Author Topic: I didn't speak to Waldron at Richmond: Walls  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
Re: I didn't speak to Waldron at Richmond: Walls
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
Yes I have, plenty. ;)

sorry mate, my guess is you are from the profession, probably tainted by my not so pleasant memories of primary school teachers  :-\and in any case Im genralising which I shouldn't do...

cheers..

got kept in at lunchtime for being a smartalec hey?

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »
Yes I have, plenty. ;)

sorry mate, my guess is you are from the profession, probably tainted by my not so pleasant memories of primary school teachers  :-\and in any case Im genralising which I shouldn't do...

cheers..

Yes  ;)
No probs, cheers  :)
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
Walls has alot to answer for. He was rubbish as a coach. Should have kept Northey. Only Walls could have stuffed up such a talented team as the one we had in 96.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 08:39:45 PM »
Walls has alot to answer for. He was rubbish as a coach. Should have kept Northey. Only Walls could have stuffed up such a talented team as the one we had in 96.

I agree Walls was a dud and I think he admitted later that he was past it when he took up the Richmond job, he just didn't realize it at the time.  We all think we're invincible but age catches up to all of us.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
The Walls appointment was the worst thing we could've done at that time after making finals.
Club has never recovered.

Walls is a sensationalist drama queen who jumps on every bandwagon and claims to have picked a teams rise and fall. He is a turncoat and a fraud.

Gigantor

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 10:51:05 PM »
without getting into specifics how common are spats like that at AFL clubs?
Do the players really want to play for each other or would some rather poke out the eyes of another.
i remember hearing many years ago kevin sheedy say how he never got on with royce hart but was just in awe of his ability

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 01:08:46 AM »
name one example on the mismanagement of players, err suspending Cuzz for hadning out prescription medication, or suspending Connors for being legless :lol...yeah shocking

Elevating Polak on to the Senior List.

PS I've got more if you want.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 01:53:44 AM »
name one example on the mismanagement of players, err suspending Cuzz for hadning out prescription medication, or suspending Connors for being legless :lol...yeah shocking

While I agree it was the wrong decision and I thought that Gourdis should have been elevated after his performance on Lance Franklin in the NAB Cup, we had to make a decision prior to Round 1 on the rookies we would nominate in place of veterans. Other than Gourdis (and he wasn't exactly demanding elevation with his form), no one else had really put their hand up.
The idea of having Polak as a bigger body to straighten up or forward line I think was sound, however obviously he has plateued or dropped in form and not demanded a spot.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 08:12:57 AM »

I have more as well, but whats the point, havent got the the time to list them all down

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 11:30:10 AM »
Infamy, you've sort of gone around the point.

The important point here, as referred to by others previously, is that Cameron is making decisions on the playing list, that are at odds with the match committee.

This has been going on since before the trade period, throughout the draft periods and through the period before the season. Is it still happening and will it influence who we put on the LTIL and who is elevated mid-season?

While Cameron as LIST MANAGER has the right to make these decisions, to do so against the advice of the match committee through the season, simply creates problems for unity within the football department.

Cameron should cede the List Manager position to Hartley (who was recruited for this very job) as soon as possible because these decisions (LTIL, mid-year elevation) are now upon us.

Taylor is looking like a possible LTIL.
Mid year elevation is only five or six weeks away.

Do we want another situation where the List Manager elevates a player that the Match Committee won't play?

It is obvious that Cameron, Campbell and Jackson made the decisions on Polak and ignored the long term planning of the match committee, to give the younger ones a big chance to develop.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »

not sure that fits into the mismanagement of players there partner, what next using JR in the backline on sun night :lol...fair dinkum some of you guys will try anything on for size
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
Infamy, you've sort of gone around the point.

The important point here, as referred to by others previously, is that Cameron is making decisions on the playing list, that are at odds with the match committee.

This has been going on since before the trade period, throughout the draft periods and through the period before the season. Is it still happening and will it influence who we put on the LTIL and who is elevated mid-season?

While Cameron as LIST MANAGER has the right to make these decisions, to do so against the advice of the match committee through the season, simply creates problems for unity within the football department.

Cameron should cede the List Manager position to Hartley (who was recruited for this very job) as soon as possible because these decisions (LTIL, mid-year elevation) are now upon us.

Taylor is looking like a possible LTIL.
Mid year elevation is only five or six weeks away.

Do we want another situation where the List Manager elevates a player that the Match Committee won't play?

It is obvious that Cameron, Campbell and Jackson made the decisions on Polak and ignored the long term planning of the match committee, to give the younger ones a big chance to develop.
I think you're having a massive over reaction. We HAD TO make the call before Round 1 on who we would elevate in place of our veterans. Other than Gourdis showing a couple of positive signs, no one really put their hand up, so they elevated both the mature rookies.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »
If there are differences in philosophy between Hardwick and Cameron then Cameron should be out.

there is.
Also between March and Cameron, interesting hey

And you got this earth shattering piece of gossip from where this time?

Give me a break - you cannot really be serious

So let me get this straight outside of everyone at the club being liars am I to now believe we have a club of Oscar calibre actors as well?

Because we certainly must have because the 2 you mention above were at Craigieburn on Saturday together talking for the entire game. But based on your gossip they must be bloody brillant actors  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »
not sure that fits into the mismanagement of players there partner, what next using JR in the backline on sun night :lol...fair dinkum some of you guys will try anything on for size

I'll try and make this as simple as possible for you.
Management of players involves who is on or off your playing list.
Elevating players from rookie to senior allows them to play for the RFC.

As said in my last post, elevating Polak is not as important as the point that the senior coach did'nt want the player elevated. 

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »

I think you're having a massive over reaction. We HAD TO make the call before Round 1 on who we would elevate in place of our veterans. Other than Gourdis showing a couple of positive signs, no one really put their hand up, so they elevated both the mature rookies.

"we", "they"?
Richmond as a club had to make the decision on elevations.
Cameron elevated both the mature rookies.
As I have pointed out, by his actions Hardwick has shown that he does not agree with that Decision.

You call it a massive over reaction, I worry about the senior coach wanting to fast track young players being hamstrung by the List Manager not allowing him to play them.