Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 276822 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: April 10, 2022, 12:07:09 AM »
Just a lazy 30 disposals and 1 goal  :bow

Imagine if he didn’t have to constantly worry about his body letting him down.

Imagine if we had to worry about him handing our arse to us on a platter like he did in 3 GF’s?

:huh
I think what he's saying is Prestia played a big role in 3 flags when it mattered and we are fortunate he was with us and not against us.

If not, stuff knows

That’s what I thought but I don’t get the context as a response to what I said

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1381 on: April 10, 2022, 12:49:21 AM »
AFAIK GC never played him in other positions to "work on weaknesses" or "develop his game" early in his career.....pure inside mids are important to have on your list...take note coaching staff... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1382 on: April 10, 2022, 04:13:22 AM »
Dimma's post-game comments about Prestia:

Dimma: "Hope people realise what a special player he is. Not only to us but to the AFL in general. He's wonderful at what he does. We missed him."

Journo: "Are you doing anything different with Prestia?"

Dimma: "It's a good question but we were pleased with the tough training blocks he had. So while it was an injury to his hamstring it probably was one we felt reasonably comfortable with given the work he's done over the preseason. We've put him under stress to make sure he can withstand the rigours of an AFL season. Push come to shove we could have played him last week but we just wanted to make sure to get him right given how special he is and how important he is to us."

Source: RFC website

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1383 on: April 10, 2022, 08:39:59 PM »
Prestia is as important as any Tiger

Don't let the hamstring setbacks or soft-tissue concerns of recent times cloud your memory - Prestia remains a huge cog in Richmond's hopes this season. The gun midfielder was as good as anyone on the ground in Saturday night's win over the Western Bulldogs, returning from his slight hamstring concern to have 30 disposals and a goal in Richmond's strong win. Prestia could have played in round three but the Tigers took a cautious approach with their star, and his impact upon being back was big. If he can stay fit for the rest of the season the complexion of Richmond's midfield looks very different. – Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/736744/nine-things-we-learned-2022-s-hottest-free-agent-could-be-a-lion

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1384 on: April 11, 2022, 07:37:55 AM »
Dion Prestia might be Richmond’s most important player

Richmond’s midfield looked at sea against Carlton and St Kilda in Rounds 1 and 3 and things weren’t shaping up well against a Bulldogs side that on paper runs deeper than any on-ball.

While that was probably the area most felt the game would be won or lost, many also forgot what the returning Dion Prestia offers the Tigers’ contested unit.

The 29-year-old picked 30 quality disposals, kicked a goal, and had a massive seven score involvements in his first game back from a hamstring injury - almost certainly attracting Brownlow votes for his performance.

Prestia gives the Tigers much-needed grunt at the stoppage and he may be the missing link between their best and worst footy – which we’ve seen close to both of this year.

If the inside bull stays fit, expect Richmond to win comfortably more games than they lose – that’s how critical he is to his side’s success.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/04/10/the-six-things-we-learned-from-round-41/

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1385 on: April 11, 2022, 11:57:17 AM »
Bet the umpires give votes to the doggies players with 35+ rather than dion who was better than all.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1386 on: April 13, 2022, 07:00:51 PM »
Premiership Tiger Dion Prestia has revealed how he's overcome his nagging hamstring problems.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1514164710266261504

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: April 13, 2022, 08:16:17 PM »
Let’s all hope this is true but I dunno if I’d be making this claim 1 week after returning from a hamstring injury.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1388 on: April 14, 2022, 06:19:02 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: April 14, 2022, 08:18:59 PM »
Do i have it right hes claiming meditation is the key to stop his body breaking down !!!!!!. History says his body will continue to break down and no amount of wishful thinking will prevent that.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1390 on: April 14, 2022, 10:12:39 PM »
I thought he was taking the pee

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1391 on: April 15, 2022, 10:44:04 AM »
He is just one player but the question really is can we win against in form better sides without him and it seems the answer is no.

The reliability on one player is wrong.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1392 on: April 15, 2022, 05:03:43 PM »
He is just one player but the question really is can we win against in form better sides without him and it seems the answer is no.

The reliability on one player is wrong.

If say the reliance on his has increased without Dusty and Lambert.
Go Tigers!

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1393 on: April 15, 2022, 05:53:50 PM »
Do i have it right hes claiming meditation is the key to stop his body breaking down !!!!!!. History says his body will continue to break down and no amount of wishful thinking will prevent that.

Nope you don't have it right. He said the meditation helped him get though the nerves during the week. And even if he did think it helped then so be it. If it works for him in his mind then it works full stop.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1394 on: April 30, 2022, 06:14:57 AM »
The Tigers did lose injury-prone Dion Prestia to a worrying lower leg issue, subbing him out at three-quarter time, although Hardwick wasn’t clear on the severity.

"Prestia has some Achilles and soleus tightness as well," he said.

"He reported it at half-time. He's so important we nearly subbed him then and there, but he wanted to give it one more go. It was just getting sorer."

Source: AFL website