Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 940272 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2220 on: September 16, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »
The B&F on the 30th Sept will be interesting if he shows up  ;D

Should not let him near the place

Disagree a great test of character

Do you face those you've let down like a man

Or do you do the cowardly thing and stay away

Stay away. That night is not about Dustbin Matin it's for players who are committed to the club. Couldn't give a poo if he is a man or a coward. He can prove his manliness somewhere else and not use the RFC any more.

Going to be a great thing for the club. No more lose cannon and we're going to use whatever compensation we get very well.
Disagree. The leadership group should shovel as much alcohol as humanly possible down his throat and encourage him to do stupid things after the event.  :whistle

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2221 on: September 16, 2013, 01:21:01 PM »
Noticed him uploading a picture of watching his old mate Daniel playing footy the other day. Perhaps he is sick of richmond controlling his social life too much ? ie not being able to see connors.

He'll fit in at the Carringbush. Will join Swanny and co replacing Didak in the rat pack.
Straight swap. Martin for Thomas and the Pies first round pick too. I'm effin dreamin. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2222 on: September 16, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »
Can dusty opt for the PSD and we don't get an opportunity to trade him?

Or can he only go PSD if we can't get a trade?

Get the best deal. If GWS won't deal then somebody else will.

Must move heaven and earth to try to get pick 1 now.

Martin can F off and stay away from the B&F. They should scrap his votes and not sit with him at the Brownlow too if he goes (pussy probably won't). Treat him with utter contempt from now.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2223 on: September 16, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
Interestingly on the radio they were talking yesterday how none of the other clubs are all that keen. Wouldn't it be funny if he had no where to go. We can offer him 50k  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2224 on: September 16, 2013, 01:23:32 PM »

Stay away. That night is not about Dustbin Matin it's for players who are committed to the club. Couldn't give a poo if he is a man or a coward. He can prove his manliness somewhere else and not use the RFC any more.

Going to be a great thing for the club. No more lose cannon and we're going to use whatever compensation we get very well.
Disagree. The leadership group should shovel as much alcohol as humanly possible down his throat and encourage him to do stupid things after the event.  :whistle

He'll be at the Rihanna concert. He is walking out without looking back to see if the door is closed behind him. That's fine life goes on for both parties.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2225 on: September 16, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »
One minute this guy is a hero, now he's a loose cannon and you're all glad he is "quitting". I hope he stays and you all look like stuffwits. Well most of you already do regardless
Cannot see that happening now, so send him where the $ are and try get the best possible return we can. IF he wants out (reported he does) then the RFC needs to ensure they get the most they can for him.

Good on the club for sticking to their payment strategy (which should allow us to target free agents in future). No 1 player is bigger than the club. Yes it will hurt to lose Martin, but long term it will be a gain (not paying overs for anyone).

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2226 on: September 16, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »
The club needs to keep their mouth shut and show some class. Not mention anything about his off field issues. Like a proxy marriage you get what you are given. All parties benefit but like a father n law walking his daughter down the aisle she's yours and you inherit her DD's and any flaws she has in her character.As I said next.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2227 on: September 16, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »

He'll be at the Rihanna concert. He is walking out without looking back to see if the door is closed behind him. That's fine life goes on for both parties.
:lol what a sissy. He's replaceable at his current level. Just have to cross everything he never fulfils his potential.  :whistle

gerkin greg

« Reply #2228 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:14 PM »
If only Craig Cameron were here. Then we could trade him to Port for pick 48 and Matt Thomas and most here would consider it a masterstroke.

Craig would never have allowed this. Dusty would be sporting a bowl cut and sitting on 800 large.

Offline tigerwoods

• Future Richmond star
  • beware the sleeping giant
« Reply #2229 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »
Can dusty opt for the PSD and we don't get an opportunity to trade him?

Or can he only go PSD if we can't get a trade?

Get the best deal. If GWS won't deal then somebody else will.

Must move heaven and earth to try to get pick 1 now.

Martin can F off and stay away from the B&F. They should scrap his votes and not sit with him at the Brownlow too if he goes (pussy probably won't). Treat him with utter contempt from now.

can only go to PSD if trade is not struck....the only way a player can go straight into PSD if they've been at a club for less than 7 years is if they get delisted or they delist themselves and club doesn't want them

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2230 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
One minute this guy is a hero, now he's a loose cannon and you're all glad he is "quitting". I hope he stays and you all look like stuffwits. Well most of you already do regardless

not me. i think we will take a back step next year. the guy is a proven match winner and unless we obtain a deal like Al has suggested we will be worse off.

i think we have failed somewhere along the lines here. No one really knows for a fact its only go to do with money because 500k or 550 is not much difference and i cant see GWS offering north of that.
It could very well be more than money.

Id say he was not happy about being told not to hang around with connors.
What was the "jailhouse" salute all about?
was it a reference to feeling to constrained at richmond due to team rules?
just how involved with bikies is he? it was mentioned the other day that his old man is one. his old man often rings kingy to check on things and he himself is mates with a bikie clown himself. perhaps the club saying such people not being welcome was the last straw for him?

not saying this is the case, just spraying a bit of fuel around the fire.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2231 on: September 16, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »

not me. i think we will take a back step next year. the guy is a proven match winner and unless we obtain a deal like Al has suggested we will be worse off.

i think we have failed somewhere along the lines here. No one really knows for a fact its only go to do with money because 500k or 550 is not much difference and i cant see GWS offering north of that.
It could very well be more than money.

Id say he was not happy about being told not to hang around with connors.
What was the "jailhouse" salute all about?
was it a reference to feeling to constrained at richmond due to team rules?

just how involved with bikies is he? it was mentioned the other day that his old man is one. his old man often rings kingy to check on things and he himself is mates with a bikie clown himself. perhaps the club saying such people not being welcome was the last straw for him?

not saying this is the case, just spraying a bit of fuel around the fire.

dont think he is that smart, really

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2232 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
I'd speculate that seeing the RFC website has posted an article about it, that he has an offer in front of him from another club for more than we will pay. Would imagine the club that has made the offer will be known sooner rather than later.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2233 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »
Can someone clarify for me what are our trading rights regarding an out of contract player like Martin? Do we get a compo pick or do we have to try and match other offers or can he just walk to whoever gives him the coin with nothing for us or is this the case only if he slips to the PSD?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2234 on: September 16, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »
no compo from what i understand.

we deal with all clubs now or he could nominate the GWS then we are royally screwed as they can take him for free.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.