Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 923964 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1500 on: January 08, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
Is that JON coming near last in the 100m sprint?

I thought he was one of our quickest?!?

Yeah, looks like him but if you look at the first photo he is right up there with Jackson and Deledio so there must be a reason for it.
The starts were pretty arbitary so a one off last place is no big deal. He may have been slow out off the starting line or just behind it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1501 on: January 10, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Halfway back from Holidays to home and thanks to MT yet again I have had my training fix, excellent work again MT. By the way any news on the Cotch, I mean has he wasted that early training form from this achilies injury or what??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1502 on: January 10, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
Halfway back from Holidays to home and thanks to MT yet again I have had my training fix, excellent work again MT. By the way any news on the Cotch, I mean has he wasted that early training form from this achilies injury or what??
I guess it depends on when Cotch eventually gets back into training  :-\. He was still good enough to play without a preseason last year but he couldn't last a full game. In hindsight Cotch lead the other young guns like Connors in a hard preseason to start with and now both are out injured  :P.

Offline GOOHUC

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1503 on: January 11, 2009, 12:46:18 PM »
Thanks for the report MT.

I do know that Cotch is really struggling at the moment and will (most likely) not participate in the NAB cup...he 'should' be ok for round 1 but it's a shame he once again misses a big chunk of the pre season... >:(

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1504 on: January 11, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
I do know that Cotch is really struggling at the moment and will (most likely) not participate in the NAB cup...he 'should' be ok for round 1 but it's a shame he once again misses a big chunk of the pre season... >:(

Great. :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1505 on: January 12, 2009, 03:20:20 AM »
Thanks for the report MT.

:-\

Ta for that Goohuc. Cotch has learnt a lesson about levels of training the hard way  :-\. I know he is a freak but you'd still think he'll need to be back on the training track and playing the last few practice matches to be right for round 1. Geez I hope he is right by March if he is really struggling at the moment  :(.

Ramps

« Reply #1506 on: January 12, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
Cotchin needs to be better handled, everyone has to understand he is a 12 to 15 year player ... he shouldnt be overworked in preseason to the point where he is suffering injuries.

Ox

« Reply #1507 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
Cotchin needs to be better handled, everyone has to understand he is a 12 to 15 year player ... he shouldnt be overworked in preseason to the point where he is suffering injuries.

It can be argued that it is what they're doing.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1508 on: January 12, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »

i dont think anyone at the club has overworked him Ramps.....

DOn't forget that he and a couple of others trained on their own during their break (I am sure I read Cotch and Jack trained together) so perhaps that had something to do with it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1509 on: January 13, 2009, 12:41:43 AM »
DOn't forget that he and a couple of others trained on their own during their break (I am sure I read Cotch and Jack trained together) so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Certainly appears from the outside that training over enthusiastically has cost him.
Obviously trying too hard to improve given he missed such a slab of the previous pre season.

He'll learn from it.

Just do whatever it takes to get him right now..

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1510 on: January 13, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1511 on: January 13, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »
Cheers wayne for the link  :).

Here's another training report from BF:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13443848&postcount=21

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1512 on: January 13, 2009, 08:26:11 PM »
We also had a couple of AIS boys at training. One of them wore #13 - Rhys Mott from Ulverstone, Tasmania. A small midfielder.
Rhys Mott is the kid wearing #1 in the latest AIS photos

http://www.gspimages.com.au/photography/results/?q=collection:AFL%202009%20Media%20-%20AIS%20AFL%20Academy%20Training%20130109&sub_code=all

I believe the other AIS youngster who trained with us was Maverick Weller who is also from Tassie (Burnie Dockers).

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1513 on: January 13, 2009, 09:50:47 PM »

...... Maverick Weller .....

You would shoot your parents wouldn't you!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1514 on: January 13, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
Smokey, is that because he shares the same surname as a former Richmond dud lol. His parents must be big fans of Dallas  ???.

Y&B report by TigerAdam.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=218002&postcount=232
Sensible not to do too much when it's 38 degrees  :P. LOL at the Carlton spies turning up for nothing :lol. Hopefully Gourdis is okay. Still no sign of Cotch  :-\.