Author Topic: Tigers vs Swans  (Read 6933 times)

jackstar

Re: Tigers vs Swans
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »
How long before Jackstar reappears and calls for TW's head.

:thumbsup

Not long :lol
Great coaching today :clapping

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »
Hyde has to go!

no questions asked.

richmondrules

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2008, 06:47:51 AM »
How long before Jackstar reappears and calls for TW's head.

:thumbsup

Not long :lol
Great coaching today :clapping

And this is the worst thing to have come from the loss to Sydney.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2008, 06:51:44 AM »
you cant blame Hyde though

being put on a guy like Goodes by your coach is unrealistic but Wallace is doing it too often

lol

Hyde is sposed to be in the side as a tagger.

If the bloke he is playing on kills him you cant say 'oh its not Hydes fault Goodes is too good'.

Time to stuff him, Petts. and co off.

Tigermonk

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
you cant blame Hyde though

being put on a guy like Goodes by your coach is unrealistic but Wallace is doing it too often

lol

Hyde is sposed to be in the side as a tagger.

If the bloke he is playing on kills him you cant say 'oh its not Hydes fault Goodes is too good'.

Time to eff him, Petts. and co off.

anyone who thinks Hyde could possibly tag a gaint like Goodes a dual Brownlow medallist who eats players for breakfast are deluded
Hyde is approx 16kg smaller in weight & 12 cm smaller in height compared to Goodes,
its a outragoues matchup we got bigger body players who could have taken the job & blocked him coming out of the centre so easy
best thing Goodes done all day was injure captain past it
heres supporters wanting to get rid of players like Petts, Bowden, Hyde & whoever else you wanna killoff, but the culprit is the coach
Sydney ruckman tapped the ball to Goodes with ease, & Goodes blast out of the centre, a small man like Hyde never had a chance, the task was unrealistic on paper & the field & seeing rubbish like this really makes me wonder why l bother

jackstar

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »
Totally agree Tigermonk.
The brightness of the solarium must have affected his judgement, how on earth could he have put Hyde on Goodes, the obvious match up was McMahon on Goodes :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :jump :jump :stupid :stupid :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2008, 04:33:39 PM »
Just got back from Sydney....

Two of the many problems

In our defensive 50, if the players are meant to be zoning off then they need to use some common sense and if their is space in front of the player, move into. The number of times our blokes were lazy and found flatfooted standing 5 - 10 metres to the side of their opposite number and the opposition player took a chest mark is amazing. Tambling, Jack and McMahon were culprits.

I didn't see one screen in our forward 50. Occasionally a bloke would make a run behind one of our blokes looking for it and his teammate would instead run into the (congested) space where the other tiger had come from.  :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2008, 05:05:27 PM »
Well that game was a disappointment. I wish I hadn't gone to the game!!  :'( Who was it at the club that ordered the players to ride bicycles to Sydney? Well it sure did look like someone had ordered it as they ran out of puff before the first ball had even been bounced!  :banghead Sydney were running down the corridor in waves all day. It was a Blitzkrieg!! I used to think we were good mud runners but now I think the complete opposite. Our form this season during wet and drizzly games has been appauling. We couldn't keep on our feet and every player fumbled the ball or lost their feet on numerous occasions.  On a small ground like the SCG you don't have time to recover from such errors and the Swans know how to take advantage of it better than anyone. Simmonds was on daylight savings time when competing in the ruck! Miss timed just about every tap! Our drive out of the backline was terrible. Every time we got the ball we seemed to immediately get rid of it and always to players under pressure. Apart from Cotch or Lids and Tambo for a fleeting moment, nobody was prepared to run the ball and take the opposition on! :banghead

Rant over!

Hope for improvement next week!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »
We couldn't keep on our feet and every player fumbled the ball or lost their feet on numerous occasions.

Actually I've never seen a game where one team has lost feet so much more than the other.

It was like the two teams were playing on different surfaces.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »

Actually I've never seen a game where one team has lost feet so much more than the other.

It was like the two teams were playing on different surfaces.

