Author Topic: It starts...  (Read 1871 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
It starts...
« on: May 16, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
The 2 mates I've had since High School who we all barrack for Richmond and go to every Vic game together... Both have agreed to watch on TV instead of going to the game....

I can put up with my team losing and being poor. When our supporters start to give in and start becoming disinterested is when we start thinking about the panic button.. Especially in Round 8..

Disappointing... anyone else suffering from others lack of enthusiasm yet?
Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: It starts...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »
Not me Pope....my enthusiasm levels are still sky high.

How could you not enjoy watching the young players comming through.

Martin...I love you man child.
Nason ...what a diamond in the rough.
Webberly...What an act of courage in just his second game.
Riewoldt ...Really stood up today-he will be a gun.

Theres going to be some more pain along the way...this "Transformation" is not going to be a "success only" journey.
Bring on 2012.
Unleash the tornado

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »
Not me Pope....my enthusiasm levels are still sky high.

How could you not enjoy watching the young players comming through.

Martin...I love you man child.
Nason ...what a diamond in the rough.
Webberly...What an act of courage in just his second game.
Riewoldt ...Really stood up today-he will be a gun.

Theres going to be some more pain along the way...this "Transformation" is not going to be a "success only" journey.
Bring on 2012.

requires another 6 or 7 quality players to be found via drafting and trading but imho Hardwick is on the right track!

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »
Preaching to the converted Ramps.

No doubt we will dump our "VFL standard" players and replace them with even more kids.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
Certainly not after that game! I had all my troop with me and it was edge of your seats stuff the whole game. I was really impressed by the endevour of the players and commitment to win the hard ball against very physical opponents. Graham, Nason, Riewoldt, Cotchin and McGuane were standouts for me but it was hard to find a bad player for us today which, for mine, is unusual this year!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »
i looked at the road ahead and thought we would give good sight in this game and went along, I wont go out of my way to attend games, as in away night games like next week or 400pm sunday...but I'll be back...No excuses for not being there today, weak as pee really :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
Four quarter efforts like today will encourage supporters to go and watch games again. People just don't want to see 8-10 goal uncompetitive losses week after week. Hopefully we can back up today's performance against the Bombers next week who are coming off a win but could possibly lose Hille to suspension.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
Four quarter efforts like today will encourage supporters to go and watch games again. People just don't want to see 8-10 goal uncompetitive losses week after week. Hopefully we can back up today's performance against the Bombers next week who are coming off a win but could possibly lose Hille to suspension.
Hooker out with a Hammy too. Dyson, Pears & Riemers won't be back in time either.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »
Hooker out with a Hammy too. Dyson, Pears & Riemers won't be back in time either.
Plus we've been a bit of a bogey side for the Bombers in the last few years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »
Despite the uncompetitiveness for the most part I have not lost faith this year in fact I feel my faith strengthened. At least I don't feel the pain and emptiness I felt last year. Sure we are getting flogged but being stoic and going to the footy knowing we are playing the ids and putting structures in place for the future just makes me want to go. Who in the RFC members in the Olympic Stand didn't feel their blood boil and feel alive about a game of footy as we all did in the final quarter today. It's what it's all about giving your best and fighting till the end.  The theme was set in place today and I'll know that at times we'll try to recapture part of today and build on that to a win(s) and other times it will go totally wrong but if we can encapsulate that moment when Jack kicked that goal or that moment when Tuck was streaming forward before that piece of poo in Mitchell came into our vision and take that to bed with us until the next thrill comes along and then we'll be fine. It's tough and it may get tougher but being stoic now will enable us to be enjoy the great times just around the corner.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 10:31:36 PM »
The 2 mates I've had since High School who we all barrack for Richmond and go to every Vic game together... Both have agreed to watch on TV instead of going to the game....

I can put up with my team losing and being poor. When our supporters start to give in and start becoming disinterested is when we start thinking about the panic button.. Especially in Round 8..

Disappointing... anyone else suffering from others lack of enthusiasm yet?

Hope your friends (and you?) learned your lesson.  ;D   Would have been kicking themselves they weren't there to cheer on a gutsy effort by the kids today.   :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 01:38:49 AM »
Despite the uncompetitiveness for the most part I have not lost faith this year in fact I feel my faith strengthened. At least I don't feel the pain and emptiness I felt last year. Sure we are getting flogged but being stoic and going to the footy knowing we are playing the ids and putting structures in place for the future just makes me want to go. Who in the RFC members in the Olympic Stand didn't feel their blood boil and feel alive about a game of footy as we all did in the final quarter today. It's what it's all about giving your best and fighting till the end.  The theme was set in place today and I'll know that at times we'll try to recapture part of today and build on that to a win(s) and other times it will go totally wrong but if we can encapsulate that moment when Jack kicked that goal or that moment when Tuck was streaming forward before that piece of poo in Mitchell came into our vision and take that to bed with us until the next thrill comes along and then we'll be fine. It's tough and it may get tougher but being stoic now will enable us to be enjoy the great times just around the corner.

Tucker that is a wonderful post. :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:23:49 AM »

:thumbsup

Couldn't agree more about the difference this year to the pain and emptiness of last year.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but in my opinion the great untapped resource of our club is the fact that there are hundreds of Tiger clubs around the country - more than any other nickname.

If I was in marketing at Punt Rd, I'd be promoting 'Tiger Nation' where we could offer cut price membership deals to young fellas who play for a club with the Tiger nickname and yellow and black colours. Would establish real nationwide support who have a real affection for the jumper and are loyal in the long-term.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but in my opinion the great untapped resource of our club is the fact that there are hundreds of Tiger clubs around the country - more than any other nickname.

If I was in marketing at Punt Rd, I'd be promoting 'Tiger Nation' where we could offer cut price membership deals to young fellas who play for a club with the Tiger nickname and yellow and black colours. Would establish real nationwide support who have a real affection for the jumper and are loyal in the long-term.

Great idea Jake, why not run it past the club?