Author Topic: Positives Against Hawks  (Read 2397 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Positives Against Hawks
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
Ok here we go:

Tackling

Run & Carry

Jackson, Newman, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Tambling, Edwards, Foley, Gus, it's great to name that many positives. Really the boys stood up today, the Hawks didnt win, we lost, our guys were great. Look out when we are fit, strong and skilled enough to execute the game plan!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Positives Against Hawks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »
Yes WAT ..Hawks did not beat us -The final siren did.
Unleash the tornado

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
Hopefully today we turn a corner like demons did with a close lose to collingwood.
today should give the boys some confidence to go into the up coming games with.

Gigantor

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:48:58 PM »
over a few weks now i have watched trent cotchin get better and better.....I have a feeling he is just about ready to announce himself

Ox

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
Hawks as bad as us

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:03:22 PM »
Hawks as bad as us
Agreed, biggest positive is that even a full strength Hawthorn side are rubbish and can barely beat us (didn't deserve to either)

Gigantor

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
I also thought thursty was brilliant today,but i dips me lid to captain newman he was brilliant today in all facets of the game

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
Agree that Newman was inspirational today - one of the few games he has played like you would hope a captain would do every week. He was terrific!

The biggest positive for mine today is that we were confident enough today in our forward structure to kick it in long to a contest. What a difference this made!

Nason is a great player in the making, Gus was good today in the ruck and as a marking forward, Cotchin stepped up even further, Lids was solid across half back, McGuane made Buddy look silly, Jackson was great around stoppages, Foley was elusive, Martin solid and Webberly showed promise. All is all it was hard to pinpoint a player who did not contribute.  :gotigers

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
Ok here we go:

Tackling

Run & Carry

Jackson, Newman, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Tambling, Edwards, Foley, Gus, it's great to name that many positives. Really the boys stood up today, the Hawks didnt win, we lost, our guys were great. Look out when we are fit, strong and skilled enough to execute the game plan!!!!

agree with everything, particulary Lids, Foley and Jack. Some want Lids gone :lol :lol :lol :lol

Newman and Mcguane lost that game for us with their shocking efforts in the back 50. They should be singled out and made to watch that vision again. :banghead :banghead :banghead

You cant be serious about Tambling's efforts today. 13 possys is unnaceptable. He doesn't deserve a spot in this team.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »
Heaps and heaps of positives today but the biggest for me was Cotchin

And plus pick 4 is still ours

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
Ok here we go:

Tackling

Run & Carry

agree with everything, particulary Lids, Foley and Jack. Some want Lids gone :lol :lol :lol :lol

Newman and Mcguane lost that game for us with their shocking efforts in the back 50. They should be singled out and made to watch that vision again. :banghead :banghead :banghead

You cant be serious about Tambling's efforts today. 13 possys is unnaceptable. He doesn't deserve a spot in this team.

Starting to become difficult to defend Tambling week in week out. Needs a stint in the seconds until he gets his confidence right and learns what is expected of him.

Newman was excellent today as was McGaune. I'm finding it hard to understand where you draw your conclusion from daniel. I thought they really stood up today and Newman was great at the kickins????

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »

Nope both were excellent you cant hang them to dry on a few isolated examples.

Thursfield and McGuanes efforts on Franklin and Roughhead were top notch.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »
Can't agree re. Luke Mc.  He was diabolical today.  Franklin was ok, but a bit underdone.  mcGuane has no idea.  He is the very last player on our list that you want to see with the ball in his hand.  Absolutely no hope.  Shouldn't play again.  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »
Great to see us have big bodies up forward that meant we straightened up

Good to see us kick long to the forward line

There was so much to like today

And the pressure we applied across the ground was sensational.

Fantastic that we actually scored goals in every quarter for the first time this season  ;D

Now I am harsh critic of Gus Graham but I will give him credit today he was good. However, the test for him is next week. Today must be the norm not the exception

the value of Foley shouldn't be under estimated either - thought he was very good

The other thing for me was Newman - sensational today best game I've seen him play and as a captain... well today he played like one - inspiring
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »
Lids, Cotch, Dustin, Axel, Jacko, Nason
4 quarter effort.
Tackling. Pressure.
Newman played a great game as skipper.
Riewoldt.
Gus was okay too.
Edwards too.
Highest score of the season.
Even the kickouts were better today too.