Author Topic: Tambling's concussion could rule him out for Dreamtime game (Age)  (Read 2243 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling's concussion could rule him out for Dreamtime game (Age)
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
If Tambling misses this week because of concussion l would find that real concerning.
l'm 99.9% sure he returned to the ground after he was carried off by 2 trainers.
So to me the doctor gave him the all clear to return safely & thier should be no concerns or reasons why he will not take his spot in the side against Essendon.

You are correct Monk he was sent back on

But I disagree with this bit:

"So to me the doctor gave him the all clear to return safely & thier should be no concerns or reasons why he will not take his spot in the side against Essendon"

The question it raises for me is why was he sent back on? It isn't the first time in the AFL that medicos have sent players back on when they shouldn't have. Jordon Lewis anyone? He played the following week after copping a an almighty whack and they are now saying he shouldn't have played. 

Also, I remember once playing cricket I copped a ball on the side of the head (wasn't wearing a helmet) and at the time felt fine, had small lump above the ear so I kept batting. After the game (few hours later) I am at the hospital with an massive headache having x-rays...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
i give credit where its due most of the time, read back on my posts and maybe i was harsh about 1 out of 101 but he has not strung more than 10 consistent games together since he was drafted. Late last year he was good.

Then say that instead of making sweeping statements that come across as foolish at best

Believe me i did watch most parts of the game from the little tv i had in front of me. I saw him kick a great goal, lay some good tackles but what next week and the week after and the one after that. He is a very inconsistent performer at this level. FACT!! He has gone backwards. Most players i would play before him except Mclovin, Hislop and Thomson.

Its a forum is it not and i call his game as i see it in my eyes, if you choose to like the way he plays thats your call.

You are correct it is a forum but one minute you are saying he is soft, now you are saying he's gone backwards?

Which is it exactly?

Perhaps both depending on what suits your argument. Keep that up Iand I will have to start calling you "Jack Daniel"  ;D

I will repeat what I said the other day, I don't think he had a good game on Sunday but he did some good things. You labelled his game as pathetic; all I have tried to do is point out that he cannot have been completely useless because he did some good things on the day.

the other thing I will stand by is the fact (note lower case) that he is coming back from a major injury that has impacted on a number of parts of his game, in particular his speed. Getting your calfs sliced open is not pleasant. Speak to anyone who has had surgery for Compartment syndrome and they will tell you it is a massive op and for a person who's job involves a great deal of running and use of their legs well logic tells you it is tough process.

Is he fit to play? Yes but it will take a good 6 months to get the strength back in his legs that had pre-surgery and the only real way it's going to happen is via playing

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
i give credit where its due most of the time, read back on my posts and maybe i was harsh about 1 out of 101 but he has not strung more than 10 consistent games together since he was drafted. Late last year he was good.

Then say that instead of making sweeping statements that come across as foolish at best

Believe me i did watch most parts of the game from the little tv i had in front of me. I saw him kick a great goal, lay some good tackles but what next week and the week after and the one after that. He is a very inconsistent performer at this level. FACT!! He has gone backwards. Most players i would play before him except Mclovin, Hislop and Thomson.

Its a forum is it not and i call his game as i see it in my eyes, if you choose to like the way he plays thats your call.

You are correct it is a forum but one minute you are saying he is soft, now you are saying he's gone backwards?

Which is it exactly?

Perhaps both depending on what suits your argument. Keep that up Iand I will have to start calling you "Jack Daniel"  ;D

I will repeat what I said the other day, I don't think he had a good game on Sunday but he did some good things. You labelled his game as pathetic; all I have tried to do is point out that he cannot have been completely useless because he did some good things on the day.

the other thing I will stand by is the fact (note lower case) that he is coming back from a major injury that has impacted on a number of parts of his game, in particular his speed. Getting your calfs sliced open is not pleasant. Speak to anyone who has had surgery for Compartment syndrome and they will tell you it is a massive op and for a person who's job involves a great deal of running and use of their legs well logic tells you it is tough process.

Is he fit to play? Yes but it will take a good 6 months to get the strength back in his legs that had pre-surgery and the only real way it's going to happen is via playing

you can start with the name calling if that makes you feel better. Jack daniel john or whatever im cool with that :thumbsup

Tambling is both, soft and has gone backwards. As i said numbers dont lie and neither does the fact he refuses to grab the hard ball, most of the times. He laid 6 tackles great :thumbsup but 13 possy's is unnaceptable as i mentioned earlier. How about last year, his best year thus  far yet only 6 games were worthy of a mention. Too consistent over his career. To think that some people bag Lids...hahahaha

Yes your right about one thing the only to regain his fitness is by playing, but why does it have to be at the expense of players who are fit and deserve a crack. Hislop as much as i dont like him as a player has got to be a better option than Tambling, surely!
 He does not deserve to be playing for the seniors based on form and input

We can argue this to the cows come home, but if your selected your fit to play, simple as that!! Didnt see Richo making excuses up when he had injuries coming out of his arse throughout his career.

you have your views on him i want him gone to GC17. Life goes on.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »

Also, I remember once playing cricket I copped a ball on the side of the head (wasn't wearing a helmet) and at the time felt fine, had small lump above the ear so I kept batting. After the game (few hours later) I am at the hospital with an massive headache having x-rays...

...and you haven't been the same since.

:lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »

not after the breast implants  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »

Hmmm that's whay Ma Powell always said  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »
you can start with the name calling if that makes you feel better. Jack daniel john or whatever im cool with that :thumbsup

Now daniel I am disappointed that you didn't appear to get the joke? I know my sense of humours not great but I thought it was pretty witty
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:51:13 PM by WilliamPowell »

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
lighten up Daniel lmao  ;D

the claw

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
lol he may miss because of concussion what a hoot. if the rfc are serious concussion will not be the reason he misses hes been shocking this yr and really should be dropped.

daniel you are right he managed to string 12 14 decent games together last yr . that has truly been the exception rather than the rule.
he is back to normal we have had 5 yrs of ordinariness from richie but one passable string of games has him being hero worshipped by the easily pleased ferals.

ya know its hard to pick up on the telly very often but you see it with richie that is him being a lazy witness  jogging between contests and never getting there. yep witness should be his monicker.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 07:22:20 PM »
Does anyone else think we could have won the game if we put Blinger on Rioli - I still think they have a plan for Richie (defensive pressure) and he is taking time to adapt.

He can frustrate but I cant question his attack on the ball.

It was a couple of bad decisions that cost us game.
You wont tag a player completely like Rioli because he has explosive speed & skill.
We needed a player to try block his run & rough him up to try taking him out of the play as much as you can.  But when the ball falls free you can count Rioli being at the bottom & he is so freakisk near goal you know the result 80% of the time

Just rate him enough to think he could have gone with Rioli and saved one goal - we win. We had our talls on him at times.