Author Topic: Coburg vs Port Melbourne on ABC tv and SEN  (Read 2181 times)

Moi

Re: Coburg vs Port Melbourne on ABC tv and SEN
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 10:37:29 PM »
WP, i just caught the last 5 mins or so on the tellie.
And right at the end a Port player shoved (or i thought it was a shove) right in the back of our backman and went on to goal.
Did you see that and what did you think?
A bit unlucky i thought not to get a Coburg free there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 10:42:33 PM »
I forgot to mention Polo. He had limited game time but I thought when he was on the paddock he was very good in close. Not afraid to go in a get the hard ball. I was pleasantly surpised by his skills they were alot better than I thought as I heard his hands were good but his kicking sometimes lets him down.

Clearly he needs to bulk up but gee long term I reckon this kid maybe very good for us  ;)

WP, i just caught the last 5 mins or so on the tellie.
And right at the end a Port player shoved (or i thought it was a shove) right in the back of our backman and went on to goal.
Did you see that and what did you think?
A bit unlucky i thought not to get a Coburg free there.

I was down the other end Moi but for where I was standing it looked like the Burger player was shoved. Some of the decisions in the last especially that one against Pattison were perplexing to say the least.

A certain OER poster is convinced that it was umpire Hendrie in disguise ;D :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 10:47:59 PM »
A certain OER poster is convinced that it was umpire Hendrie in disguise   

Whoever it was, they'll be umpiring in Siberia next week if that certain OER poster has their way  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2005, 05:11:37 AM »
It was a very disappointing result to be 10 points up in the final 10 minutes and then lose because they went defensive was very disappointing.

I have to say I was surprised when they threw Schulz in the ruck

Yeah there were a couple of questionable coaching moves.

Flood should have flooded ;) when Coburg was up by 10 points with only a few minutes to go.

They showed Flood's 3/4 time address on the tv. It was funny seeing him firstly not trying to swear on camera then muffling "effing". Not sure why you would remind a team they had lost these types of close games in previous weeks when you want them win.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd