Author Topic: Brian Lake  (Read 3389 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brian Lake
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
No Thanks, cost too much and we all know we need to rebuild

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »
No Thanks, cost too much and we all know we need to rebuild

We will still need some experienced players, gee I can't believe you all think we can rebuild a side from nothing, we need some older players to coach us on the field and Lake could fit the bill in the backline. I don't think he would cost that much.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 11:40:06 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he left as they have no room in the cap to pay him, even more of an issue if Aker stays on next year
I still don't think he's the right fit for us as he'll be retired before we're any good, we need to develop our own

It would be nice to have more to develop, maybe he could do 3 years with us helping the others like Rance, McGuane, Thursty and Moore to develop further.
Sorry I don't agree, he'd just be taking the position of one of our kids, we need to get them more games not protection.
Back when our defenders were 18-19 I could see the value of a mature body taking some of the big hits, but they are more developed now, they just need more time in the gym and more experiecnce. Lake could teach plenty, but he'd also hold players back by taking up a spot. Not the player we need, as much as I rate him.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 11:49:21 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he left as they have no room in the cap to pay him, even more of an issue if Aker stays on next year
I still don't think he's the right fit for us as he'll be retired before we're any good, we need to develop our own

It would be nice to have more to develop, maybe he could do 3 years with us helping the others like Rance, McGuane, Thursty and Moore to develop further.
Sorry I don't agree, he'd just be taking the position of one of our kids, we need to get them more games not protection.
Back when our defenders were 18-19 I could see the value of a mature body taking some of the big hits, but they are more developed now, they just need more time in the gym and more experiecnce. Lake could teach plenty, but he'd also hold players back by taking up a spot. Not the player we need, as much as I rate him.

That's a fair enough comment Infamy and I agree to some degree, but just one thing, what kids spot would he be taking? We don't have anyone that he would hold back IMO, our backline has really let us down this year. Even if we recruit a 18-19 year old defender they will be smashed in more ways than one back there because no one is willing to put their bodies on the line for their mates.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »
I think too much blame is put on our defence and not enough on our midfield and forwards.
I don't think any defence could have put up with the onslaught they had to this year, especially not one built around kids.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 11:56:23 PM »
I think too much blame is put on our defence and not enough on our midfield and forwards.
I don't think any defence could have put up with the onslaught they had to this year, especially not one built around kids.

And some people want to make it worse by getting rid of Foley and Riewoldt???

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:47 AM »
Couple decide to induce birth so star can play
Mark Stevens | September 01, 2009 12:00am

DOCTORS will on Wednesday induce the birth of Western Bulldog Brian Lake's girl, ensuring the star full-back will be available for the finals. Lake said he was looking forward to confronting Geelong at the MCG on Saturday and then welcoming the latest addition to his family home for Father's Day.

"I'm excited, but there's a bit of nerves as well," he said.

Lake's fiancee, Shannon O'Malley, was due to give birth on September 16, but after consultation with doctors the pair agreed to bring the birth at Freemason's Hospital forward.

"We had a baby boy Cohen born in 2007 two weeks premature, which didn't worry us because it was around Christmas time," Lake said.

"But with finals, and wanting to have Shannon's and my parents over, we thought it was a lot easier to do it a couple of weeks early and the doctor said it was fine.

"Obviously the idea was to do it mid-week because with footy finals I didn't want to be worried about it around Saturday or Sunday."

Lake and O'Malley, set to marry on New Year's Eve in Adelaide, found out the sex of the child several months ago.

"We wanted a girl and we wanted to get it out of the way and find out," Lake said.

The newborn will be O'Malley's third child, with one-year-old Cohen and eight-year-old Bailee looking forward to the next arrival.

Lake, 27, is on track for All-Australian selection and is one of the hottest footy stars.

He believes impending fatherhood has a positive impact on his performance.

"All through 2007, Shannon was pregnant and I ended up winning the best and fairest," Lake said.

"Now, with another baby coming, I'm playing footy as well. I might have to keep having kids."

Lake is out of contract at the end of the season and rival clubs are circling in the hope of luring him.

In 2000, Brisbane Lions star Daniel Bradshaw missed an MCG elimination final to be at the birth of his first child. The Lions lost.

Three years ago, Sydney Swan Darren Jolly vowed to miss the Grand Final to be at his pregnant wife's side but was spared the decision when his daughter arrived 48 hours before the bounce

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »
Are we really sure he is not worth it??? Not early picks or our best players but surely some late round picks and someone like Schulz......... yeah the Dog's will go for that.. :lol

"Rucks:

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »

Anyone thinkng Lake would help our backline is deluded.
We dont have the gut busting players to allow him to play his style at Tigerland

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »
Couple decide to induce birth so star can play
Mark Stevens | September 01, 2009 12:00am

Wish bloody Wirrpanda had decided to do that.  Bloody Wirrpanda, bloody pregnancy, bloody kids, bloody Dream Team.   :'( :'( :'(