Author Topic: "I probably deserve it": Stewart ready & accepting of Richmond fan boos (SEN)  (Read 1846 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I hate this woke narrative.

Show Stewart respect. Can we not boo and jeer opponents now? Or only good ones? Or players of colour? But it's OK to boo kids like JHF? It's OK to boo umpires? I'm a bit lost with all of this to be honest. I'm all for a safe and respectful crowd environment but also don't want to ruin the fan experience and atmosphere that we all love and missed during pandemic. We lose that if all we are told to do it golf clap.

100%

No doubt Dimma doesnt believe a word that has come out of his mouth today. Nice try from him though. Only thing more funnier would be if balmy comes out and echoes his thoughts.

booing is great as its non woke so i hope it continues. Personally only umps and perhaps selwood has copped a boo from me recently, and of course this piece of poo. If i'm near a fence il do more than boo at the slimy prick and i hope it continues for his career. Selwood copped far worse.

Anyone who has an issue with booing then go watch the ABC.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I literally boo any opposition player taking a set shot on goal. Like remember the prelim vs gws? I’m pretty sure al 22 gws players got booed at some point

Broadsword

After not being able to get to a game at the 'G for 5 years I was amazed at what a tame environment it had become when I went back last year. Even at the Collingwood-Richmond game.

You go there for that animal, tribal energy that makes you feel alive and part of something. In the 90s the place was rocking. Now if you say the wrong thing you'll get hauled in front of the magistrate and face the new Puritan thought police.

I'd almost rather watch on tv than go to the ground anymore.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
“Footy was better back in my day”

Broadsword

Don't know if footy was, but footy grounds were.

(Also footy.)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
No doubt.
If you want to enjoy footy, throw on games like the 1989 GF.
Or our final against Essendon in 1995.

If people think footy wasnt "better back in my day", they are in dreamland

The sport is being destroyed

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

Your judgement is clouded Slick Willy. Your day was watching us finish bottom 4 every year while Ben Nason strutted his stuff.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Laughed when we boooooed Stewart in the first two minutes  :lol.

But the best revenge was winning the game  :thumbsup. Didn't hear too many boos in the second half as Stewart had little influence after half-time. Lucky if he took more than a couple of marks after half-time. Also had at least 3 goals kicked on him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Solid effort to boo him mercilessly every time he touched the ball for 4 quarters lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Yep good job guys, proud of you

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
It was a perfect outcome.
He’s a piece of poo and we won the game.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.