Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 178364 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #900 on: April 03, 2024, 09:09:19 PM »
If Yze is fair dinkum , he must drop short this week, who cares that we have many players out injured and one suspended.. it's about giving the kids a run and setting standards ..

He won't be dropped. Not with our forced changes.

He'll come good eventually.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #901 on: April 03, 2024, 10:27:02 PM »
A lot more time being put into him by opposition coaches. I wonder why?  :shh

lmao - yeah that's what it is..... :propeller
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

FooffooValve

« Reply #902 on: April 03, 2024, 10:45:08 PM »
Do you go to games?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #903 on: April 03, 2024, 10:48:11 PM »
Yes and unlike most Short apologists, I actually watch them too..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #904 on: April 04, 2024, 04:15:30 PM »
If Yze is fair dinkum , he must drop short this week, who cares that we have many players out injured and one suspended.. it's about giving the kids a run and setting standards ..

Sorry to bear the bad news Andy but what he is dishing up now is close to what he has always dished up.
I suppose a few extra possesions and a few more long bombs down the line to a contest will have everyone singing his praises again.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #905 on: April 04, 2024, 05:49:07 PM »

Sorry to bear the bad news Andy but what he is dishing up now is close to what he has always dished up.
I suppose a few extra possesions and a few more long bombs down the line to a contest will have everyone singing his praises again.

That's his role dude.

Moving the ball, meterage. It's a game of territory.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #906 on: April 04, 2024, 11:29:20 PM »
Just remove him from the leadership group. He’s been worse than Grimes so far.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger2022

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #907 on: April 08, 2024, 01:43:18 PM »
Can someone please tell Short to stop using his left foot because when he does he turns it over

Tradeable

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #908 on: April 08, 2024, 05:22:06 PM »

That's his role dude.

Moving the ball, meterage. It's a game of territory.

Cmon mate you don't really believe that do ya. He is supposed to be a great ball user but he is bloody ordinary.
 He is supposed to make good decisions and hit up targets instead we get panic attack after panic attack.

His horrible shortsteps and panic rushed kicks are just horrible to watch. They have always been there.Get away with it in successful sides complete liability in struggling ones.

If all he has to do is bomb it down the line then give the job at the very least to someone who will accept body contact and can actually defend. They too can bomb it to a contest and just as easily watch it come back over their heads.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #909 on: April 08, 2024, 06:59:24 PM »
He's been crap all year as I said earlier.

Am open to trading him.

I don't think he's a bad player or even one of our biggest ten problems.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #910 on: April 08, 2024, 07:17:09 PM »
Trade or delist.. who cares. He really gives us not much at all.. classic down hill skier scared of his own shadow

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #911 on: April 08, 2024, 07:42:55 PM »
Play him forward .
Unleash the tornado

FooffooValve

« Reply #912 on: April 08, 2024, 08:27:38 PM »
Out of form and had a shocker by foot but at least he was getting the footy this week. In his defence, he wasn't the only one (from both sides) that sack kicked it yesterday, and usually when he kicks long to a contest, there is Lynch or Balta on the end of it to at least halve the contest. I'd stick with him, when in form he is well worth his place in the side.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #913 on: April 08, 2024, 08:38:17 PM »
Out of form and had a shocker by foot but at least he was getting the footy this week. In his defence, he wasn't the only one (from both sides) that sack kicked it yesterday, and usually when he kicks long to a contest, there is Lynch or Balta on the end of it to at least halve the contest. I'd stick with him, when in form he is well worth his place in the side.
No point in getting the footy just to gift wrap it and hand it straight back to the opposition!!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #914 on: April 08, 2024, 08:38:30 PM »
Also at least with short, we know he can play consistent good footy. Maybe not the type of footy everyone wants to see. he isn’t going to crash packs and get the tough contested footy, but that isn’t his role, it never has been his role, and it isn’t the role that any half back flankers play.

There are a few others in the side that are in similar or worse form where we know that is pretty much the level that they play to. They should be phased out well before short, who is still in his prime, contracted long term and has trade value should the club/player wanna go down that path.