Author Topic: Election Info  (Read 1597 times)

froars

Election Info
« on: November 24, 2004, 12:10:48 AM »
Does anyone know when we're getting info mailed out to us about candidates - i'm assuming we will.
As someone who doesn't watch or listen to radio talkback or tellie or read newspapers, cos i can read all i want to know on here lol - would be nice to get some info on all the candidates.
Got a very important vote to make - don't want to stuff this one up!
Still only heard hot air from the alternative - makes me wonder what they've got in store - if they've got anything.
Apart from the financials, i'm pretty happy with what's happening lately at the club - would hate to see the direction they're going in falter because of inflated or wounded egos.
BTW, where's Macek - is he in the country?  I notice ppl were upset when Casey went o/s - don't hear a wimper out of them re Macek lol.

On another matter - Bryan Wood.  Anyone peeed off that he's decided to get involved at the club when they're on the up?  Where was he for the last 15 or so years?  Essendon.  I've been around the club a long time, i have rarely seen him at RFC functions or games. Just wondering where this sudden enthusiasm is coming from!

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Election Info
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 08:05:08 AM »
"On another matter - Bryan Wood.  Anyone peeed off that he's decided to get involved at the club when they're on the up?  Where was he for the last 15 or so years?  Essendon.  I've been around the club a long time, i have rarely seen him at RFC functions or games. Just wondering where this sudden enthusiasm is coming from!" Froars

Good point Froars - wonder when he purchased his Tiger membership! Rex mightn't been a paid up member, but he's done a hell of lot more for the club over the last decade than Wood.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 12:32:13 PM »
Does anyone know when we're getting info mailed out to us about candidates - i'm assuming we will.

Nominations close next week 1/12/04. So we wont get anything before then. All candidates are allowed to supply a flyer to be distributed to members - it isn't complusory though (remember TJ  last year ::)). It must be supoplied to the returning officers for distributuon with voting papers.

As someone who doesn't watch or listen to radio talkback or tellie or read newspapers, cos i can read all i want to know on here lol - would be nice to get some info on all the candidates.

As I said the info is the responsibility of the candidates.

BTW, where's Macek - is he in the country?  I notice ppl were upset when Casey went o/s - don't hear a wimper out of them re Macek lol.

Caro reported on the weekend he is overseas at the moment.

On another matter - Bryan Wood.  Anyone peeed off that he's decided to get involved at the club when they're on the up?  Where was he for the last 15 or so years?  Essendon.  I've been around the club a long time, i have rarely seen him at RFC functions or games. Just wondering where this sudden enthusiasm is coming from!

Been thinking the same thing myself froars.

Good point Froars - wonder when he purchased his Tiger membership! Rex mightn't been a paid up member, but he's done a hell of lot more for the club over the last decade than Wood.

Fortunately for Bryan Wood - he is a life member (since 1981) so he is automatically a member of the RFC for the rest of his life. He played over 10 years and over 150 games
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 12:56:05 PM »
Speaking of Wood.  I’ve heard a couple of times now, that if he’s elected he would be Footy Director.  Someone might know more.  Isn't that Miller's role now and, if so, where does that leave him and what would his role be then?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

froars

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 01:02:10 PM »
TS, Miller's not on the board so can't be a director - forget his title.
Thanks WP for the feedback on the candidates' info.

froars

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 01:13:08 PM »
Interesting they got Wood on the ticket for footy director anyway - when they had a fine specimen in Welsh who'd performed the job admirably for the last couple of years  ;)
Nice little shifty move to not hightlight his wonderful achievements lol

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 01:13:53 PM »
I realise Miller’s not on the Board, but if Wood is elected, from what has been said, he could be taking on the role that Miller has now.  Which made me wonder about what Miller’s role at the Club would then be.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 01:19:40 PM »
I realise Miller’s not on the Board, but if Wood is elected, from what has been said, he could be taking on the role that Miller has now.  Which made me wonder about what Miller’s role at the Club would then be.

No that's not the case TS.

Wood would have the same role as what Jewell had when he was on the board. He would the director that reports to the board about the performance of the footy department.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 01:21:32 PM »
Oh, I see said the blind man. Thanks for clearing that up WP. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 04:35:47 PM »
The titles are similar but as WP explained they totally different positions within the Club. Miller is "Director of Football" who is a paid employee of the RFC in charge of the overall running and overseeing of the footy department. Wood, Keane or whoever would be a  "Football Director" which is an honorary (non-paid) position on the board and whose duty it is to report back to the board when they meet once a month about the performance of the footy department.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd