Author Topic: Changes for the Port game?  (Read 11047 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for the Port game?
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »
Assuming Grimes,Jack, Vlastuin and Deledio all play.

Grimes very unlikely, they said last week he'd suffered a setback was likely to miss a further 2-3 weeks
No Vlastuin either (injured).

AFL website mentioned possibly Griffs and Lennon (trained with the forwards this week).

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2016, 06:23:56 PM »
OMG.....Hampson back in :P

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
Won't bother going this week. Hampson. stuff me.

What a great opportunity for someone like Elton to play against a pretty ordinary Port forward line.

Since when do 2 ruckman ever work? Hasn't worked for about 10 years.
Go Tigers!

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2016, 06:25:27 PM »
Hammer Time
Glad he is back in
Two ruckman was always the plan
Vickery to play permanent forward thank god
Tiges by 5 goals

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »
Coaching staff not courageous enough to pull the trigger on Castanga it seems :thumbsdown

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »

What a great opportunity for someone like Elton to play against a pretty ordinary Port forward line.

Agree with the Elton comment. Must be given the chance and has played solid enough footy at VFL level. Lets see what Chaplin offers as the so called leader down back this week......

tony_montana

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »

Yep so we're going to play 2 ruckmen, both slow as treacle as well as Vickery who runs even less than those 2

Perfect opportunity to give Elton a run for 2 weeks and see what hes got, but nah..

:clapping

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:27 PM »
Jacob Townsend's Wonder World - because we wonder what in the world the club were thinking trading for him....
We gave up pick 70 odd for him, hardly the end of the world.  At least he has shown he will have a crack.... Moore is worse.
People around here are always quick to let me know when im wrong so no specifics,  but i actually like a fair few things about Townsend. First year on our list he at least is one of well one big inside mid that we have. There is nothing to lose playing this guy what is there to lose? Old saying nothing ventured nothing gained i still have hopes this guy will prove people wrong though even i admit there are two key areas i have serious concerns about.

Dunno if any one has taken the time but his record as a run with player against the big inside mids is pretty decent, wht are we not at least trying him in this role.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2016, 09:56:46 PM »
For a supposed "midfield enforcer" & "Cotchin bodyguard", he's been next to useless... only bloke he ever seems to hurt is himself......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2016, 12:34:59 AM »
Showed more agro in the NAB too

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2016, 10:50:17 AM »

Yep so we're going to play 2 ruckmen, both slow as treacle as well as Vickery who runs even less than those 2

Perfect opportunity to give Elton a run for 2 weeks and see what hes got, but nah..

Vickery might be the first AFL player to take the field in a motorised wheelchair....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »

Vickery might be the first AFL player to take the field in a motorised wheelchair....

:lol

At least he'd get to more contests.