Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1077036 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2625 on: September 20, 2013, 09:02:34 AM »

This says it all for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6gdMPwiM_E

great Video WOW this lad has it all, what a excellent footballer. Think we need to put the offer back on the table with some more underneath it. Got to keep this lad. the upper body strength to push big bodied players of is awesome.  :gotigers

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2626 on: September 20, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
If Dusty signs now, has the player group lost respect for him over this debacle?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2627 on: September 20, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
If Dusty signs now, has the player group lost respect for him over this debacle?

l wouldn't think so considering it's normal for player managers to shop around for the best offer. The manager gets a bigger cut & only thinking of himself really. Carr would not care who Dusty plays for. his just another $$$ maker like anybody on this planet. In fact his doing his job by getting players more money regardless of how much but he aint got any friends in the ruthless business. l can see a Brereton / Yates clash coming  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2628 on: September 20, 2013, 09:37:08 AM »

Ive also never once heard us stick up for him like SOS did, things like that have an impact on young impressionable kids' personas.

Gee, I reckon the club had nothing but good things to say 12 months ago when all the rumours were swirling about another off-field misadventure.  Hardwick in particular got stuck into the press and the club as a whole couldn't have done or said more to 'have Martin's back' than it did then.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2629 on: September 20, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »

I think many Richmond fans will see martin as a mega flog

Regardless if be stays or goes

Good footballer, no doubt

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2630 on: September 20, 2013, 10:17:33 AM »

Ive also never once heard us stick up for him like SOS did, things like that have an impact on young impressionable kids' personas.

Gee, I reckon the club had nothing but good things to say 12 months ago when all the rumours were swirling about another off-field misadventure.  Hardwick in particular got stuck into the press and the club as a whole couldn't have done or said more to 'have Martin's back' than it did then.

I would think the club constantly coming out and saying there was no truth in the rumours that have swirled around the kid over time is a pretty strong statement of support.

As Smokey said when Dimma came out earlier this year and described the rumour mongering as being "un Australian" I think that was a massive show of support.

How much do you want them to do?

The media are the ones that have made a fair whack of the off field stuff into a story, not the club.

Would also think the old adage of "actions speaking louder than words" applies in this case as well.

The Club has done alot for this young man. I think there is a lot of things that have been done that we don't know about and quite frankly that's the way it should be.

So I don't think we needed a running commentary on what they've done. The fact that we didn't get one was IMV more to do with what was in  Dusty's best interests rather than a daily update of "what we're doing for Dusty" which wouldn't have been

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:10:59 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2631 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
We should have done more WP

WE SHOULD have allowed dusty to live at the president s house. The captians house. Got our assistant coach to help him pay his phone bills

Oh wait :-\

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2632 on: September 20, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »

I think many Richmond fans will see martin as a mega flog

Regardless if be stays or goes

Good footballer, no doubt

Agree if he keeps the manager

But give the manager the flick and all will be forgiven pretty quickly  ;D

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2633 on: September 20, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »

Agree mate , but I think the problem will be that if he signs a two year deal with us that halfway through 2015 we'll be going through the same crap with him again if he hasn't ditched racoon head.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2634 on: September 20, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »
The re-signing of Reece Conca by Richmond until at least until the end of 2016 will tighten up the Tigers' salary cap, Eddie McGuire said on Friday.

"They needed to get them on the right figures to get both of those players (Conca and Dustin Martin) in and Martin's figures that he was asking for was going to knock Conca out," McGuire said on Triple M.

"The fact Richmond have said 'we're going to get on with what we're doing', means that the squeeze is being applied."

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/9/dustin-martin-set-to-leave-richmond/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2635 on: September 20, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »

Agree mate , but I think the problem will be that if he signs a two year deal with us that halfway through 2015 we'll be going through the same crap with him again if he hasn't ditched racoon head.

If Dusty is still at Richmond, I doubt Racoon Piece will still be his manager

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2636 on: September 20, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
The re-signing of Reece Conca by Richmond until at least until the end of 2016 will tighten up the Tigers' salary cap, Eddie McGuire said on Friday.

"They needed to get them on the right figures to get both of those players (Conca and Dustin Martin) in and Martin's figures that he was asking for was going to knock Conca out," McGuire said on Triple M.

"The fact Richmond have said 'we're going to get on with what we're doing', means that the squeeze is being applied."

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/9/dustin-martin-set-to-leave-richmond/

Understand what Eddie is saying and in part agree

But what Eddie fails to mention is we still have a number of others still not re-signed.

So if the RFC wanted to and I am not saying I think they should or would but if they wanted to find more $$ for Martin they could make a call to de-list one of the borderline players (aka list cloggers  ;D) they were considering keeping for another 12 months and use part of that salary to "up" the offer to Martin. Then use the difference in $$ at the draft table where the contract $$ you are required to pay are alot less

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2637 on: September 20, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
If Dusty is still at Richmond, I doubt Racoon Piece will still be his manager

True. It's untenable. Tiges won't wanna deal with any player who has this knob as their manager I'd imagine.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2638 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
Barrett in his 'Sliding Doors' article today:

IF .................. Dusty isn’t at Punt Rd in 2014 …

THEN .............. hundreds and hundreds of man-hours will be freed up and able to be redistributed into other areas of player welfare.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-20/sliding-doors-finals-week-three

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2639 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
 :lol how's the rat cam working?
I'm also impressed with the hard questions being asked by your apprentice,  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S