Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 940313 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2235 on: September 16, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »
We will never know the full truth al and unfair to speculate but given the help the club has given him would have thought that the club deserved better from him. What you want and what you get is two entirely different things. Club needs to manouevure and ensure it gets the best deal for itself and to use a Martin term "pursue its interests".

Rather than be vitriolic and waste my time he has gone and I'll invest my time to the bloke that replaces him on the list and his 41 other mates.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2236 on: September 16, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
Can dusty opt for the PSD and we don't get an opportunity to trade him?

Or can he only go PSD if we can't get a trade?

Get the best deal. If GWS won't deal then somebody else will.

Must move heaven and earth to try to get pick 1 now.

Martin can F off and stay away from the B&F. They should scrap his votes and not sit with him at the Brownlow too if he goes (pussy probably won't). Treat him with utter contempt from now.

can only go to PSD if trade is not struck....the only way a player can go straight into PSD if they've been at a club for less than 7 years is if they get delisted or they delist themselves and club doesn't want them

In that case he'll never make it to the PSD. We'll get something for him

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2237 on: September 16, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
Martin is 22 - born Age:  June 26, 1991 

if we lose him for free ala Luke Ball that'd be shyte

tony_montana

« Reply #2238 on: September 16, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »
One minute this guy is a hero, now he's a loose cannon and you're all glad he is "quitting". I hope he stays and you all look like stuffwits. Well most of you already do regardless

not me. i think we will take a back step next year. the guy is a proven match winner and unless we obtain a deal like Al has suggested we will be worse off.

i think we have failed somewhere along the lines here. No one really knows for a fact its only go to do with money because 500k or 550 is not much difference and i cant see GWS offering north of that.
It could very well be more than money.

Id say he was not happy about being told not to hang around with connors.
What was the "jailhouse" salute all about?
was it a reference to feeling to constrained at richmond due to team rules?
just how involved with bikies is he? it was mentioned the other day that his old man is one. his old man often rings kingy to check on things and he himself is mates with a bikie clown himself. perhaps the club saying such people not being welcome was the last straw for him?

not saying this is the case, just spraying a bit of fuel around the fire.

probably not far off the mark

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2239 on: September 16, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

A "cheerio" to one of his Dad's mates in jail

And BTW the Age now reporting he hasn't quit per se but told the Club he is looking at other options and this means he "may leave Richmond"

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #2240 on: September 16, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
Bikies built this club. If the RFC has turned their back on them, they need to have a good hard look at themselves. Disgraceful.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2241 on: September 16, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »
No need for guesssing what the lead story on AFL360, Footy Classified and Talking Footy is going to be tonight  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #2242 on: September 16, 2013, 01:41:04 PM »
With Martin officially on the table maybe we'll get some serious offers. If several clubs are keen we might get something juicy and he might accept one of them meaning he won't have to go somewhere he really really doesn't want to go.

If we couldn't get pick 1 if be keen on Patton especially if we could work something out on top for Adams too.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2243 on: September 16, 2013, 01:41:14 PM »

A "cheerio" to one of his Dad's mates in jail

And BTW the Age now reporting he hasn't quit per se but told the Club he is looking at other options and this means he "may leave Richmond"

Apt we gave him number 4 just like Geoff Raines all those years ago after a finals loss he may end up at Collingwood.
Next year I'm hoping the club give Titch number 4. :lol :rollin :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #2244 on: September 16, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »
Can someone clarify for me what are our trading rights regarding an out of contract player like Martin? Do we get a compo pick or do we have to try and match other offers or can he just walk to whoever gives him the coin with nothing for us or is this the case only if he slips to the PSD?

He hasn't been playing at the club long enough to be a free agent or even a restricted free agent so he cant just walk to the club of his choice like Buddy can for more money. 

As it is, we have given him an offer that is lower than he's willing to accept and thus wants to go elsewhere for more $$. Once he finds the club opf choice its up to us to try and make a trade work with that club. If we fail to come to a resolution he can walk to the PSD and we get nada and he may end up at the club he doesn't want to go to.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2245 on: September 16, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
With Martin officially on the table maybe we'll get some serious offers. If several clubs are keen we might get something juicy and he might accept one of them meaning he won't have to go somewhere he really really doesn't want to go.

If we couldn't get pick 1 if be keen on Patton especially if we could work something out on top for Adams too.

How bad is Patton's knee? How has his rehab gone? Find it fishy they are willing to give up a pick 1 unless they think Boyd will be better. We need to tread carefully too and not just accept an offer on a horses for courses basis. We need to look into getting what we need in return.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2246 on: September 16, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
Just heard on the radio the ferals are starting to gather at Punt Road ala the Ben Cousins night, gonna try and force the club to sign him  ;D

Ahh Tigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2247 on: September 16, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »
From the Age:
==================

Dustin Martin open to offers
DateSeptember 16, 2013 2119
Michael Gleeson
Sports Writer for The Age

Richmond midfielder Dustin Martin has told the club he wants to chase a better deal somewhere else and may quit the club.

The Tigers expressed their extreme disappointment in the midfielder’s decision, pointedly observing how much help they had given him off the field and the lengths they had gone to keep him.

Martin informed the club Monday he intended to "pursue other opportunities". He is out of contract but is not a free agent.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dustin-martin-open-to-offers-20130916-2tu2q.html#ixzz2f1YeDukW

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2248 on: September 16, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
From the Age:
==================

Dustin Martin open to offers
DateSeptember 16, 2013 2119
Michael Gleeson
Sports Writer for The Age

Richmond midfielder Dustin Martin has told the club he wants to chase a better deal somewhere else and may quit the club.

The Tigers expressed their extreme disappointment in the midfielder’s decision, pointedly observing how much help they had given him off the field and the lengths they had gone to keep him.

Martin informed the club Monday he intended to "pursue other opportunities". He is out of contract but is not a free agent.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dustin-martin-open-to-offers-20130916-2tu2q.html#ixzz2f1YeDukW
I just finished talking to a friend about this too!
AFL website says he has quit while the Age says he may quit.

Still seems bad to me. I guess technically he can't quit since he is not a free agent and still can be traded. Quitting will entail nominating for the ND and/or PSD.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2249 on: September 16, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
Whats the old saying, who wants a player who is looking at being somewhere else. If he doesn't want to be with the Tigers then we really shouldn't want him. I have watched dusty closely all season and there was a real lull in his performance between rounds 8-15 and after that you could tell he was playing for currency value as the next 3 rounds he had 3 x 30+ disposal games in a row. I think this was the time he realised he had to pull his finger out if he was going to be able to demand the big bucks somewhere else.

If he wants to move on then good luck to him but I certainly don't want a player at our club who would actually prefer to be somewhere else. I just hope we can get a suitable replacement (ala Adams) to fill his place.