Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane - Round 4, 2017  (Read 5458 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane - Round 4, 2017
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
Was going to ask last week when Griggs contract was due but after a BOG performance I'm just going to assume his current one expires this year? Always has a good (half) year when his contracts getting negotiated

Ruanaidh

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2017, 07:51:28 PM »
Msg to Recruitment Dept.......Do not want Schache! Go to the draft instead FFS.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:41:27 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2017, 10:45:35 PM »
According to this 'journo' on the AFL website, we were lucky to win :wallywink :stupid  :lol

1. Tigers' bursts far from convincing

Richmond has finished round four in the upper rungs of the ladder, undefeated with four wins. But despite a comfortable victory over the Brisbane Lions, the Tigers still looked shaky. They played very well in patches, scoring quickly and tackling fiercely. But for the majority of quarters they just managed to hold the Lions at bay by the length of a Dustin Martin "don't argue". They were sloppy at times, and struggled to maintain their manic pressure. Upcoming matches against Melbourne and Adelaide will test the Tigers if they continue their inconsistency. Despite this, at the start of the season any Tigers supporter would have taken a 4-0 start – their best since 1995.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-16/five-talking-points-brisbane-lions-v-richmond

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:51 PM »
Msg to Recruitment Dept.......Do not want Schache! Go to the draft instead FFS.

Agree ....go hard for Lever instead get Tom McCartin & get games into Chol & Moore asap....

Dunno how we'd get it done but Lever, Hopper, McCartin, Clarvino  & Naish would be the perfect off-season (if Martin stays)....for good measure get X. Richards for nix....

Wouldn't mind going after Spencer from Melbourne too .....looks very promising but won't keep Gawn out...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »
Good to see him getting a bit more down & dirty these days but seriously, Shaun "Bombs away!/The goal is mine!" Grigg is still the most selfish player in the AFL....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »
According to this 'journo' on the AFL website, we were lucky to win :wallywink :stupid  :lol

1. Tigers' bursts far from convincing

Richmond has finished round four in the upper rungs of the ladder, undefeated with four wins. But despite a comfortable victory over the Brisbane Lions, the Tigers still looked shaky. They played very well in patches, scoring quickly and tackling fiercely. But for the majority of quarters they just managed to hold the Lions at bay by the length of a Dustin Martin "don't argue". They were sloppy at times, and struggled to maintain their manic pressure. Upcoming matches against Melbourne and Adelaide will test the Tigers if they continue their inconsistency. Despite this, at the start of the season any Tigers supporter would have taken a 4-0 start – their best since 1995.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-16/five-talking-points-brisbane-lions-v-richmond

Well we weren't "lucky to win" but otherwise, that "journo" is spot on....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »
That's a game I won't be watching again.
It reminded me of us winning games in "13, "14 and "15 against weak opposition. We got the 4 points but it showed us more about where we need to improve than what we are good at. I don't  know how many times during those years I'd walk out of the MCG disappointed after a win, but it was a lot because of the way we were playing.
We need to make sure we do certain things (tackle, pressure and clean disposal) no matter what the score is or who is our opposition.

In the second half we played like millionaires which is really disappointing after our first 3 weeks. We need to be workman like and cut the other crap out.

This is a really even season and a team imo can pinch one this year if they do the simple hard things right every week.

I hope this is a bit of a wake up call to train to work harder.

The one satisfying thing was they all looked a bit flat after the win which they should have because the second half wasn't exceptable.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
Spot on BT.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2017, 03:21:12 AM »
That's a game I won't be watching again.
It reminded me of us winning games in "13, "14 and "15 against weak opposition. We got the 4 points but it showed us more about where we need to improve than what we are good at. I don't  know how many times during those years I'd walk out of the MCG disappointed after a win, but it was a lot because of the way we were playing.
We need to make sure we do certain things (tackle, pressure and clean disposal) no matter what the score is or who is our opposition.

In the second half we played like millionaires which is really disappointing after our first 3 weeks. We need to be workman like and cut the other crap out.

This is a really even season and a team imo can pinch one this year if they do the simple hard things right every week.

I hope this is a bit of a wake up call to train to work harder.

The one satisfying thing was they all looked a bit flat after the win which they should have because the second half wasn't exceptable.

Yep, this is the real danger, they become lazy and undisciplined.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2017, 08:30:52 AM »
Very poor inside 50 efficiency yesterday, still don't get when a runner crosses the 50 arc why they just don't keep running towards goal rather than chipping at full pace which invariably doesn't hit the target. Almost like they were told to take the more difficult options because on occasions goals were there for the taking but the easiest options in each case were clearly ignored.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:07 AM »
Not only are we winning ugly ....we are apparently flogging ugly too.
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »
Grigg is still the most selfish player in the AFL....

Not so sure about that ... or if true then he certainly had a couple of apprentices running around in the VFL yesterday  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2017, 09:39:38 AM »
Very poor inside 50 efficiency yesterday, still don't get when a runner crosses the 50 arc why they just don't keep running towards goal rather than chipping at full pace which invariably doesn't hit the target. Almost like they were told to take the more difficult options because on occasions goals were there for the taking but the easiest options in each case were clearly ignored.

Grigg culprit #1 from outside 50. Ugly football that will see quality opposition repeat score off the rebound.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
Essendon and St kilda must be really crap then .

Can't believe I was nervous about yesterday's game .
Unleash the tornado