Author Topic: Interstate Games  (Read 3341 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Interstate Games
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
Contemplating going to Darwin or Cairns this year, although I'm not a rich man flights aren't cheap. Is there some sort of footy/club deals I remember reading about?

The Gabba this year looks better as it will be cheaper travel.

WP are you the expert on interstate games? Any advice?
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Interstate Games
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »
Greyhound have some good deals going  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
Contemplating going to Darwin or Cairns this year, although I'm not a rich man flights aren't cheap. Is there some sort of footy/club deals I remember reading about?

Need to get a move on if you are contemplating Darwin, Pope!  BTW, any OER-ites going to Darwin interested in catching up pre-game?  Al (if he survives his old fart's game earlier that day) and I will be discussing our chances over an ale if anyone else is interested.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »

i reckon you've left it far to late for Darwin Pope

No cheap flights available a week out I wouldn't have thought and I can tell you accommodation up there isn't cheap for this weekend....

The Club via AFL travel have been advertising packages to Cairns starting at about $300 but that's only accommodation & tickets to the game doesn't include airfares

I am not going to Cairns but the last time I checked flights to Cairns weren't cheap either. And I only fly QANTAS so I don't worry about prices for the others

As for Brisbane - better get in quick for that one too for memory it falls during school holidays so it wont be that cheap either
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:38:41 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 09:45:51 PM »
Need to get a move on if you are contemplating Darwin, Pope!  BTW, any OER-ites going to Darwin interested in catching up pre-game?  Al (if he survives his old fart's game earlier that day) and I will be discussing our chances over an ale if anyone else is interested.

I am heading up smokey

Never been to Darwin very much looking forward to it. Staying in the city

I've need told that there are free shuttle buses from all the major hotels to and from the game is that right?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:18:21 PM »

I am heading up smokey

I've need told that there are free shuttle buses from all the major hotels to and from the game is that right?

Darwin is a great place guys so much to offer must hire a car. Heading up Friday morning with Virgin

Does anyone know how far away the stadium is ive never watched a game up there

If anyone is staying at the Palms Hotel esplanade PM me, il more than likely be getting a cab.

me and the pregnant wife
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
Darwin is a great place guys so much to offer must hire a car. Heading up Friday morning with Virgin

If anyone is staying at the Palms Hotel esplanade PM me, il more than likely be getting a cab.

me and the pregnant wife

I'm heading up Sat morning - QANTAS now fly direct Melb to Darwin. Flying home Sunday direct as well

I've hired a car for the 2 days and will have my TomTom with me

From what i've been able to work out the ground is actually relatively close to the airport

Can't remember the name of the hotel, better dig up the paperwork I suppose  :rollin

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:27 AM »

I am heading up smokey

me and the pregnant wife

The stadium is way too far to walk from the city Daniel, it's about 10 mins or so drive from where you are staying.

Not sure about the shuttle buses from each hotel WP, but i know in the past there have been free shuttle bus services in operation so it's a fair chance of being correct.
The ground is close to the airport
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:59:43 AM »

And I only fly QANTAS so I don't about prices for the others

Guess you're not a fan of the Plane Talking blog at crikey then, WP?

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »
I'm heading to Cairns for the game, taking Mrs Muscles (skunks tragic) along for the break.  I called the club last week and Jess said that it was unlikely that there would be any tickets left over, because there had been a big response from members.

So I logged onto TicketDirect, who have the tickets for the game, and tried to buy two seats together in the stands - figuring it would be better to sit next to she-who-must-be-obeyed - than to leave her and the credit card at large in a tourist spot.  It was impossible to buy two tickets together at the ground.  There was plenty of standing room available though.

Point being, if you are planning on going to the game in Cairns, it would be good to tell the club early.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »
I'm heading to Cairns for the game, taking Mrs Muscles (skunks tragic) along for the break.  I called the club last week and Jess said that it was unlikely that there would be any tickets left over, because there had been a big response from members.

So I logged onto TicketDirect, who have the tickets for the game, and tried to buy two seats together in the stands - figuring it would be better to sit next to she-who-must-be-obeyed - than to leave her and the credit card at large in a tourist spot.  It was impossible to buy two tickets together at the ground.  There was plenty of standing room available though.

Point being, if you are planning on going to the game in Cairns, it would be good to tell the club early.

yep spot on i got mine early. Seating tickets.

mrs skunks tragic? you being serious?

No one in my house will support any other team or code or they will be shown the exit door very quick.

My main goal in life is to somehow convince my new nephew to not follow the Blues and come to Punt Road.

This will be one of my sweetest victories in life
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »

mrs skunks tragic? you being serious?

No one in my house will support any other team or code or they will be shown the exit door very quick.

It's worse than that, Daniel.  I lost out, big time, in the early 90's, when she turned 3 little Tiger kittens into Skunkettes, with no recovery seemingly possible.  The littlest Skunkette showed some signs of wavering until last October

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »
Guess you're not a fan of the Plane Talking blog at crikey then, WP?

Correct not a fan of "Crikey" at all Muscles

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »
It's right next to the airport

10 FLAGS

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
Dont Just use a Greek Cabbie, they'll take you via the Pilbara to look at all Mining first  ;D