Author Topic: SEN's Richmond preview  (Read 2267 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: SEN's Richmond preview
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
If Jack is laconic.....what does it make Polo and JON
Unleash the tornado

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
Hope their judgement is correct with Raines. If he plays similiar to McCleod then he will be a champion. He is an enigma to me in many ways. In his first 'Rising Star Year' he was a revelation coming second in a strong field ahead of Heath Shaw but in the proceeding year he looked a liability. I think a big reason for this was that opposition coaches found him out, figured out his greatest strength and turned it around on him. He didn't have an answer and still doesn't as far as I have seen.

Raines loves to run out of defense and kick it long to a leading forward but he struggles when no option is available, stops, props, panics and is frequently run down which becomes a turnover. He just doesn't seem to know when he is being run down (perhaps no talk from team-mates?) or what to do in congestion.

I just hope he can be coaches/taught how to react when his first instinct/option is denied by opposition. I still think Rance will prove to be the better defender in the future.

Stripes

Have to agree with you Stripes

His newest trick when he has no option up forward seems to be to handball to a stationery target

:lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
If Raines is to be played anywhere it should be up on a wing.

Disposal & decision making still have massive question marks..

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
I thought Raines was pretty good in Round 1 last year as a midfielder, then he got injured. I wouldn't give up on him just yet, there are plenty in front of him to go.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: SEN talking more Richmond
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 01:19:03 PM »
* Newman - question his decision making at times. Jordan McMahon is similar. Newman can be a touch too cute at times coming out of defence. Just kick the ball as he's a good long kick so the HFs can lead up with confidence when they see the captain coming off half-back.
WP were you on SEN between 6-7pm tonight?  :lol

Not guilty - I was out buying fish 'n' chips for dinner  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
His newest trick when he has no option up forward seems to be to handball to a stationery target

Then young Andrew is on the path to Wisdom.

Because as Confucius says; when Japanese come invading do not get caught with weapon.