Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132138 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal
« Reply #900 on: September 10, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
Thursfield is not bad

he is just a stopper like presti no more no less just not as good as presti and never will be
presti has better genes

Ramps

« Reply #901 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
the 2004 draft is something we should try and forget. Only Deledio is a star. Tambling= Average, Meyer and Pattison= long gone, Polo= will be delisted this year and McGuane could be traded.

dont write blingers off yet

next yr this time u will all be kneeling for him and begging for his man juice

thats shocking X, I thought you were an intellectual of OER, Im disappointed that you can write this type of trash :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #902 on: September 10, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
Thursfield is not bad

he is just a stopper like presti no more no less just not as good as presti and never will be
presti has better genes

There is still room for a pure full back in the game IMO. Thursty is fast and good at punching the ball.I rate him higher than McGaune, and he is a good 4 years younger than Moore.He had a knee reco when he was playing very well on st kilda captian a few years ago which was not going to help. Thursfeild, Tambling, Deledio is not too bad a result from 2004 if the first two can continue to develop. Mitch Morton was rated as a top 10 pick in th draft pool but went to WCE F/S

other clubs did not do that well out of the 2004 draft;

2 31 Jarred Moore Dandenong Stingrays Sydney Swans
3 47 David Spriggs Geelong Sydney Swans
4 61 Heath James Sydney Swans Sydney Swans

3 49 Mark McGough Collingwood St Kilda
1 17 Andrew McQualter Gippsland Power St. Kilda
2 33 Cain Ackland Port Adelaide Football Club St. Kilda
4 63 James Gwilt Noble Park Football Club St. Kilda

1 11 Adam Thomson Sturt Football Club Port Adelaide
1 19 Ryan Willits Northern Knights Port Adelaide
2 34 James Ezard Calder Cannons Port Adelaide
2 35 Fabian Deluca Eastern Ranges Port Adelaide
3 51 Ben Eckermann Sturt Football Club Port Adelaide

4 58 Brad Moran Southport Sharks Kangaroos
5 68 Ben Schwarze Port Melbourne Football Club Kangaroos
6 74 Daniel Pratt Brisbane Lions (rookie list) Kangaroos

1 10 Chris Egan Murray Bushrangers Collingwood
2 23 Sean Rusling West Adelaide Football Club Collingwood
3 39 (F/S) Travis Cloke Eastern Ranges Collingwood
4 55 Adam Iacobucci Calder Cannons Collingwood
5 66 Pass  Collingwood

etc. Richmond should have used the rookie draft more. I don't think the club had the $$
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:17:25 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #903 on: September 10, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Thursfield is not bad

presti has better genes
Presti has still managed to play 233 games over 15 seasons, not bad for a stopper

TigerTimeII

« Reply #904 on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »
Thursfield is not bad

presti has better genes
Presti has still managed to play 233 games over 15 seasons, not bad for a stopper

presti is a damn good stopper, one of the best
thursty is just a stopper , average at best

TigerTimeII

« Reply #905 on: September 10, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
the 2004 draft is something we should try and forget. Only Deledio is a star. Tambling= Average, Meyer and Pattison= long gone, Polo= will be delisted this year and McGuane could be traded.

dont write blingers off yet

next yr this time u will all be kneeling for him and begging for his man juice

ramps, next year u will say, x u were right
and i will receive my next honorary degree lol

thats shocking X, I thought you were an intellectual of OER, Im disappointed that you can write this type of trash :lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #906 on: September 10, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »
Thursfield is not bad

presti has better genes

Did you rate Presti as good back when he was only 22-23 years of age?
I doubt it

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #907 on: September 11, 2010, 02:04:37 AM »
Thursty is 24 and still hasn't cemented his spot. I'm interested in seeing if we can trade him for anything decent

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #908 on: September 11, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »
Thursfield is not bad

presti has better genes

I doubt it

Interesting comment Infamy so I thought I would have a look at some comparative stats.  I took it at the end of 5 years development, not counting Will's year missed with his knee (1 game of a few minutes only), so after 5 full years of development each:

Thursfield - 245 kicks (3.7), 359 handballs (5.4), 197 marks (2.9), 89 tackles (1.3), 0 goals, 4 points.
Prestigiacomo - 322 kicks (4.7), 221 handballs (3.2), 129 marks (1.9), 48 tackles (0.7), 2 goals, 0 points.

That would tend to indicate that Will might be a better player than Presti was at the same point, not taking into account the relative roles in the team that each player was given early on.  Probably 2 main areas that would be of some concern for Will is that he is 11kgs lighter and 2cm shorter so where Presti can match a heavier, slightly taller opponent (~95kg, 195cm) Will would most likely struggle as he is giving away too much weight and height.  The weight he can probably do something about but he's not going to get any taller so it might limit how many players he can play on as a spoiler - Presti has no such restrictions really.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #909 on: September 11, 2010, 10:07:01 AM »
Statistically wise theres not a real lot between them is there? As for the height, I don't believe that 2cm is a real lot as such. It's a pity they don't give us one stat that is used in boxing - that is reach. Look at troy taylors arms. His extra reach allows him to play taller
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #910 on: September 11, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
Thursfield is not bad

presti has better genes

I doubt it

Interesting comment Infamy so I thought I would have a look at some comparative stats.  I took it at the end of 5 years development, not counting Will's year missed with his knee (1 game of a few minutes only), so after 5 full years of development each:

Thursfield - 245 kicks (3.7), 359 handballs (5.4), 197 marks (2.9), 89 tackles (1.3), 0 goals, 4 points.
Prestigiacomo - 322 kicks (4.7), 221 handballs (3.2), 129 marks (1.9), 48 tackles (0.7), 2 goals, 0 points.

