Author Topic: Interstate Games  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Interstate Games
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 03:03:20 PM »
Flights booked, hotel booked, game tickets in hand.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 04:36:32 PM »
Great stuff will have to just watch on tele I didn't expect it to be affordable but was hoping maybe by chance it was lol.

Cheers for this.
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »
There's cheap flights at the moment to Perth around the time of our game vs the Cokers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
Marrara Stadium (TIO) is almost literally on the corner of the main road entrance to the airport.  As Al said, about 10 mins drive from the City Centre but too far to walk.  Cab fare would be about $20 from the City to the ground.  Anyone interested in a pre-game catch up over an ale?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
Marrara Stadium (TIO) is almost literally on the corner of the main road entrance to the airport.  As Al said, about 10 mins drive from the City Centre but too far to walk.  Cab fare would be about $20 from the City to the ground.  Anyone interested in a pre-game catch up over an ale?

Where?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
Big Davey could be heading up to this bad boy  :cheers I'll wear my thongs, footy shorts and my Daniel Jackson mask.

Might see yous there  :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »

Where?

Airport Hotel, on MacMillans Rd which is the main road past the airport and the stadium (pub is just down the road from the ground, a short walk).  Good meals and nice pub.  Will be there pre-game - probably from about 4.30-5.00 onwards, depending on Al's movements.  Would be good to put a face to a couple of the names!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
Airport Hotel, on MacMillans Rd which is the main road past the airport and the stadium (pub is just down the road from the ground, a short walk).  Good meals and nice pub.  Will be there pre-game - probably from about 4.30-5.00 onwards, depending on Al's movements.  Would be good to put a face to a couple of the names!

I weas going to stay there "airport resort" or something like that it's called but I got over ruled and we are staying in the city now.

Plenty of parking near this pub smokey?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:03:52 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

Where?

Airport Hotel, on MacMillans Rd which is the main road past the airport and the stadium (pub is just down the road from the ground, a short walk).  Good meals and nice pub.  Will be there pre-game - probably from about 4.30-5.00 onwards, depending on Al's movements.  Would be good to put a face to a couple of the names!

full of drunk bogans? Mrs is 6 months pregnant cant be stuffed with louts.

I reckon il be there if you say food is descent.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
Apparently you can bring you own pee into the ground?
fantastic, if true.  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »
:nope sorry willy, no way.

Marrara Stadium (TIO) is almost literally on the corner of the main road entrance to the airport.  As Al said, about 10 mins drive from the City Centre but too far to walk.  Cab fare would be about $20 from the City to the ground.  Anyone interested in a pre-game catch up over an ale?

Where?

full of drunk bogans? Mrs is 6 months pregnant cant be stuffed with louts.

I reckon il be there if you say food is descent.

Ive never been there before an AFL game so i dont know about being full of drunk bogans Daniel. In fact6 i've only ever been there once for liunch on a sunday. doesnt get a lot of publicity in the news and is a bistro type pub so probably no more so than any other pub.

It is owned by the same mob who own the palmerston tavern, which was probably the last of the great drunk bogan pubs, but they have transformed it away from that.

could be a different story after the game though.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Bernie

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »

Where?

Will be there before the game for a beer but staying at the Vibe in town.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
Good news guys, would be good to meet up with any of you.  As Al said, pub is a normal bistro style pub with good pub meals at reasonable prices.  Plenty of room for sit downs and the bar is ok as well, fitout is fairly new.  Certainly not a bogan type pub Daniel.  Can get popular but not packed that I've ever seen - not that I've ever been to it pre-AFL game!  Walk to the ground from the pub would be less than a km.  Has a website (link below) and pics if anyone is interested.  I'll be there around 4.30-ish and will be in the bar.  If you are looking for Al or myself, look for the old farts with bugger-all head hair but the compensatory facial hair!!   ;D  I'll be wearing a Tiger scarf in the Darwin climate just to complete my ensemble.  Or I can PM you my mobile if you prefer to call.  Getting really excited now, fly out tomorrow night for a 6 day break and let's hope the Tige's can make it a break to remember.

:gotigers

http://www.airporthotel.net.au/

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »
Just saw Gale and a few of the boys at the hotel.

Apparently the players were told they would have to go via Brisbane to get to Darwin but the club told the AFL and Virgin Blue its unnaceptable and want a direct flight only.

Good to see the club not putting up with crap, even if it was at the expense of my wife and i as we were told we were kicked off the direct flight as the RFC wanted our seats among about 30 others.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »
They would have been just getting back from the training session Daniel, we actually passed 2 of the coaching group jogging back to the hotel but I didn't get close enough to them to see who it was.  There was a couple of hundred at TIO watching a very light session just running out a few travel kinks.  Most interesting thing I saw was when they split into 3 groups and Miller went to the forwards group, not the backs.  Would suggest he is playing forward and we are relying on McGuane and Rance as the keys down back.  Nothing more to report as it was just a very light run for 45 mins followed by autographs.  All the players were very obliging, especially Cotch and Jack who stayed out a lot longer than the rest signing autographs and having pics taken.  Was surprised at the height of Jake Batchelor and Shaun Grigg - both seemed much taller than my original perception.  Was a slightly warmer day up here but is already cooling down again and I just can't see the heat being a major factor tomorrow night - a factor maybe but not a major one.  Sadly I'm unable to get to the Maurice Rioli tribute night tonight (prior family commitments) so I can't report back on that.

P.S  Spoke to Webberley and he said he is 23 for tomorrow night so no late changes yet apparently.