Author Topic: Possible Trade  (Read 1819 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Possible Trade
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »
I don't want Simmonds to stay just cause our rucks are too young.

Troy Simmonds for Mark Blake

at worst atleast we get a ruckman that can take the load off Graham and Vickory while they develop.

Orginally I thought Simmonds would just be delisted but my Gleeong mate says Blakes currency at Geelong is pretty week and could be 4th ruck nest year. The need another forward to keep Premiership tilt up. Simmonds in goal square would do ok, and as a Geelong resident and member he'd agree to the deal.

Thoughts?
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Possible Trade
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »
He also said he was spewing about Prismal going through the PSD and Geelong would rather trade for something less his currency then let him go in PSD.
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
simmo may attract a little interest, I reckon thats why we haven't devalued him by a public delistment...dunno about Cats...Hawthorn maybe...he's fit which is a good start
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »
He also said he was spewing about Prismal going through the PSD and Geelong would rather trade for something less his currency then let him go in PSD.

Prismall didn't go to the Dons through the PSD, the Dons traded somewhere around pick 40 for him. ???
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 02:03:09 PM »
Ah ok well they wanted Lovett for Prismall but ended up trading for pick 39. Cause he was going to go PSD Draft. So they have a history of making sure they get something instead of nothing.
Go Tigers!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 02:13:38 PM »
No Thanks, develop our own through the pick we get for him. Browne will come on as well .

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
No Thanks, develop our own through the pick we get for him. Browne will come on as well .
Agree camboon. Blake is another Knobel albeit not injury prone. A tap ruckman and that's all.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
Blake is a donkey, carried by a good team that makes him look far better than he is. Not a move we should make if we're serious about building a decent team.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
Blake is no better than Seaby for mine although Seaby is more versatile, when I suggested he come to the club no one agreed, same as Lake, everyone thinks we need to build this club with 18-22 year olds. But people listen up, there is not a heap of talented players of that age out there.

If we are moving forward then forget Blake as he is just another oversized tap ruckman no better than Graham. We are going to trade with other clubs this year I hope and I hope we don't go in there blinkered trading for picks only.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »
Blake is no better than Seaby for mine although Seaby is more versatile, when I suggested he come to the club no one agreed, same as Lake, everyone thinks we need to build this club with 18-22 year olds. But people listen up, there is not a heap of talented players of that age out there.

If we are moving forward then forget Blake as he is just another oversized tap ruckman no better than Graham. We are going to trade with other clubs this year I hope and I hope we don't go in there blinkered trading for picks only.

people said that last year and look how that draft ended up.

rejects from other clubs and throwing away draft picks is why we are in the position we are in as a football club

recruit youth only and spend money in developing them. How you would not rather that option is beyond me.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

people said that last year and look how that draft ended up.

rejects from other clubs and throwing away draft picks is why we are in the position we are in as a football club

recruit youth only and spend money in developing them. How you would not rather that option is beyond me.

I did not say trade away our draft picks, I was trying to say that trading some of our players for better prospects COULD be better than trading players for picks 79. 86 & 102 for players that will never work out. It's all a big gamble either way.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tugga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »
lol Simmonds has no trade currency at all.
We will rise again and when we do, they will know.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 09:45:54 PM »
I'd do it if it was Simmonds for Mumford.