Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane - Round 4, 2017  (Read 5351 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane - Round 4, 2017
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »
Essendon and St kilda must be really crap then .

Can't believe I was nervous about yesterday's game .
By the sounds of it you were happy with yesterday's game?
Wowee!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2017, 10:05:38 AM »
I'm ecstatic to be 4-0 but I actually agree with you - about as boring as a 50 point interstate victory gets .

Looking forward to the next block of 4 games to see where we are really at . 2 wins should be the minimum expectation.
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2017, 12:36:44 PM »
According to this 'journo' on the AFL website, we were lucky to win :wallywink :stupid  :lol

1. Tigers' bursts far from convincing

Richmond has finished round four in the upper rungs of the ladder, undefeated with four wins. But despite a comfortable victory over the Brisbane Lions, the Tigers still looked shaky. They played very well in patches, scoring quickly and tackling fiercely. But for the majority of quarters they just managed to hold the Lions at bay by the length of a Dustin Martin "don't argue". They were sloppy at times, and struggled to maintain their manic pressure. Upcoming matches against Melbourne and Adelaide will test the Tigers if they continue their inconsistency. Despite this, at the start of the season any Tigers supporter would have taken a 4-0 start – their best since 1995.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-16/five-talking-points-brisbane-lions-v-richmond

By definition, if something is manic it is also unsustainable?

Mostly agree with what was said. Sloppy win that could have been slicker.

The next 3 weeks will be telling. If we lose to Melbourne I'll be extremely upset. We owe that mob big time.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »
I'm ecstatic to be 4-0 but I actually agree with you - about as boring as a 50 point interstate victory gets .

Looking forward to the next block of 4 games to see where we are really at . 2 wins should be the minimum expectation.
:thumbsup

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
Watched it. Would have loved to see it blow out more to 70-80 points. Looked like the took the foot of the pedal a bit.

Some poor decision making by the players and inaccurate shots at goal.

Few blokes looked like they were just having a run on the park/weekend off.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »
Tigers aren't a one-man show

Dustin Martin was the talk of the competition over the first three weeks as he led Richmond to a perfect season start. But against the Lions on Sunday night, 'Dusty' was quiet, being outplayed by Mitch Robinson and held to 16 goalless disposals. But that didn't stop the Tigers. Reliable Shaun Grigg racked up 30 touches, former Sun Dion Prestia 22, Brandon Ellis 21, Bachar Houli and Trent Cotchin 20 apiece. Throw in four goals each to Jack Riewoldt and rookie Jason Castagna and you get the picture – it was a good team effort. Sure, the Lions aren't the greatest barometer, but winning without an influence from Martin has to put a smile on coach Damien Hardwick's face before the sterner challenges arrive.

- Michael Whiting

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-17/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-four

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2017, 01:05:35 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Fagan)

BRISBANE LIONS v RICHMOND

8 Jack Riewoldt (Rich)
5 Shaun Grigg (Rich)