Author Topic: Positives from last night's game?  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Positives from last night's game?
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2010, 01:35:47 AM »
No Tuck, King, White or McMahon.

Ox

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2010, 02:15:07 AM »
biggest positive is it's over

Tigermonk

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2010, 11:49:41 AM »
OMG some people braging about players who have played a single game of AFL
how many times have l seen one game wonders  :shh

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
Tamblings stats were really down for the game, but he never starts a season well.

I'd drop him and put him back in for the 4th or 5th round as he never plays well early on.

But I have noticed he has put on muscle on his arms this year, a good sign.

I have to ask this question, what has putting on muscle got to do when you cant put your hands on the football ???

I meant it as an aside but funnily enough I believe this is one of the most important improvement points.  We chose a light player in Tambling, who is never going to be a bang crash tackle type of player, but I hope the need has been identified for a heavier team that can stand up in tackles and still dish off the footy.  This to me is an example of an attempt to mold a heavier type of player and an improvement in the off field physical development of players which will pay dividends in the years to come.

For years I have thought we have been too light a team.  I think need to choose players who are built heavily but can still cut the mustard with kicking and foot speed (its a real trick to find these players).  Any player who can't put on weight ala David Bourke should be got rid of, unless they are exceptional in some way.

I hope we are looking to recruit and build more Nick Daffy type bodies rather than Greg Tivendale type bodies while also avoiding Gaspar like kicking.

Ramps

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:50 PM »
Tamblings stats were really down for the game, but he never starts a season well.

I'd drop him and put him back in for the 4th or 5th round as he never plays well early on.

But I have noticed he has put on muscle on his arms this year, a good sign.

I have to ask this question, what has putting on muscle got to do when you cant put your hands on the football ???

I meant it as an aside but funnily enough I believe this is one of the most important improvement points.  We chose a light player in Tambling, who is never going to be a bang crash tackle type of player, but I hope the need has been identified for a heavier team that can stand up in tackles and still dish off the footy.  This to me is an example of an attempt to mold a heavier type of player and an improvement in the off field physical development of players which will pay dividends in the years to come.

For years I have thought we have been too light a team.  I think need to choose players who are built heavily but can still cut the mustard with kicking and foot speed (its a real trick to find these players).  Any player who can't put on weight ala David Bourke should be got rid of, unless they are exceptional in some way.

I hope we are looking to recruit and build more Nick Daffy type bodies rather than Greg Tivendale type bodies while also avoiding Gaspar like kicking.

i believe that their is merit to tidymans post

jackstar is back again

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
has plenty of merit.
Why put Hicks on the rookie list then ? :banghead

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2010, 10:22:41 PM »
has plenty of merit.
Why put Hicks on the rookie list then ? :banghead

he'll be a bloody star that kid, say I don't believe Ballentine or stepehn hill would audition for the incredible Hulk, how did they go last night :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
Hicks is going to ride and Warrnambool next week. :banghead
Hicks wont make it.
Why I am debating with idiots ::)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2010, 10:43:29 PM »
Nathan Foley's return. :)