Author Topic: I didn't speak to Waldron at Richmond: Walls  (Read 7709 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
I didn't speak to Waldron at Richmond: Walls
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
Walls just said this on 3aw.

What club would tolerate a situation where the senior coach (Walls) and the football manager (Waldron) weren't on speaking terms  :-X.

Geez I wonder why everything went pear-shaped post-95  :P.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: I didn't speak to Waldron at Richmond: Walls
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:44:14 PM »
I met a few yrs back a player that played briefly during the Northey/walls era..when I asked what the diff was when walls took over he mentioned a POOR communicator...Only really got to know the name players in Campbell, richo , Kellaway and co, barely speaking to anyone else on the list...Not suprised at the ex school teacher arrogance :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »

What club would tolerate a situation where the senior coach (Walls) and the football manager (Waldron) weren't on speaking terms  :-X.

You might find the current situation aint real flash either

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »

Well if you talk to players who arent playing when they think they should  be im not surprised that some are saying that Hardwick isnt a flash communicator. From what I see, Hardwick has done everything right, giving kids a chance, playing the youngsters, sacking 14 blokes etc etc. I take with a grain of salt these type of criticisms, especially if they are coming from players who are not playing.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »

Well if you talk to players who arent playing when they think they should  be im not surprised that some are saying that Hardwick isnt a flash communicator. From what I see, Hardwick has done everything right, giving kids a chance, playing the youngsters, sacking 14 blokes etc etc. I take with a grain of salt these type of criticisms, especially if they are coming from players who are not playing.

I mean between Cameron and Hardwick, not the players

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 01:55:50 PM »
Craig Cameron hasnt done anything as yet to show us hes the real deal in his job. Neil Balme should have been chased for this particular job anyway.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »
I met a few yrs back a player that played briefly during the Northey/walls era..when I asked what the diff was when walls took over he mentioned a POOR communicator...Only really got to know the name players in Campbell, richo , Kellaway and co, barely speaking to anyone else on the list...Not suprised at the ex school teacher arrogance :lol

What does being a teacher have to do with arrogance? ::)
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:03:10 PM »

IMO if hardwick doesn't make it, it will be due to decisions like holding onto Cameron.
Dimma has done all the right things so far that was asked, but why on earth would he hold onto Cameron.
Cameron was millers sidekick in the Wallace era. This man was instrumental in recruiting guys lime Thompson, hislop and co.
It was a big mistake holding onto him when you had balmy and Scotty Clayton there for the taking.

I mean between Cameron and Hardwick, not the players
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
Craig Cameron hasnt done anything as yet to show us hes the real deal in his job. Neil Balme should have been chased for this particular job anyway.

CORRECT.
he just plays the political game down there.
Worse than Miller if thats possible :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 02:05:07 PM »
If there are differences in philosophy between Hardwick and Cameron then Cameron should be out.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 02:07:25 PM »

Ramps, you might disagree with this.
But we should of chased Balme and thrown a bucket load of money at MARK WILLIAMS.
They did speak to him and thats it.
Mark Williams is a great coach and the task at hand at PUNT RD is way too hard for a young inexperienced coach.
We need a coach who will stand up to the board and knobs like Cameron, not vice versa , as is now the case.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »
If there are differences in philosophy between Hardwick and Cameron then Cameron should be out.

there is.
Also between March and Cameron, interesting hey

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »

tbh Neil Balme is grossly overrated, him and Kleiman were almost strung up at the end of his Collingwood tenure following one Tarrant escapade too many, certainly landed on his feet arriving at the Cattery smack bang in the middle of a Golden era...we could argue all day on his influence but I'd suggest little more than the chief property steward :lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 02:36:10 PM »

tbh Neil Balme is grossly overrated, him and Kleiman were almost strung up at the end of his Collingwood tenure following one Tarrant escapade too many, certainly landed on his feet arriving at the Cattery smack bang in the middle of a Golden era...we could argue all day on his influence but I'd suggest little more than the chief property steward :lol
Success follows Neil Balme, was at Melbourne when they played in their recent GF, went to Collingwood and they played in 2 GFs, moved to Geelong when they were treading water and they played in 3 GFs and won 2.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

What does being a teacher have to do with arrogance? ::)

have you ever met a teacher that doesnt think he knows everything ::), prob applies to males moreso