Author Topic: Trent Cotchin on "On the Couch" Mon 22/4/2013  (Read 7185 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Trent Cotchin on "On the Couch" Mon 22/4/2013
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:03 AM »
Rance has had good games on power forwards in the past and TBH i'm not sure there is a defender in the comp that can go one on one with Cloke all day and come out on top without getting a chop out from his teammates and having someone drop back into the hole. That was the biggest concern for me. No-one was getting in front of Cloke to block his leads, no-one going third man up. I'd be filthy if I was Rance at the lack of support.

Even more concerning is that there was really no other marking threat in the forward line, particularly when Lynch was on ball.
With a loose man in defence to remain with his player, both Chaplin and Grimes could have gone third up more easily than in any other game.

Maybe they got spooked by the numbers running ahead of the ball, epic fail either way. Tross was going alright in the first half.

dwaino

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:51 AM »
Rance has had good games on power forwards in the past and TBH i'm not sure there is a defender in the comp that can go one on one with Cloke all day and come out on top without getting a chop out from his teammates and having someone drop back into the hole. That was the biggest concern for me. No-one was getting in front of Cloke to block his leads, no-one going third man up. I'd be filthy if I was Rance at the lack of support.

Even more concerning is that there was really no other marking threat in the forward line, particularly when Lynch was on ball.
With a loose man in defence to remain with his player, both Chaplin and Grimes could have gone third up more easily than in any other game.

This.

If anyone saw AFL Insider last night then they would have seen King give this game quite a bit of attention. Without saying it directly he was implying it was the fault of our midfielders. Blokes like Chaplin actually didn't do anything wrong. When the ball was going into our back 50 half the team went pedestrian. Guys like Grigg and even Maric were standing around scratching their nuts when they were all well within reach to take Chaplin's and Grimes' opponents so those blokes could then roll back onto Cloke and give Rance a hand. They showed the Lynch 50m penalty where our blokes only strolled back. Maric dawdled to the 50m arc and every Collingwood player then lead out to clear 30m from goal and isolated Rance on Cloke. Even Eade acknowledged we weren't rolling players on and that's why they kept doing what they were doing.

To vindicate Rance and Chaplin a bit they did show a couple passages when our defenders did win out one on one and took some intercept marks. Rance isn't a bad player, but it just goes to show how important having that drop off player is when the opposition are going to do everything they can to put Rance at a disadvantage.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:15 AM »
The potbelles will also be playing at dreamtime I hear
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 10:33:32 AM »

Would be surprising if true ( doubt it personally) seeing the focus onthe night is promoting (rightly) indigenous culture and talent.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »

Would be surprising if true ( doubt it personally) seeing the focus onthe night is promoting (rightly) indigenous culture and talent.

The potbellez are indigenous

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »

Are they?

The lead singer had what seemed like and American accent  :-\

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »

Beat me to it
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 04:31:56 PM »

Beat me to it

Stand corrected then, they will play Not sure about the Japanese tribal drums though  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
Hopefully we don't hold back next time then.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 04:02:34 AM »
Seems Cotch's comment about Swan 'cheating' by running forward of the ball was on the money ...

A frustrated Pendlebury said: "They (Essendon) burnt us pretty badly by playing honest football. We started cheating."

"In the last 15 minutes the forwards and mids ... left our backs with guys everywhere and six guys can't defend nine.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/scott-pendlebury-turns-torch-on-cheating-collingwood-teammates/story-e6frf9kx-1226629561633

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »
Only Collingwood would get the media blaming the umpires lol  Bitching about the same things that we copped against them last week.
Lots of people name their swords......