Author Topic: Coburg vs Port Melbourne on ABC tv and SEN  (Read 2184 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg vs Port Melbourne on ABC tv and SEN
« on: June 09, 2005, 05:20:44 AM »
As WP mentioned in the latest On The Prowl article, the Coburg game against the Roos' affiliate Port Melbourne at Coburg City Oval will be shown live on ABC tv at 1.10pm  this Saturday. SEN will also be broadcasting the game over the radio.

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=94194
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Coburg vs Port Melbourne on ABC tv and SEN
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 07:31:09 AM »
And I will be there with a VB in a CAN in the OUTER in the RAIN - YAY - Just like the old days.  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 05:40:53 PM »
Round 10 Squad Vs. Port Melbourne

Day: Saturday 11th June
Time: Reserves 10:20am Seniors 1.10pm
Venue: City Oval

Coburg Squad

B: T.Jorgensen A.Pattison B.Rayson
HB:  ----------  S.Morrison  -----------
C: N.Raines E.Kuret A.Houlihan
HF: D.Meyer R.Young B.Hartigan
F: J.Houlihan J.Schultz M.Rix
R: ------------   ----------- C.Hyde

Int (from): L.McKinnon S.Bourke V.Randello D.Strachan
T.Roach D.Polo B.Chambers K.Archibald
J.Rimington J.Sylvester W.Thursfield R.Monteath

Moi

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 06:21:13 PM »
Tommy Roach as an itnerchange - that's a worry.
Anyone know how he's going?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 06:30:58 PM »
Tommy Roach as an itnerchange - that's a worry.
Anyone know how he's going?

I think he's only listed there as they had senior guys like Chaffey, Stafford and Cambo in the Coburg squad before the final 22 was announced.

Moi ths is what David Flood said about Techno last week from EOTT :

Tom Roach (5 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks): Is now 'manning' up better at stoppages, and his spoiling was okay. Can, however, get better in terms of kicking to position and providing more run for the team.

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 04:14:39 PM »
Just got home from the game, Burgers down by 2 points.

Was pretty disappointing to lose in the end, but the wind died off in the last qtr which made scoring to the Bell st end much easier in the last qtr for Port Melbourne.

Good players for Coburg included Hyde, Morrison and Both Houlihans.

Hyde gave plenty of run all day through the lines

Morrison controlled the backline pretty much all day

and both of the houlihans ran riot, probably kicked about 8 between them.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 04:55:19 PM »
Wached it on TV.

Umpiring was pathetic at times.

Hyde a class above everyone on the field!

Schulz (With no T!) had a very good game, played all over the ground, including ruck!

Hartigan went alright, but seems like he is still lacking fitness, and also going easy on his hammy.

Houlihans were good, but the one that played with us (older one) made as many mistakes as he did good things.

Morrison solid in the backline, wouldn't mind him getting a game or two to see if he can cut it in an AFL backline.

Polo got limited gametime from what i saw, but made the most of it, kicked a fantastic goal in the 2nd term.

Roach was very quiet.

Archibald done a few nice things (but also a few dumb ones), seemed like he was playing in the midfield a fair bit.

Thursfield is definetly a long ways off playing for Richmond, done a couple of nice things though.

N.Raines seems like a very talented player, wouldn't mind rookie listing him at seasons end.

Pattison took a few strong marks, but relatively had a quiet game.

I think i covered nearly all of the Richmond boys that played, Meyer DID NOT play, which is interesting as he is an emergency!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 05:01:13 PM »
Coburg    3.1  11.3  12.7   16.9-105  
Port Melb 4.5    6.6  12.9   16.11-107

Goal Kickers: A. Houlihan 5, J. Houlihan 3, T. Jorgensen 2, J. Schultz 2, B. Hartigan, B. Rayson, A. Pattison, D. Polo

Best Players: M. Rix, C. Hyde, A. Houlihan, S. Morrison, J. Schultz, J. Houlihan

http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/nf/round_info.cgi?action=MATCH&fixture=6836738&id=3735667&team=Coburg%20Tigers&client=%40TXU-VFL%20%26%20TAC%20Cup%403020%4030661%40%40%40%40%404%40VFL%20Seniors%401%40&r_type=1&pool=-1

Hyde 27 touches. Chris was off his feet by the end.
Morrison 16 touches. He was very good today.
Schulz 15 touches, 9 (?) marks. Great grab in the goalsquare and showed his workraste by running down to defence to take some important marks.
Hartigan also did well especially in the first half.

