Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2010  (Read 36272 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2010
« Reply #360 on: September 17, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »
i know Mackie was dropped cause he didnt give them enough run against the saints but they really need someone to step up geelong and give them abit of run off the bakcline instead of just kicking it to packs

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »
i know Mackie was dropped cause he didnt give them enough run against the saints but they really need someone to step up geelong and give them abit of run off the backline instead of just kicking it to packs

and as soon as i say that Wojcinski goes for a run off backline and breaks the zone and it ends up being a goal  :lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:16:34 PM by tiger101 »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #362 on: September 17, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »
The only thing that can stop the Skunks tonight is Col E Wobbles. :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #363 on: September 17, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
The only thing that can stop the Skunks tonight is Col E Wobbles. :help
Yep the Pies are too quick for the Cats and everything is turning to gold as well (Dawes leg break goal). Hopefully they are saving up their poor goalkicking for the GF  ;D because they can't miss tonight.

Age is finally starting to catch up with Ling and co. Only Ablett is playing at the level required for Geelong. Lonergan probably sums up where Geelong are at tonight. He wasn't getting a game for them comes final time in 2007-9 yet now he's now needed as a key defender to pick up Cloke while Scarlett plays loose man in defence. Hawkins is useless in the ruck. He's just looking at Jolly all the time and actually should be giving away free kicks.

If the Pies lose it from here then it'll be 1970 and '73 all over again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: September 17, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »
Geelong need to do something this could get messy.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #365 on: September 17, 2010, 08:43:24 PM »
Geelong need to do something this could get messy.

Yep tiger101 was going to post that this has Geelong v Port 2007 written all over it. :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »
good to hear leigh matthews starting to question why Mackie wasnt in, saying Milburn has just lost the whereness of knowing when players are behind his back

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »
Distinct lack of leadership from the Geelong captain tonight. Far too slow and just doesn't appear to be trying to get his blokes up

J-Pod has gone missing big time. Looks lost out there and I have to say I am not surprised

Jnr playng well but where's Bartel, Kelly, Chapman and Selwood?

Is Brad out there? Stokes? Hunt?

Hopefully Milburn will realise that first thing tomorrow moring he should announce his retirement... too slow

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:38 PM »
good to hear leigh matthews starting to question why Mackie wasnt in, saying Milburn has just lost the whereness of knowing when players are behind his back
Milburn was exposed for his lack of a yard in the 2008 GF against the younger quicker Hawks but Geelong were able to cope around him last year as the Saints play(ed) a close-in contested low scoring gameplan.

Tim Lane will be feeling relieved tonight. The end of an era.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2010, 09:17:44 PM »
Ablett is having one hell of a game.
To bad there's no where to go or no one to pass it off to on most occasions.
I wonder if he will want to go to GC after this belting.
Selwood arguable Geelongs next captain might want to take note and start leading by example even when the score isnt going there way.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:45:49 PM by tiger101 »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
Their fall from grace might be alot more swifter. Look at the Brisbane era by 2005.

Scarlett has lost his aura and authority, Milburn gone.

Ottens Wojinski Ling Chapman 28-29+ and looking either psychologically shot or physically getting shot.

Mooney no longer getting the lace out service due to their dominance. J Pod an excess in this environment. Hawkins not coming on as they would have liked.

Ablett may be on the way to GC 17 leaving Selwood and Bartel exposed who have struggled tonight.

No Rooke this year and if Mackie goes then the Cats list suddenly has a whole heap of gaps in it and the father and sons won't help them in the next rebuild. Could get real ugly down Sleepy Hollow.

Heard a rumour also Bomber will use his get out clause and go and coach Essendon with James Hird his assistant. :shh

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »
I know it probly wouldnt of made a difference but early on in the game i would of thought Mackie's creativity across half back would help a hugely in breaking the collingwoods lines.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #372 on: September 17, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
Yep Tucky it's the first time in a long time Geelong have been deprived of the ball and their whole gameplan fell apart as they had no confidence going long to their forwards. They're more use to sharing the pill around racking up possies denying the ball from the opposition than kick long to the forward old school footy fashion. That's one thing the Saints will be able to do against the Pies if they make the GF with Riewoldt and Kosi as long tall targets and Milne at their feet.

You'd reckon Ablett will head north now. He'll be just carrying a decaying list if he stays. Richo reckons he's gone to the Gold Coast. Actually by going Ablett will be doing the Cats a bigger favour long-term than if he stays. Geelong will get two first round picks to help toards rebuilding their list. The Cats have some big decisions to make now. If they hold on to their aging premiership players for the next few years then that'll delay their rebuild and they'll probably end up back to where they were in 1999; if they make some tough decisions forcing older players into retirement and trading for draft picks then the downtime will be a lot less painful long-term.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #373 on: September 17, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »
I know it probly wouldnt of made a difference but early on in the game i would of thought Mackie's creativity across half back would help a hugely in breaking the collingwoods lines.

Mackie couldn't have any worse that's for sure. He's not VFL standard like Lonergan.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: September 17, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »
in hindsight i have to agree with tom harley i think who said it about pods maybe slowing hawkins development this year taking the 2nd tall forward off him. Geelong wonte want to cull to many players at once. bring in some youth but also be able to make the top 8 next year.