Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 178361 times)

FooffooValve

Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #915 on: April 08, 2024, 08:44:35 PM »
Also at least with short, we know he can play consistent good footy. Maybe not the type of footy everyone wants to see. he isn’t going to crash packs and get the tough contested footy, but that isn’t his role, it never has been his role, and it isn’t the role that any half back flankers play.

There are a few others in the side that are in similar or worse form where we know that is pretty much the level that they play to. They should be phased out well before short, who is still in his prime, contracted long term and has trade value should the club/player wanna go down that path.

Agree, criticising outside players for not being Mark Ricciuto is just stoopid IMO. He was fairly criticised yesterday for not hitting targets, that's all good, was a poor performance. Calling for him to be dropped is counterproductive - especially when trade time comes around, the same people will ask for a first rounder. As a Jack Dyer medallist he's earned the right to find form in the 1s I reckon.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #916 on: April 08, 2024, 08:49:25 PM »
JD medal lost all credibility after Hackson won it.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #917 on: April 08, 2024, 08:54:43 PM »
Also at least with short, we know he can play consistent good footy. Maybe not the type of footy everyone wants to see. he isn’t going to crash packs and get the tough contested footy, but that isn’t his role, it never has been his role, and it isn’t the role that any half back flankers play.

There are a few others in the side that are in similar or worse form where we know that is pretty much the level that they play to. They should be phased out well before short, who is still in his prime, contracted long term and has trade value should the club/player wanna go down that path.

Agree, criticising outside players for not being Mark Ricciuto is just stoopid IMO. He was fairly criticised yesterday for not hitting targets, that's all good, was a poor performance. Calling for him to be dropped is counterproductive - especially when trade time comes around, the same people will ask for a first rounder. As a Jack Dyer medallist he's earned the right to find form in the 1s I reckon.

I don’t know about earned the right, however there a few that should be on the chopping block before him imo. Those that are in worse/similar form, aged 30+ and with little to no trade value.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #918 on: April 09, 2024, 06:45:37 PM »
He's been crap all year as I said earlier.

Am open to trading him.

I don't think he's a bad player or even one of our biggest ten problems.

To who and for what?

He is a big problem for one he is keeping kids out of the team for no good reason. Our lack of experience into players has happened because we just refuse to punish poor games by the likes of Short.

Is he a forward? is he better than small fwd options we have ? I don't think so.

Is he a mid ? has shown sweet stuff all as a mid.

Is he a defender? Maybe a claytons defender the defender you have who doesn't know how to defend.

Is he an outside sheepdog. Yes thats it sheep dog !!!!! . Always on the outside expecting it to be gift wrapped to him and the expectation is he will use it real well and do the one job thats asked of him. Does it happen you guessed it nope. OH apolgies to the sheep dogs out there hard working in and at it and do their jobs well unlike old shortsteps.

People saw Smiths game the other week why would we not be looking to give him a few games and see what he can offer at the level.
This is what happens when you keep picking blokes who are favorites even when stinking it up.  deserving younger players who deserve a go just keep on getting over looked. How familiar does that sound but its not a problem.

We have seen Trezise and Brown we have Rioli do we want to have another look at Ralphsmith before we delist him.why the hell are we playing such a poor performer who quite frankly is an embarrasmentto the club and supporters. Others  id like to see play hb is Pickett and id like em to have a look at Coulthard there at some stage. What is there to lose are we that deluded that we think we are winning something this year.

How the hell people can defend this bloke who so clearly plays scared every week well its time to wake up.

I still laugh at his metres gained stats. Yep when your given the ball on a platter with no one around you should be able to use the ball well. But old shorty always hears footsteps and far too often its throw it on the boot in panic mode kick it 5o metres straight to a contest when you have open players only to see it come straight back.

This has happened his whole career. FMD Give me Brandon Bloody Ellis any day. ::)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #919 on: April 09, 2024, 08:15:02 PM »
im with andy on this one.

I do give him some leeway with his 2020 season though. A long time ago, but i dont think he has been all that bad. I thought if he didnt turn it over sunday then it wasnt not a bad game from him.

give me short over dow, pickett, mcintosh, graham combined.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: April 09, 2024, 09:06:56 PM »
I'd be wanting a late first or early second at least for him.

As for his best position, well I wouldn't mind trying him HFF. His kicking for goal is excellent and we are lacking up forward.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #921 on: April 09, 2024, 09:16:33 PM »
why wouldnt we try that. TBH if anyone saw kosi and pickett run around the other day it was embarrassing. Pickett was strolling past blokes. He doesnt gaf about the jumper anymore.

Try shorty in a pocket.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #922 on: April 09, 2024, 09:40:01 PM »
Always said he's a way better player forward of the ball....still hope we do the smart thing and trade the stat padding soft c*ck though... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #923 on: April 09, 2024, 10:21:18 PM »
I'd be wanting a late first or early second at least for him.

As for his best position, well I wouldn't mind trying him HFF. His kicking for goal is excellent and we are lacking up forward.

first or FO.

def would get us a first IMO. Look at hopper.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #924 on: April 09, 2024, 10:35:38 PM »
There is no chance of that for Short, so you can want all you like.

As the great man Joey Knish once said

“And I need a bl0wjob from Christy Turlington”

Majority of posters here keep saying how useless he is, and then want a first or early second or FO

Makes no sense
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:04:59 PM by Damo »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #925 on: April 09, 2024, 10:52:42 PM »
2nd rounder would be it for him. Last 1st at absolute best.

I think he's worth something to somebody out there as he does have some good attributes but yeah, we can't be bagging the pee out of him then demanding a 1st rounder
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2024, 11:25:04 PM »
There is no chance of that for Short, so you can want all you like.

As the great man Joey Knish once said

“And I need a bl0wjob from Christy Turlington”

Majority of posters here keep saying how useless he is, and then want a first or early second or FO

Makes no sense

Because he's  a front runner....he'll be of more value to a contender that's dominating where everyone else is doing the hard work and winning their positions.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #927 on: April 14, 2024, 05:31:45 PM »
Short with a calf injury according to Jon Ralph.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #928 on: April 14, 2024, 05:48:49 PM »
Meh, who cares. He’s had a bad year, add him to the list

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #929 on: April 14, 2024, 08:33:59 PM »
Great news seeming Yze never had the the balls to drop him