Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 53018 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #270 on: April 14, 2023, 11:14:22 PM »
Was very good. One of those that plays better in the AFL than VFL.

Certainly is
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »
“I thought Noah Cumberland could not have tried harder defensively. He is really working on it,” Matthew Richardson said.

“He’d been asked to do that at VFL level, and it really stood out.

“That shows me there’s a young player that is listening and wants to learn and wants to get better.

“And he’s averaging two goals a game over his first dozen games of AFL footy.”

Cumberland currently is ranked equal seventh in the competition for tackles inside 50 per game.

Full article: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1311721/richo-commends-cumberland

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2023, 05:01:30 PM »
Thanks for saying it Richo. I saw it too.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »
A bloody good story this as he was lacking defensively, however a hard worker will always succeed - well done to the lad!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2023, 05:16:34 PM »
Still dont think he is playing all that different to his first 9 games. There was nothing wrong with his defensive efforts in the main to begin with not at Afl level anyway..

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2023, 05:19:02 PM »
Still dont think he is playing all that different to his first 9 games. There was nothing wrong with his defensive efforts in the main to begin with not at Afl level anyway..

Agree

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2023, 05:27:39 PM »
Agree 100% claw. I thought it was an very odd thing for Dimma / Club to say but accepted it as they'd know better.

Then even his return the efforts have been as good as any and I thought this doesn't look any different to what I remember him last year. Odd.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2023, 07:06:36 PM »
I reckon he must have screwed the wife of every coach and member of the leadership group over summer.

Nothing else really makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2023, 09:53:03 AM »
Spot on claw.

Those who initially came up with all these pathetic excuses to not play him, are looking foolish right now and tbh from day one. Our forward line is a mess, but he isn’t the issue.

Rapt for the kid.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

FooffooValve

« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2023, 04:21:01 PM »
I'm glad he was made to earn his spot again. You could argue that his goodish form is because of the tough love he was shown at the start of the year. That's exactly how young players (who might get ahead of themselves) should be handled.

The next step for him is to become part of a forward line that functions - one that shares the ball around and honours the work of others around him. That's what stood out about our premiership forward lines and it is missing at the moment, and that's on all the players who get picked in there.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2023, 07:49:10 PM »
Every goal this guy kicks is a middle finger up the you know what of the morons that didn't think he was doing XYZ enough to play AFL level.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2023, 08:02:54 PM »
Every goal this guy kicks is a middle finger up the you know what of the morons that didn't think he was doing XYZ enough to play AFL level.

I’ll take the criticisms for that too.
I wasn’t sure it was setting a great example if he wasn’t performing in the VFL. But I was clearly wrong.

But he is clearly one of the very few players that are just way way better in the AFL than VFL.   :clapping:clapping

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: April 24, 2023, 08:09:02 PM »

I wasn’t sure it was setting a great example if he wasn’t performing in the VFL. But I was clearly wrong.

But he is clearly one of the very few players that are just way way better in the AFL than VFL.   :clapping:clapping

I thought he was going to be delisted last year before he got some games and lit the place up.

It's only his lack of games early this year that's so deplorable.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: April 24, 2023, 08:43:45 PM »

Oh and btw I'm mostly talking about Hardwick and the coaching panel, didn't mean that about anyone here.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2023, 08:45:11 PM »
I think his omission at the start of the season will be the most mysterious thing I'll ever witness. He's our 2nd best forward.
Go Tigers!