Author Topic: Matthew Parker to leave Richmond & return to WA for family reasons [merged]  (Read 34512 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Matthew Parker [merged]
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2022, 01:12:10 AM »
Playing in 3 premierships vs being recruited as a mature aged recruit from the WAFL tends to give you some leeway…..

Online Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2022, 10:15:43 AM »
Parker out Martin in

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2022, 09:02:41 PM »
I’m not a huge advocate for Georgie but to compare his output to Parker over their careers is laughable

Really lets say the timing of when they coame to the club was reversed.

Bottom line Castagna survived because he could bring one needed requirement to a team structure. At no other club with out that structure at any time was such an unskilled player going to get the free ride he has got at Richmond.

Suddenly that structure no longer works. and because george was in the right place at the right time and became one of the worst premiership players of all time because that structure no longer works his short comings are amplified.

Look i love our premiership players but fmd we did have a few bloody ordinary ones win medals.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2022, 07:42:04 PM »
I’m not a huge advocate for Georgie but to compare his output to Parker over their careers is laughable

Bottom line Castagna survived because he could bring one needed requirement to a team structure. At no other club with out that structure at any time was such an unskilled player going to get the free ride he has got at Richmond.

Suddenly that structure no longer works. and because george was in the right place at the right time and became one of the worst premiership players of all time because that structure no longer works his short comings are amplified.

Look i love our premiership players but fmd we did have a few bloody ordinary ones win medals.

Claw you are bang on the money here

George will be forever a legend of our club, you can't not be with 3 flags. But he was a successful role player in a specific system that is no longer effective. The system has evolved and we find him playing as a midfield, of which he is not one. Play a kid or trade for a player that can fill our needs.
Go Tigers!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2022, 08:13:19 AM »
So what role would Parker have played in the 2017-2020 era? None. His role is now as it would’ve been back then. As a top up player while we had injuries.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2022, 09:32:29 AM »
Say it again if Parker is getting games along with Aarts it isn't a great sign both limited footballers taking spots from kids.

Online Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2022, 11:38:08 AM »
Say it again if Parker is getting games along with Aarts it isn't a great sign both limited footballers taking spots from kids.

Correct

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2022, 03:14:58 PM »

Claw you are bang on the money here

George will be forever a legend of our club, you can't not be with 3 flags. But he was a successful role player in a specific system that is no longer effective. The system has evolved and we find him playing as a midfield, of which he is not one. Play a kid or trade for a player that can fill our needs.

Claw 100% spot on here

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2022, 03:19:11 PM »
We have too many battlers Castagna Aarts Ross Parker Graham etc. We are going nowhere with this number of ordinary players. Graham is just passable the rest dont know what to ssy ... how theyre getting AFL games amazes me.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2022, 03:55:27 PM »
We have too many battlers Castagna Aarts Ross Parker Graham etc. We are going nowhere with this number of ordinary players. Graham is just passable the rest dont know what to ssy ... how theyre getting AFL games amazes me.

Agree - I think Castagna has proved a useful defensive forward so he is a pass for me. 

The rest being Aarts, Ross, Parker, Graham and I would add McIntosh and Miller to that list also are not AFL standard footballers.  We are an ordinary team now because our bottom 5 aren't up to it.

Add in Riewoldt and Edwards who look like they should have retired at the end of last year and that's 8 players who are not performing.  We are a bottom 6 team for a reason

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2022, 07:30:25 PM »

Agree - I think Castagna has proved a useful defensive forward so he is a pass for me. 

The rest being Aarts, Ross, Parker, Graham and I would add McIntosh and Miller to that list also are not AFL standard footballers.  We are an ordinary team now because our bottom 5 aren't up to it.

Add in Riewoldt and Edwards who look like they should have retired at the end of last year and that's 8 players who are not performing.  We are a bottom 6 team for a reason

I don’t understand your hatred of Miller. He’s a KPD with a total of 4 games under his belt. You may end up being right but it’s far too early to make that call - I wonder what you thought of rance 4 games in?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2022, 10:16:50 AM »
Saying Mcintosh isn't AFL is kinda ridiculous. 2 flags and over 100 games. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those dribblers who yap on about how he's just this wonderful player that the coach couldn't cope without, but he's not that bad. I'd like to upgrade on him but yeah, let's at least keep the criticism in the real world
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2022, 12:28:22 PM »
I’ve been to club functions where the club and players rate him as one of the first picked. They say He is a lock down gut runner who is important for stopping the opposition winger from running rampant . What would they know anyway

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »
I’ve been to club functions where the club and players rate him as one of the first picked. They say He is a lock down gut runner who is important for stopping the opposition winger from running rampant . What would they know anyway

You mean he has a role and plays it exactly the way the coaches want him too?

Well I'm shocked  ;)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2022, 07:56:11 PM »

You mean he has a role and plays it exactly the way the coaches want him too?

Well I'm shocked  ;)
do you reckon it's worth attempting to find someone that can play that role who can also offer something offensively?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"