tigers have no choice.

"Jack's battling his backside off ... he probably shouldn't be playing, he's incredibly sore," Hardwick said.

"He's tough. He's putting his hand up to play because I need him.

"But we need more."

Source: AAP.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3949 on: May 21, 2023, 01:51:32 PM »
Just watching the replay there were moments where he looks incredibly sore. So understand the comment

And although his auskicker kick along the ground cost us the game don't think he is the biggest issue we have  forward

He needs support. Was 2 teamed at every contest last night and stupidly our entries went to him I'd say 85% of the time.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3950 on: May 21, 2023, 02:01:04 PM »
Our forward entry is the worst I’ve seen in almost a decade , and just plain dumb to boot.The Dons back men were picking us off at will when we bombed long

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3951 on: May 22, 2023, 05:25:23 PM »
I feel sorry for Jack - this was supposed to be his farewell tour. A year of cameos and getting the 3rd or 4th best defender.

Instead he has to do all the heavy lifting at 34 years of age . He’s so cooked it’s not funny . Unfortunately there’s no one else .
Unleash the tornado

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3952 on: May 22, 2023, 05:37:26 PM »
That’s all well and good but why did a super experienced player such as himself think it was a good idea to softly kick the ball 5m on the ground straight to an Essendon players arms when he knew he was the deepest forward all night. Not the only blunder that led to the goal, but that gave them the initial possession which they slingshotted from into their fwd50.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3953 on: May 22, 2023, 06:35:59 PM »
I remember the plan that worked against west coast kick it high and long eve big boys dream, short, low chaos entries work way better, why kick it high and long to Jack, he is triples teamed and shorter than the defenders, dumb, dumb dumb tactics

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3954 on: May 22, 2023, 08:17:43 PM »
Jack on AFL360 tomorrow night. Will be all about his reaction to Dimma quitting.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3955 on: May 22, 2023, 08:34:05 PM »
I feel sorry for Jack - this was supposed to be his farewell tour. A year of cameos and getting the 3rd or 4th best defender.

Instead he has to do all the heavy lifting at 34 years of age . He’s so cooked it’s not funny . Unfortunately there’s no one else .

My thoughts exactly.

Shame Lynch went down but the fact we have nobody else to back him up speaks volumes of the club's poor list management.

Lynch pretty much never plays a full year so it was to be expected that this would happen to Jack eventually.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3956 on: May 22, 2023, 08:54:44 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

Shame Lynch went down but the fact we have nobody else to back him up speaks volumes of the club's poor list management.

Lynch pretty much never plays a full year so it was to be expected that this would happen to Jack eventually.

Still doesn't excuse his Auskicker moment with a minute to go that ultimately lead to us losing the game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FooffooValve

« Reply #3957 on: May 22, 2023, 09:24:00 PM »
Still doesn't excuse his Auskicker moment with a minute to go that ultimately lead to us losing the game

And Dimma quitting arguably....

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3958 on: May 22, 2023, 11:45:06 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

This :thumbsup

i think if you go back and read comments, probably by Claw and many others, this was a glaring issue we said may happen...and it has.

I hope there is some accountability here.

I dont blame Jack at all for any of the forward issues, not even in the slightest
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3959 on: May 22, 2023, 11:54:59 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

This :thumbsup

i think if you go back and read comments, probably by Claw and many others, this was a glaring issue we said may happen...and it has.

I hope there is some accountability here.

I dont blame Jack at all for any of the forward issues, not even in the slightest
I don’t recall anyone on here mentioning that we need more forwards  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.