Author Topic: Changes for the Port game?  (Read 11049 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Port game?
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
Looks good torch!

Unfortunately it's all too hard for the match committee to make these decisions.... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »
Why is the post in the Corey Ellis thread?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2016, 09:45:49 PM »
Obviously because he has been selected on the wing Chucky! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2016, 09:51:25 PM »
Obviously because he has been selected on the wing Chucky! :lol

Ohhhhhh now i understand

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »
Assuming Grimes,Jack, Vlastuin and Deledio all play.
how about we put our most potent players in the middle.

FB: Grimes - Chaplin - Vlastuin. Chaplin only because Rance is out.
HB: Castagna - Astbury - McIntosh

C: Deledio - Martin - Edwards. This is easily our best midfield time to play em together  for as much as possible.
R: Maric - Cotchin - Miles.

HF: Lennon - Riewoldt - Rioli. Two young med/sml  genuine  fwds in rioli, lennon. A third tall who could do with a little exposure at the level in Chol.
FF: Lloyd - Vickery - Chol

Int: Townsend - Grigg - Menadue - Either Elton or Griffiths.

If Grimes or Vlastuin dont play then Houli gets a reprieve.
I picked Townsend because i would like to give him a good run at it, besides the need for a big inside mid has not magically disappeared. I would really like to see them give him a run with role on Ollie Wines or Boak.
Didnt pick Corey Ellis because i think he really needs a break.He is to be a ten year player there is no need to flog him to death now.

Chol i chose over McBean from what i can gather he may not be getting a lot of  goals but he is playing well and giving good contests and works without the ball in hand.Play Vickery next to him and hopefully he can take a bit of heat away from the young fella.
I bought Griffiths in to play second ruck and give some cover both fwd and back.
About 6 changes and none would hurt us atm.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »
Yeah but what about grigg and Townsend in the middle

That's workin well
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2016, 10:50:12 PM »
Jacob Townsend's Wonder World - where we wonder what in the world the club were thinking recruiting Jacob Townsend....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2016, 10:56:19 PM »
Jacob Townsend's Wonder World - because we wonder what in the world the club were thinking trading for him....
We gave up pick 70 odd for him, hardly the end of the world.  At least he has shown he will have a crack.... Moore is worse.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2016, 11:16:25 PM »
I agree that Moore is worse.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Swooper

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2016, 12:26:42 AM »
Still I'd like to see him given one last chance to play as a lockdown small defender with no more experiments. Apart from grimes who I'd prefer on leading medium talks, we have no one else even remotely capable of locking down small fwds.

While we're at it, I'd also like to see Hunt given the opportunity to play exclusively as a tagger. Anyone that's played sport as a defender or tagger understands the mindset involved, I'm convinced he's lost his edge since he came here because our dumbarse brains trust have filled his head with notions of grandeur that "he has so much more to offer us than that". Give them both one last chance to do what they do best and if at seasons end they aren't good enough, then move them on.
Morris? You must be taking the p....! No longer is there any room for players who don't have numerous roles, the main one being getting the ball and creating some accountable action. Morris is atavistic, an anachronism. Hunt is worse. Batchelor worse again. But Dumma and that recruiting team are the real culprits. Or perhaps the board. T Wallace? D Frawley? Etc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2016, 01:39:37 AM »
The Barometer - Round 6

Herald-Sun
27 April 2016

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: The Tigers’ woes will surely be compounded on Monday with superstar backman Alex Rance set to be cited by the match review panel. Jack Riewoldt finished the loss to Melbourne with a sore ankle. As for the axe? Damien Hardwick admitted there were plenty of underperformers – so plenty will be nervous this week.

ON THE CUSP: Oh no. The Tigers’ VFL team did the unthinkable – lost to a spirited Frankston side, which entered on a 24-game losing streak. And it happened after cruising five goals clear early. So who’s hand is up? Well, Brett Deledio for starters. He was a late withdrawal against the Dees but with another week of training under his belt the superstar will face Port Adelaide. From the VFL game it was rookies Maibor Chol (four goals) and Adam Marcon to impress. Ben Griffiths also returned and with the Tigers’ struggling for an avenue to goal, he could be in line to face Port.

SAM LANDSBERGER’S FORECAST: Time is running out for the Tiges. After the Power they must battle top-four outfits Hawthorn and Sydney, with their friendly draw about to expire. Deledio is a massive in – Richmond is three wins from 18 without him – and they’ve come back from the brink the past two seasons. The clutch of mid-tier players need to start helping out captain Cotchin and Jack, or 2016 will go down as a wasted year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/the-barometer-afl-injury-list-selection-analysis-ahead-of-round-6/news-story/6b634fe8cfe974fd3534554a20645ee6

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2016, 01:41:26 AM »
In the Mix - Round 6

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
27 April 2016

RICHMOND

Vice-captain Brett Deledio has been declared available to return from a quad injury for Saturday night's clash against Port Adelaide after he was a late withdrawal in round five. The Tigers are clearly refusing to take any risks, however, so another week on the sidelines can't be ruled out yet.

Ben Lennon was an emergency last week and could earn a recall after an in-and-out start to the season if a head knock in the VFL doesn't sideline him.

The Tigers will need defensive reinforcement after Nick Vlastuin's leg injury and Jason Castagna (23 possessions in the VFL) is an attacking and in-form option.

Jack Riewoldt (ankle) needs to pass a fitness test this week and if he is unavailable tall forward Ben Griffiths is his likely replacement.

Rookie midfielder Adam Marcon (32 possessions in the VFL) is pushing hard to debut.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-26/in-the-mix-round-six-afl

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »
Assuming Grimes,Jack, Vlastuin and Deledio all play.

Grimes very unlikely, they said last week he'd suffered a setback was likely to miss a further 2-3 weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2016, 08:57:58 AM »
Was always a 10 week injury

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2016, 02:16:11 PM »
They should and hopefully will take their time with him