Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2010  (Read 36277 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2010
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »
We shouldn't be apathetic about this as fans, and just put up with it.
The AFL could stop this without tampering with the rules per se. They just need to cut down the size of the interchange bench, and the number of rotations per game.
Submit a comment to the Herald-Sun online,suggesting this.
I did.
We put up with a lot of rubbish as fans,with unwanted expansion,salary cap rorting,tanking, inequitable fixtures and lack of free-to-air games. And mostly we feel powerless as individuals to stop them.
But if enough people express their disgust,then the AFL would have to sit up and take notice.
COME ON! don't let creeps like Ross Lyon and Mick Malthouse ruin our game!   

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
Would anyone here like Richmond to play like the Saints?

In two weeks they've scored 44 and 49 for a win and a loss.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »

Last year they beat us by 56 points 92-36 after we lead 15-3 at quarter time. It doesn't matter who they play.
It's shocking football and is a blight to the fast paced exciting high marking game we have grown up with. With Geelong emerging as the champion team from those few years of Sydney dominance of tight temp 18 men behind the ball footy I thought we were now free of this crap style of play. A flag win to St KIlda will only give credibility to them and may force other clubs to adopt a similar type of game resulting in matches where if a side kicks 10 goaks they have kicked the sweep. If this means Geelong wins another flag or Brisbane or even the Doggies over St KIlda because they play attacking footy I'll take it.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2010, 10:59:39 PM »

Yep.  Wouldn't bother me.  I haven't been alive long enough to remember the free flowing footy of the 80s and early 90s all that well to compare it with, and I seem one of the few that didn't mind the hard slog and strategy of Friday's game. St Kilda did what they had to for a bit over a half going on back-to-back six day breaks before using all the energy they had to get over the line.  Would much rather watch that than a game where the game is over at half as a team is up by 8 goals.

Then again I also like watching the two sports that this sort of gameplan was based on (soccer/basketball).
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2010, 11:35:23 PM »
Hawks are the team under pressure now. Kept scoreless in the last quarter by the Bombers.
Under the final 8 system no team has made the finals after being 1-5 after 6 games.
Hawks have won 10 from 28 since winning the flag. Something is not right there. :shh

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2010, 09:06:09 AM »

Yep.  Wouldn't bother me.  I haven't been alive long enough to remember the free flowing footy of the 80s and early 90s all that well to compare it with, and I seem one of the few that didn't mind the hard slog and strategy of Friday's game. St Kilda did what they had to for a bit over a half going on back-to-back six day breaks before using all the energy they had to get over the line.  Would much rather watch that than a game where the game is over at half as a team is up by 8 goals.

Then again I also like watching the two sports that this sort of gameplan was based on (soccer/basketball).

Well it bothers me. I'd rather watch paint dry than teams kicking backwards and sideways all night long. I wish people would get off their bums and inundate talkback radio and newspaper forums with disgust at the rubbish St.Kilda play,until the AFL's forced to deal with it.
By the way, basketball, rugby and soccer suck too ;D

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »
Saints should be ashamed of themselves as one of the top sides and presenting that sort of crap on display

I would rather watch our cubs getting flogged but at least playing attacking football rather then that pee week slop

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »

Well it bothers me. I'd rather watch paint dry than teams kicking backwards and sideways all night long. I wish people would get off their bums and inundate talkback radio and newspaper forums with disgust at the rubbish St.Kilda play,until the AFL's forced to deal with it.
By the way, basketball, rugby and soccer suck too ;D

And there we are.

NBA playoffs, FIFA world cup and the AFL all going at different times for the next few months.  Great time to be a sports fan.  :thumbsup  ;D

We can agree on Rugby though.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »
Freo are flying. Good on em. Thats what good recruiting does to a team.

Alex Silvagni 7 tackles today. Its stats like that that have brought Freo to new levels.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »
Every year a team from outside the top 8 from the previous year jumps into the top 4 and surprises everyone. Looks like it is Freo this season so far. Next two weeks will say alot about their character. Brissy at the Gabba and Skunks at Subiaco.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »
demons another close lose for them.
scully had a blinda tonight.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2010, 10:27:42 PM »
Dogs were very very lucky. Kicked 2 goals very late to snatch victory in much the same way they lost last week.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »
No one is teaching Scully how to play.
No one is teaching Trengove how to play.
These kids are just natural talents to begin with.
We need to find players who don't need to be instructed by ageing former superstars but can play already and forge their OWN way.

The Dees have done extremely well in securing both these boys.
They have an extraordinary amount of football talent on their list. :-[

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »
They certainly do MM. Gysberts and Blease still yet to debut. Morton, Jurrah and Strauss all out of the side who are 200+ game players for the club.

Dees have gone through hell to get them mind you. And Scully and Trengove are class acts as any picks 1 and 2.

Its a proven way to go through the draft. Happy for our club to go ahead and rebuild through draft picks by being rewarded through lack of success. Its a disappointing trend - the old ferris wheel of rebuilding. Clubs like Collingwood, Sydney, Brisbane seem to be doing OK with any priority picks or number 1 picks.

If only players like Scully, Trengove and Martin grew on trees and were plety for picking in the VFL. Unfortunately they are not.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
Dees have gone through hell to get them mind you.

The last few years have been tough but Melbourne last played finals in 2006.
The Dees don't know the meaning of hell.