Author Topic: How many wins from this point?  (Read 3023 times)

dwaino

Re: How many wins from this point?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
3-4   :shh

:lol I'll hunt u down and kick you in the balls if you've just jinxed our season.  :shh

:lol  :outtahere

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 08:14:51 AM »
What is sad is we are still talking just make it territory, firmly in the middle somewhere.  I think this reflects on the unbalanced drafts over the first two years of dimmas time.  It was a terrible time to rebuild.  But with the emergence of conca and those types of younger players I feel we're on the right path.

Still you wonder how Ross Lyon always gets his teams into the finals.

Ross Lyon took on sides that drafted in golden eras with priority picks.
Not sure we can talk about being a top end side until we nail being mid table first - how can you leap frog that bit first although its frustrating to see the Bombers and Hawks roll over the top of the Pies and easily account for them while we get nailed  >:(
The reason I posed this thread now is because I'm interested to see whether anyone sees us beating Freo or the Cats - if we were to win 1 it would have us in the 8 and there is a really compelling stat about only 1-2 changes in the 8 after round 6.
IMV, Tonight is a biggie - would be good to steal a win and put another notch on our belt - ie beating a Ross Lyon coached side

I cant see us backing up and beating geelong next week, so tonight is a biggie.
we can win, but we need to be switched on for, and play, 4 quarters of footy to do so. If not it'll be goodnight Irene.

I dont think that our interstate record is any worse that our overall recored, and i'm not too concerned about things like finally beating a ross lyon coached side. I'm more interested in taking as many scalps as possible of sides we will be competing with for a top 8 finish and the purple haze are high on that list
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Lyon is a very good coach.  He burns his team out after 2-3 years but he produces results.  If we beat Freo it's a real notch in Dimmas belt especially over there.  I can't see us being favorites though