Author Topic: Morton re-signed for two years.  (Read 1447 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Morton re-signed for two years.
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »
RICHMOND is poised to reward its leading goalkicker Mitch Morton with a new two-year contract extension.

The mid-sized forward will sign an improved deal next week on the back of a career-best season booting 41 goals from 21 games.

Morton, 22, has averaged slightly more than two goals a game for the Tigers since his move from West Coast in 2007.

He was one of the few shining lights in an otherwise dismal 2009 season and will be locked in to play a key forward role for new coach Damien Hardwick next season.

The club last week also re-signed vice-captain Nathan Foley, defender Will Thursfield and midfielder Andrew Collins.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,26003957-19742,00.html

:thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

bushranger

Re: Morton re-signed for two years.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:10:20 PM »
Pleased about Morton.
But I would love to see that we have resigned Deledio.
Or is he going to chase money with an ealier finals chance to with another team.
I remember Buckey done that and fell flat on his arse.
So if you know Deledio let him in on that one.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
Good news.

I'll be happier when Lids re-signs.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »
No news on Jacko?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:50:18 PM »
So glad we re-signed Collo.  :thumbsup Before his injury he was going great guns. I expect big things from him next year. I know its early days but I believe he could be our next Royce Hart. :pray

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »
FFS sign Deledio

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Morton wins Roach Medal (RFC)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
Morton wins Roach Medal
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg | Mon 31 August, 2009

Mitch Morton has become just the third player, apart from Matthew Richardson, to win Richmond’s leading goalkicker award in the past 16 years.

The ex-Eagle kicked one goal against his old side, in last Friday night’s Round 22 encounter at Subiaco Oval, to take his season’s tally to 41. Jack Riewoldt finished second on the Tigers’ goakicking list with 32 goals, and Robin Nahas was third with 21 goals.

Richardson, who missed the last 16 games of the ’09 season with a severe hamstring injury, had won the Michael Roach Medal (as Richmond’s leading goalkicker) a staggering 13 times in the previous 15 seasons.

Before this year, you had to go all the way back to 2000 to find another winner of the Roach Medal. That was when ‘Richo’ suffered a serious foot injury in the Round 3 clash with Fremantle, which sidelined him for the rest of the season. In Richo’s absence, Matthew Rogers stepped up, kicking 37 goals, to win the leading goalkicker award.

Five years earlier (1995), it was Nick Daffy, who topped the Tigers’ goalkicking table, with 45, after Richo ruptured the ACL in his left knee when he crashed into the fence during the Round 9 match against the Sydney Swans at the SCG.

Morton, who was recruited by Richmond from West Coast in exchange for draft pick 35 in the 2007 trading period, has kicked 76 goals in 38 games for the Tigers.

This season, he scored multiple goals 13 times, with a best return of five against the Eagles at Etihad Stadium in Round 12.

He failed to register a goal on only one occasion in ’09 – against the Swans at the SCG in Round 6.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/83894/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 10:56:10 PM »
Well done Morton but Lids is the main re-sign we need.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

bushranger

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
Well done Morton but Lids is the main re-sign we need.
I couldn't agree more. I just hope he has still got the passion to want to play for us.
I think if he moves on he will be shootting himself in the foot.
And I don't understand why he is taking so long to resign.