That would tend to indicate that Will might be a better player than Presti was at the same point, not taking into account the relative roles in the team that each player was given early on.  Probably 2 main areas that would be of some concern for Will is that he is 11kgs lighter and 2cm shorter so where Presti can match a heavier, slightly taller opponent (~95kg, 195cm) Will would most likely struggle as he is giving away too much weight and height.  The weight he can probably do something about but he's not going to get any taller so it might limit how many players he can play on as a spoiler - Presti has no such restrictions really.
Comparing kicks and marks and goals between 2 STOPPERS is irrelevant, it's the goals they have had kicked on them that really counts. I cannot remember Presti back at Wills age but if Will turns out as good as Presti has, Richmond supporters will be very happy. Presti has been awesome at what he does. No question!!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #911 on: September 11, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »
I feel sorry for the kid and the tiger fans who bronxed cheered him this year were pretty embarrassing, in my eyes. However, its been 4 and a half years of excuses and poor performances with Tambo, and only half a season of good footy. We wont trade him (he just signed a new contract), but i would take almost anything for him.
If he does go, i hope he does well at another club.
Sorry Willy but he deservrd everything he got that day, it takes a lot for Tiger supporters to turn on our own but this clown (and when i say clown i mean it literally the way he fummbles the balls so much) needs to be shown the door. Forget about what number he was drafted and admit we made a MASSIVE mistake and move him on. He is JON only about 7 games better. Would take a Mars Bar and a can of coke for him at the trade table. And enjoy them both more than i have watching Bozzo.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #912 on: September 11, 2010, 10:58:32 AM »
Statistically wise theres not a real lot between them is there? As for the height, I don't believe that 2cm is a real lot as such. It's a pity they don't give us one stat that is used in boxing - that is reach. Look at troy taylors arms. His extra reach allows him to play taller

The only thing with the height Al is that Thursty is already giving away 2cm so where Presti is 193cm and can theoretically (and has proven in reality) 'match' an opponent of 195-6cm, Will gives the same player about 4-5cm head start and that is a fair bit, especially when the reach difference would be generally relative at those heights.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #913 on: September 11, 2010, 11:12:43 AM »

Interesting comment Infamy so I thought I would have a look at some comparative stats.  I took it at the end of 5 years development, not counting Will's year missed with his knee (1 game of a few minutes only), so after 5 full years of development each:

That would tend to indicate that Will might be a better player than Presti was at the same point, not taking into account the relative roles in the team that each player was given early on.  Probably 2 main areas that would be of some concern for Will is that he is 11kgs lighter and 2cm shorter so where Presti can match a heavier, slightly taller opponent (~95kg, 195cm) Will would most likely struggle as he is giving away too much weight and height.  The weight he can probably do something about but he's not going to get any taller so it might limit how many players he can play on as a spoiler - Presti has no such restrictions really.
Comparing kicks and marks and goals between 2 STOPPERS is irrelevant, it's the goals they have had kicked on them that really counts. I cannot remember Presti back at Wills age but if Will turns out as good as Presti has, Richmond supporters will be very happy. Presti has been awesome at what he does. No question!!

It's not irrelevant, its just not the complete picture but given that the stats allowing us to make a completely subjective and accurate comparison don't exist then it was only ever an exercise for interests sake.  You could reasonably draw a conclusion that given both players played the majority of full seasons in the last 3 of the 5 I used to compare, then both must have been doing a fair job in their respective team roles.  STOPPERS (accentuated because for some reason it seems to matter) cannot afford to only be STOPPERS - they must remain involved in the team play in many ways such as link man, 3rd man in the contest, filling space etc etc and that's why the stats only provide a small measure of insight into the relative value of each (and why I said "not taking into account the relative roles in the team that each player was given early on" in my original post).  When he was younger, Presti was an honest toiler who no-one would ever have placed much money on playing so many games or having such value to his team - he seemed to develop slowly and under the radar until it gradually became obvious that he was a good player and integral to his team's success.  And I agree 100% that if Will becomes as good a player as Presti then we will be very happy campers - I just think he is behind the eight ball with regards to his build.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #914 on: September 11, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »

Interesting comment Infamy so I thought I would have a look at some comparative stats.  I took it at the end of 5 years development, not counting Will's year missed with his knee (1 game of a few minutes only), so after 5 full years of development each:

That would tend to indicate that Will might be a better player than Presti was at the same point, not taking into account the relative roles in the team that each player was given early on.  Probably 2 main areas that would be of some concern for Will is that he is 11kgs lighter and 2cm shorter so where Presti can match a heavier, slightly taller opponent (~95kg, 195cm) Will would most likely struggle as he is giving away too much weight and height.  The weight he can probably do something about but he's not going to get any taller so it might limit how many players he can play on as a spoiler - Presti has no such restrictions really.

It's not irrelevant, its just not the complete picture but given that the stats allowing us to make a completely subjective and accurate comparison don't exist then it was only ever an exercise for interests sake.  You could reasonably draw a conclusion that given both players played the majority of full seasons in the last 3 of the 5 I used to compare, then both must have been doing a fair job in their respective team roles.  STOPPERS (accentuated because for some reason it seems to matter) cannot afford to only be STOPPERS - they must remain involved in the team play in many ways such as link man, 3rd man in the contest, filling space etc etc and that's why the stats only provide a small measure of insight into the relative value of each (and why I said "not taking into account the relative roles in the team that each player was given early on" in my original post).  When he was younger, Presti was an honest toiler who no-one would ever have placed much money on playing so many games or having such value to his team - he seemed to develop slowly and under the radar until it gradually became obvious that he was a good player and integral to his team's success.  And I agree 100% that if Will becomes as good a player as Presti then we will be very happy campers - I just think he is behind the eight ball with regards to his build.
Totally agree Smokey, need to put on some size or he will get left behind.