Author Topic: Tiger Fans turn on Drafted Cubs  (Read 3155 times)

PuntRdRoar

Tiger Fans turn on Drafted Cubs
« on: November 23, 2004, 11:39:30 AM »
 >:(

The morons on the other site...from which most of us have been banned have slowly started to turn on our young drafted players. Already questioning the courage of Meyer, the failure to select Wood or Monfries. Look I wasnt totally happy either...but it was a good draft. Sure we can pick at the edges...I wanted Wood and Gibson...didnthappen but for christs sake dont go questioning a kids courage...when hes only just arrived at Punt Road. Give the kids a chance!

RT

Ox

Re: Tiger Fans turn on Drafted Cubs
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:00:30 PM »
Thats ridiculous Ramps ,
even the ox hasn't commenced bagging the new kids :shh

Oh well,what do u expect from the little kiddies web-site.?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 01:36:40 PM »
Who cares!  :sleep  ::). I remember people on the old Tigerfury site having a go at Cogs the first day we drafted him saying "you can see he doesn't want to be at Richmond" ::). The draft is an educated lottery and you won't know how well you really did until 5 years from now.

The main thing is Wallace rates Meyer very highly. Said so last night as he spent plenty of time with this year watching U18's footy. Reckons he's probably more highly skilled than Browny. Best set shot on goal on our list from day one. Terry seemed quite confident of our first 5 picks and hopes the later speculative choices come through.

It's obvious from past drafts that a couple of kids for each Club will not make it. Just the nature of the draft. Hopefully with 5 picks in the top 20 our probability of success is greater than the norm.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 04:40:30 PM »
Didnt people there support Dud as coach?

Thats a sign to turn a blind eye to it all...........
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 07:24:08 PM »
Look I will be straight down the line here - I dont want to generalize but I joined that site before this one and honestly by the time I had been on there probably only a couple of weeks the mentality and attitude of most of the posters on there totally baffled me.

Particulary a certain few that just went on and on and on and on and on  :banghead

I wasn't banned or anything but I can tell you I dont and wont go there again - some of them need to learn it is only their opinion which by the size of most of these forums is a very minuet population of the Tiger army.

No offence to anyone here but the only reason I joined these things in the first place was because I work long hours and have access so they pass the time away.

So far I have enjoyed following this site - You state your opinions and respect those of aothers with a bit of fun in between - keep it up.  :cheers

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 11:58:38 PM »
Well look,

I post on the following three.

One-Eyed Richmond - very professional, good posters, missing some footfall.  Not sure how you best promote the site.

Big Footy - Very basic, plenty of opposition supporters to get stuck into, different perspective, plenty and plenty of trolls

Pre - Am an old member.  Happy with the site, but try and stay out of the politics.  Plenty of posters, which does obviously increase the chances of a few people questioning the merits of a player that has JUST been drafted.

I will continue to use all three, unless of course I get a ban.

I do more reading than posting, but I do find this place more to my age bracket (late 20s mid 30s, seen alot of footy, played a lot of footy, wore a duffel coat, had a number 8 on my back as a teenager)

froars

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 12:21:04 AM »
No offence to WP and MT, but any footy site is a good site to post on - as long as we're talking footy, having some fun, not getting too upset when ppl have a go at you etc etc. - then they're all ok.  I watch all the sites and post on the ones i can  ;) - even post on Bomberblitz on occasion - good site for trolling and good general section. I try and stay away from their footy crap lol.

As for turning on the players, i haven't seen it.  But i'm peeed off with the preoccupation with Tambling - hey, Deledio was our number one lol

And MT, stop bringing up my old posts re Cogs on Tigerfury will ya lol.  IMO, that was the best footy site we've had - a bit like Bigfooty where you could go to other club sites and troll.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 12:35:22 AM »
 I watch all the sites and post on the ones i can  ;) - even post on Bomberblitz on occasion - good site for trolling and good general section. I try and stay away from their footy crap lol.

The only other one I knew about was Dawk headquarters - that was a good laugh when they went for Roughead instead of tambling  :lol

Gee that essendscum one is very RED - what are the other ones froars just out of interest  :shh

froars

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 12:38:43 AM »
umm, other what CUB lol
I only post on the Tiger ones and Bomberblitz - but there's heaps more of other clubs. 
Got any links MT?

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 08:38:11 AM »
Tigerfury was a good site.  I have posted on OER, PRE and Bigfooty.  I find OER the best as it doesn't have all the waffle the other two tend to have.

Offline Khan

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 10:10:45 AM »
Have to admit I am a member at all three boards, tend to mainly post at PigFooty as I know CJH quite well. Only post here if I have something to say. Unfortunatly I have almost stopped posting at PRE as I dont agree with the worshipping of Micheal Paloff (Phantom) on all things footy so I ahve sort of dropped off PRE .

Good site and even though there are less posts here they seem to be of a high quality (exception being this one of course). Keep up the good work people.

Khan

p.s  OER also dowsen't have as many Forums to traverse to find articles, and the articles stay put
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 10:12:53 AM by Khan »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 04:03:06 PM »
what are the other ones froars just out of interest  :shh

Got any links MT?

Adelaide - Don't have one that I'm aware of. Most Crow fans post on Bigfooty.
Brisbane - Lionised
Carlton - The Blue View
Collingwood - Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board
Essendon - Bomber Blitz
Fremantle - Dockerland
Geelong - Cats Claw - need to be a ezboard member (use old roarpower account)
Hawthorn - Hawk Headquarters
Roos - SearchingKangaroo - However Bigfooty is where most Roo fans post.
Melbourne - Demonology 
Port Adelaide = The Power from Port
St Kilda - Saintsational
Sydney - Red and White Online
West Coast - Eagles flying high
Bulldogs - Don't have one that I'm aware of. Most Doggy fans post on Bigfooty (a couple of them totally obsessed with Richmond  ::) )
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 06:45:18 PM »
To be honest, i am sick and tired of hearing about PRE.

I remember for the first month or so after i got banned i was missing it.

Now i can access it again and have been able to for many months, but i hardly even bother anymore.

I would never waste my time posting on there again as i said earlier, Lets not mention it again.

There is too much crap on the site these days and too many people who dont know jackshit.

I prefer the smaller amount of members we have here on OER, atleast we can have some constructive discussions and people have a good understanding of the club and game.