Author Topic: Aker 'totally against' Pies-Dons Anzac fixture (afl.com.au)  (Read 1947 times)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Aker 'totally against' Pies-Dons Anzac fixture (afl.com.au)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
Remember when us and the pies played the anzac game in 1977?  92k turnout.  Why should these to teams get it every year, none of my grandads barracked for em and they were both in WWII, neither of my great grandads barracked for em and they were in WWI.  I have heaps of clan that served including myself and none of us barrack for either of these two teams, spread it round and make it fair imo.

If that is the match where we got flogged,that was the first game I saw the Tiges play with my old man.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Aker 'totally against' Pies-Dons Anzac fixture (afl.com.au)
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 11:49:33 PM »
of course the game should be rotated, how on earth TWO CLUBS should have a mortage on this day is absurd. Perhaps it should be a GF replay...anything but seeing these sides play in it ea YEAR

Yep, spot on.  I am also a fan of the GF replay being the main Anzac Day game.
Only problem I have with the GF replay on Anzac day is that if it is one or even two interstate teams then you are never going to fill the MCG. Obviously two interstate teams could play in one of their home states, however that's not really the same thing.
I like the idea of the Top 2 victorian teams from the previous year.