Coburg just had too many passengers and were one-dimensional going forward after half-time with poor final passes to forwards combined with forwards not presenting. Adam Houlihan had his usual avoiding contests game despite kicking 5 goals.

Umpiring on par with the AFL  :-\. These guys just don't understand playing advantage.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 06:58:23 PM by mightytiges »

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 05:05:47 PM »
LOL @ advantage call, i saw at least 4 instances where we could of gone into the 50 but it was brought back!

IMO Adam Houlihan stuffs up as much, if not more then he does good things.

Ok he got a few goals, but he had just as many misses, not to mention giving away 2 (3?) 50 metre penalties, a couple of free's, and as you said playing soft in a contested situation.

His brother is a lot better then him IMHO, and i wouldn't shoot anyone if we have him a chance next season.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 05:18:02 PM »
How about kick from Raines I think it was who was pushed in the back by Rocca yet still passed the ball to Houlihan 35m out yet dopey umpire brings it back to Raines on the wing. Genius!  :banghead

LOL @ recruiting a Houlihan. Ah NO!  :lol. That's become the number rule of recruiting - don't go near anyone from the Houlihan family ;).

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 05:22:48 PM »
The younger one isn't THAT bad from what i saw today, i wouldn't be pushing Miller and co. to draft him, but, i wouldn't start letting off shotgun rounds if he was given a chance!

IIRC the saints never even gave him a game in 3 seasons, which may speak of his talent level, but to not even give him a chance in 3 seasons is a bit harsh IMO.

Bulluss

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 05:27:43 PM »
Just got home from the game, Burgers down by 2 points.

Was pretty disappointing to lose in the end, but the wind died off in the last qtr which made scoring to the Bell st end much easier in the last qtr for Port Melbourne.

Good players for Coburg included Hyde, Morrison and Both Houlihans.

Hyde gave plenty of run all day through the lines

Morrison controlled the backline pretty much all day

and both of the houlihans ran riot, probably kicked about 8 between them.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 05:51:54 PM »
The younger one isn't THAT bad from what i saw today, i wouldn't be pushing Miller and co. to draft him, but, i wouldn't start letting off shotgun rounds if he was given a chance!

IIRC the saints never even gave him a game in 3 seasons, which may speak of his talent level, but to not even give him a chance in 3 seasons is a bit harsh IMO.

Yeah that is harsh but picking up a "good" outside midfielder from VFL isn't going to improve our senior side to match it with the top sides and take us to a flag. We need more AFL class at Tigerland.

There would be a riot at Punt Road Oval if we drafted another Houlihan  ;D. Especially if we make the finals this year. Deja vu 2001.

Just on outside midfielders Roachy is struggling big time going on today's game.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005, 09:32:44 PM »
 :lol :lol

As for Roach, yes, the kid is definetly falling behind the rest of our recruits, even Polo played better then him today.

Btw, Roach has never really been out a while with injury has he?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 10:34:16 PM »
I thought Hyde was excellent. He seemed a lot mre comfortable and confident with the head gear gone. Ran out of legs in the finally quarter but the ground was heavy especially through the mid-field.

I thought Hartigan was good and wouldn't be surprised if he gets the call up next week. He ran very well. Again the heaviness of the ground probably contributed to him looking a bit slow but I thought he was good and most importantly he got through the game unscathed.

It was a very disappointing result to be 10 points up in the final 10 minutes and then lose because they went defensive was very disappointing.

As for Josh Houlihan - he should not be drafted by the tigers. He had plenty of opportunities at the Saints but he didn't apply himself. He suffers from what his brother suffers from - sensational at VFL level and not deserving of an AFL spot. They have the ability but not the application.

I have to say I was surprised when they threw Schulz in the ruck
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)