Agree Jake - it was dreadful. I got to the ground around 12.00pm so I go to see some of the curtain raiser game Swans -v- Demons (eastlake) and there were blokes losing their footing in that game too. Have to say the surface looked damp so......

Gotta say I do agree with Wallace it is a players responsibility to chose the right bloody boots to wear - not his, they are professionals for crying out loud.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
Actually I knew it was going to be a bad day yesterday ....

It was the road trip from hell  >:( :'(

Flight was late leaving Melb yesterday morning.... 20 minutes late into Sydney

Hire car wasn't ready when I got to Sydney.. 10 minute wait while they washed a replacement

$15 to park the car at the SCG - thank gawd there were 5 in the car or it would have been $20

The chips were cold at the SCG.....

Plane home was delayed 2 hours ...

Then the drive through the fog once back in Melbourne

DOn't really give a stuff about the result after all that  :rollin

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
Actually I knew it was going to be a bad day yesterday ....

It was the road trip from hell  >:( :'(

Flight was late leaving Melb yesterday morning.... 20 minutes late into Sydney

Hire car wasn't ready when I got to Sydney.. 10 minute wait while they washed a replacement

$15 to park the car at the SCG - thank gawd there were 5 in the car or it would have been $20

The chips were cold at the SCG.....

Plane home was delayed 2 hours ...

Then the drive through the fog once back in Melbourne

DOn't really give a stuff about the result after all that  :rollin

wp my day doesn't look so bad now after reading all that.
were u in the cheer squad section as well?

i felt so sorry for that little kid dressed up tigers uniform sitting right in the middle of the cheer squad.
i just hope he sees a flag soon and doesnt have to wait as long as me
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2008, 07:04:31 AM »
wp my day doesn't look so bad now after reading all that.
were u in the cheer squad section as well?

Nope Daniel was sitting in the Noble stand behend the goals surrounded by Swans supporters  :P

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »
At least something positive came out of trip to Sydney

Tigers earn their stripes
Mosman Daily
Wednesday 4 June, 2008 

RICHMOND Football Club stars Mitch Morton and Graham Polak took time out from preparing for their league clash with the Sydney Swans on Sunday to give a footy training session to some lucky youngsters at Middle Head Oval.

The Friday night coaching clinic for Mosman Junior Swans under-nine and under-10 teams gave the youngsters the chance to learn skills from some of the Tigers' stars.

Mosman coach Peter Papas said it was terrific to see the Melbourne club showing support at the junior level in NSW.

"We already enjoy great support from the Sydney Swans but it is also great for the kids to get exposure to some of the other AFL clubs," he told the Daily.

Mr Papas said when he began discussions with Richmond, they were very helpful in suggesting how the club could lend some player support to the juniors.

The Mosman Swans club was founded in 1998 and caters for Auskick groups 5-7 year-olds through to under 16s.

http://www.mosmandaily.com.au/article/2008/06/04/2118_sports.html

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2008, 02:25:20 PM »
At least something positive came out of trip to Sydney

Tigers earn their stripes
Mosman Daily
Wednesday 4 June, 2008 

RICHMOND Football Club stars Mitch Morton and Graham Polak took time out from preparing for their league clash with the Sydney Swans on Sunday to give a footy training session to some lucky youngsters at Middle Head Oval.

The Friday night coaching clinic for Mosman Junior Swans under-nine and under-10 teams gave the youngsters the chance to learn skills from some of the Tigers' stars.

Mosman coach Peter Papas said it was terrific to see the Melbourne club showing support at the junior level in NSW.

"We already enjoy great support from the Sydney Swans but it is also great for the kids to get exposure to some of the other AFL clubs," he told the Daily.

Mr Papas said when he began discussions with Richmond, they were very helpful in suggesting how the club could lend some player support to the juniors.

The Mosman Swans club was founded in 1998 and caters for Auskick groups 5-7 year-olds through to under 16s.

http://www.mosmandaily.com.au/article/2008/06/04/2118_sports.html

Let's hope Polak wasn't taking the goalkicking part of the clinic  :lol